It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello From the Bay Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just made an account. Long time lurker. Im a 24 year old male from the midwest.
About 3 weeks ago i decided to up and leave and head for the west coast. Why? Idk.
Didnt have much back home and needed a change.

Stuff here is going ok so far. Came out with the Girlfriend thinking we'd be alright.
Turns out things didnt go quite as planned and now we're left without a place to stay hah.

Things are alright though. managed to find work, minimum wage but i guess its something to start on.

I dont know anyone here so i suppose me adding all this to my intro was just a way of venting a bit.

Seems we may take for granted the value of a listening ear.

Anyway Glad to be here hope to be part of some great convos!

Have a great day everyone

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Welcome, I always have admiration for anyone brave enough to up sticks and seek out new adventures.

I hope it goes well.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. Depends on which side of the bridge you're on as to what to wear. Niners or Raiders.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sinotherman0110

Welcome to ATS, Sinotherman0110.

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send and receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the information provided below:

Terms and Conditions ...... (Very important, please review.)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Enjoy your stay and never hesitate to ask anyone on staff for help if you need it.

Blaine91555
ATS Moderator and Member

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hello and Welcome to ATS! Best of Good luck to You and Your Gal out on the West Coast!!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi!! Welcome!!
Good move, heading to the west coast, especially the bay area. I, too, was from the midwest (southern illinois) and moved to San Francisco, pretty much for the same reasons as you. ended up in limbo, at hostels, and on couches briefly, then found a tiny studio in the Tenderloin in SF. BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!! Later moved to Fremont in the east bay, for 10 yrs, but i had to return to the midwest recently, but i miss the bay area so much! You'll love it. Dont ever leave, its the best place for open minds and experiencing high strangeness, but in a good way. lol 99% of the paranormal, spiritual, ufo, etc etc etc i ever experienced was there. if you ever want tips on where to go, what to do, places to check out, just ask! Good Luck!! People there are great, you'll do well.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gemdog

Oh that sounds fantastic i'd love a few tips on where to go exploring
and perhaps stumble upon some renown paranormal areas!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

where are you at in the Bay Area? I mostly explored SF and Fremont/Hayward/Alameda/San Jose... theres lots of old cemeteries, spanish Missions, old historic sites/homes/landmarks.. a lot of places in the east bay are just how they were from the turn of the century, not a lot of over development, which is great for paranormal activity. the bay area is also great for ufo and sky watching.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gemdog

Currently stationed in the East Bay because thats where i landed some work. You been to any areas around there first hand?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
yep! I lived in Fremont for 10 years. spent most of my ghost hunting etc adventures in that general area of the east bay. the old cemeteries and missions in Hayward and Fremont are great, check those out. and the USS Hornet in Alameda is very cool
it has a long paranormal history, theres lots of videos online about it, too. a reply to: Sinotherman0110

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

top topics

join