It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Compares the Selma March to Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah...it's scotch night lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I love how FOX puts up their black pundit to complain about what Obama said... as if her opinion is somehow more valid, because she's black. She's a FOX newsie! What do you think she's going to say? Her politics are clearly more important to her than the truth of the matter. After all, she's got hers. Why would she be concerned about all the people coming behind her?

Geeez. So a 'black' woman's opinion only matters if she's liberal...and if she isn't liberal, she's just a greedy liar?
That is such BS!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why would Obama see any "similarities"??

originally posted by: Flatfish
I think the real question you should be asking yourself is; Why is it that you can't see the obvious similarities?

As usual, the President gave a great speech that anyone with half a brain and an ounce of empathy could easily understand and agree with.

If you don't get it, I'd look inward because that's where the problem is....and we all know it.

I never rendered any opinion at all did I.

That's why I asked the question.

Look, you can lol all you want, but if you were sincerely asking the question because you couldn't see the similarities, I stand 100% behind every word of my response.

Furthermore, if you weren't being sincere and this is just another example of one of your daily troll threads, I stand 100% behind every word of my response.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Actually I see many similarities.

How many do you see?

A well thought out response from you (for a change) would be appreciated considering this is an important topic.

Do you really get jollies from attacking members?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Actually I see many similarities.

How many do you see?

A well thought out response from you (for a change) would be appreciated considering this is an important topic.

Do you really get jollies from attacking members?

To tell you the truth, at this point in time I've read enough of your post here on ATS to know that even if the President cured cancer, ended hunger and war forever and he did it today, you'd find a reason to disagree with his actions.

Actually, I don't know why I waste a single second of my life responding to anything you post here on ATS.

Maybe it's because I know that all it takes for a bad man to be successful is for a good man to remain silent.

It's certainly not because I derive any pleasure in attacking others.

Like I originally stated; Anyone with half a brain clearly understood the President's statements and comparisons.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

WoW

still no responses to the topic

most unfortunate

and sad

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have pity for these people who are illegal but the law is the law. They should be given green cards and made to take citizenship classes. but they should not be given citizenship. Their law breaking parents though should be sent back with no return possible.

Since there is no real diffrent races Biologically speaking then why scream racism? its illogical and not scientific,but we wont because the sheeple are too freaking stupid to actually think for themselves.

Obama needed to mention the africans who allowwed the slavetrade to be such a profitable business. It would had been un profitable if the africans would had starte d killing off the slavetraders but they let greed take precedence.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Obama, the Wall Street Bankers' Bitch.

Black Americans: The True Casualties of Amnesty
source: goo.gl...

edit on 7-3-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Great straw man argument! Under that point why can't everyone in the world vote in our elections? The rule of law does not apply if you can modify the law without the consent of the governed.
There is an inherent difference between a citizen not treated equally under the law and demanding citizenship rights for an illegal immigrant. The first case is and was wrong according to existing laws. The second case is the way our laws read.
Uncontrolled immigration didn't work too well for the native Americans. How can we expect a better result from the same actions?
Just blowing hot air. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
In a way it is true...did the slaves have any say when they were brought here?

Did a child brought here by his parents illegally have any say in the matter?

No..so why should a child suffer for the mistakes of their parents?

Slaves were brought by Americans, they did not illegally cross the border to become property. Slaves would be like a legal immigrant.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Slaves were brought by Americans, they did not illegally cross the border to become property.

Whether their border crossing was by their own volition, or someone else's, they did not become citizens. What makes it legal? Did they go through immigration? Did they take the proper steps to become citizens? Regardless of who brought them here, they were NOT legal citizens until the government passed litigation (The 14th Amendment, I believe) that made them so...

Sounds pretty similar to babies being hauled across the border (not by their own volition) and government stepping in to give them relief from deportation.

No one is claiming that the blacks at Selma is EXACTLY the same as illegal immigrants today, but as regards the promise of an inclusive America where everybody is equal under the law, there are enough similarities to make a comparison, which is what Obama was asked and answered.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
In a way it is true...did the slaves have any say when they were brought here?

Did a child brought here by his parents illegally have any say in the matter?

No..so why should a child suffer for the mistakes of their parents?

Slaves were brought by Americans, they did not illegally cross the border to become property. Slaves would be like a legal immigrant.

Whoa whoa whoa. No slaves were not. Most slave traders were not americans but europeans,and french,and arabians and the africans too. The american colonist after the revolutionary war bought them though. Also during the days of slavery immigration was not monitored everywhere so there was no laws regualting it. Slaves werent immigrants by law back then.

I said earlier that kids should be given green cards and the oppurtunity to become citizens eventually by taking classes,BUT they should not be given citizenship just because their law breaking parents snuck them in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join