It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the Putin and Russia lovers/haters,this post is for you.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
The idea of dividing members into putin lovers or haters, is unbelievably childish, I'm struggling to get my head round it. It's like playground stuff.

Do you love Vlad?
Check da or nyet

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If I love him does it make me a gay?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If I love him does it make me a gay?

Not if you refrain from making eye contact...

In all seriousness, it's unfortunate that we're stuck in being pigeonholed into either thinking person XYZ is the greatest BFF ever or hating their everloving guts. There are so many different possibilities between those two that it's simply ridiculous... yet that's mirrored perfectly in the US' political system. It's all such a devisive joke.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

a reply to: Dimithae

You two did a fine job of summarizing my thoughts on Russia and Putin. While it is true that this shouldn't be a zero sum game, global politics IS a zero sum game always. You will always have a side history sees as right and one history sees as wrong or even evil. I think the surest way to end that ridiculous pigeonholing is to actually look at who is most vocal against Putin and, more importantly, what their conflicts of interest are.

Obama: Any US leader decrying what Russia did in the Ukraine is a hypocritical liar. No nation on Earth has been more successful at invasions and empire building than the USA has. Obama lacks even above sea level ground, let alone high ground, to warrant him having any opinion on the actions of Putin.

the EU: This one is a bit more nuanced, but based on the EU's recent history of dealing with, and subsequently enslaving and crippling, troubled nations, nobody with a straight face can claim involvement with the EU would have served the Ukraine better than what happened with Russia. The Euromaidan on one side, Russia on the other... Ukraine: CHOOSE YOUR RAPIST!

Putin was protecting the interests and well being of Russians inside the Ukraine. In a similar situation, most countries of the world have a history of covertly sending money to rebels (or in America's case, hand choosing the rebels, arming them, and then keeping their fingers crossed that they will become a useful enemy 20 years later when the country needs another enemy to wage war against.)

Fully agree that they are showing themselves to be hypocrites in the US, I always say it's one rule for all or no rules for any. Obama and crew has NO credibility, neither did Bush v2.0 or Clinton or Bush v1.0 or Reagen. All were doing dirty deals and empire building in the background (some foreground). It's just like I have said before about the US, Africa and Saddam. While we had a weapons embargo in South Africa and were voluntarily "dismantling" (haha) our nuclear program at Pal and Vel, CIA point man John Stockwell was giving us (and UNITA) recon and logistical support in SWA against Angola, but it gets worse.

When ole Bush v1.0 wanted to test all the new weapons systems in a "real scenario" and take down Saddam for Haliburton and the rest of the crew he used the CIA as well, initially, and then sent in the US ambassador class, care of the US State Department, to sell Saddam the initial billion or so in weapons he needed to take Kuwait (the CIA and State department told him they wouldn't interfere if he took Kuwait). So the US State department moved billions in weapons to set-up an enemy (friend at the time?) through a country (South Africa) under a weapons embargo. That deal went down at Oliphants Game Farm and I wouldn't even have known if I didn't find the ambassadors wife's gold lipstick case in our plane (then of course pressure my MI pilot for what the hell was going on and then see the actual way bills in our fixer's office - waves at Esmund). So.... WTF?

If the US was protecting a very large group of Americans in the Ukraine, ok, I can see some outrage and incentive to do something serious, but this is empire building, US friendly regime change (I think it's called a coup de tat LOL) and the "Indians" circling Putin's Russia to start a war of attrition. But that duck ain't gonna fly, I can just hear Putin when it gets too stupid, "Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war!" He isn't going to hold back and as I said, the US and Russia will destroy each other, the Chinese will only need to walk in with brooms and Boron.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/8.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join