It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the Putin and Russia lovers/haters,this post is for you.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

For all of those people that say Russia has been sending troops into Ukraine and are fighting there,well there seems to be some issues with that. The other European nations are getting the same intel as NATO. It seems NATO has no intell group of its own. Instead they rely on all the other EU members to send them intell,and guess what? The EU countries are looking at NATO like a red headed step child now.

German leaders in Berlin were stunned. They didn't understand what Breedlove was talking about. And it wasn't the first time. Once again, the German government, supported by intelligence gathered by the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), Germany's foreign intelligence agency, did not share the view of NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR).

The pattern has become a familiar one. For months, Breedlove has been commenting on Russian activities in eastern Ukraine, speaking of troop advances on the border, the amassing of munitions and alleged columns of Russian tanks. Over and over again, Breedlove's numbers have been significantly higher than those in the possession of America's NATO allies in Europe. As such, he is playing directly into the hands of the hardliners in the US Congress and in NATO.www.informationclearinghouse.info...

This article originally came out of Der Spiegel. It seems as the article says that NATO is losing all credibility and the US as well. I am willing to bet that NATO is dumb enough to quote Ukraine's government on its numbers. After all it has to show it has some use or countries start talking about disbanding NATO. They are all out of jobs there then.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Now I will hit on the point about Nazis being in Ukraine. Yes I think we are all knowing about Right Sector and Azov battalion. I won't say that both sides don't have them,but Kiev seems to really use them. I have seen video after video of Right Sector beating and terrorizing people for having any view point but their own. The seperationists side? not really. The reason is beliefs. The neo Nazis hate Russians and won't work with them.Those that are in Russia itself hate everything about it. So its really hard to believe that Nazi's are sincerely helping the pro Russians.

youtu.be...

Not saying it couldn't happen,but unlikely.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Dimithae because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am by no means a fan of Putin but here is this:

Putin Cuts his Salary as Economy Tumbles

Although a minimal cut for him, I don't recall seeing any of our politicians taking pay cuts during the crash of '08.

My guess is Putin is doing this purely as a way to appease the people while villianizing the west further. I think it's clear he wants a war of some sort and so does the west. The global economy is teetering on collapse and I think war is very appealing to most politicians to avoid civil unrest in their countries due to poor economic situations.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's a battle of the aligned nations vs the non-aligned. Plain and simple. Some peoples' ideologies just see things one way, and others see it another. And a lot of the time they may not even fundamentally know why.

Others who might fit the mold of Putin: Castro, Ahmadinejad, Chavez.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ukraine is a sovereign nation.

But you just cant fathom that. Can you?

History, opinion, thoughts, news stories , history class. Propaganda.

Good for you. But at the end of the day, Ukraine is a sovereign nation.

Get it?

I didn't think so.

So just go ahead and spend your time justifying illegal global tactics.
Keep thinking we're dumb.
It's getting old now.
But go ahead if it makes you feel like you're some kind of chess master. (yawns)

(putin rules) -illegally.

edit on 7-3-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Correction : Ukraine was a sovereign nation till an illegal coup took place.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

He went out pretty easily. Hardly a coup.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
These are the guys who brought us the Czar Bomb and subsequent Doomsday Device.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

He went out pretty easily. Hardly a coup.

Only too bad the Russians are able to listen in on phone conversations and are so kindly to share them with the rest of the World.

The Paet-Ashton Transcript

Here is a complete transcript of the extraordinarily revealing phone conversation, that occurred on 26 February 2014, in which the foreign-affairs chief of the European Union, Catherine Ashton, was informed by her investigator, Urmas Paet, into his findings regarding what had been the cause of the violence that brought down the Ukrainian Government of President Viktor Yanukovych — whether it was Yanukovych himself, or the people who had opposed Yanukovych and who had supported Ukraine’s joining the EU (which Yanukovych had finally decided not to do).

This conversation makes absolutely clear that the EU had not participated in bringing down Yanukovych and was shocked to learn that Yanukovych had not been behind the violence on that historic occasion, which had occurred only days prior.

Source

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
When the Putin supporters (God bless them) can finally admit that Russia has a hand in the Ukraine crisis then we can debate.

Until then..there is no debate.

*You're smart and crafty, we're dumb.
(blah blah blah)

edit on 8-3-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

a reply to: Dimithae

You two did a fine job of summarizing my thoughts on Russia and Putin. While it is true that this shouldn't be a zero sum game, global politics IS a zero sum game always. You will always have a side history sees as right and one history sees as wrong or even evil. I think the surest way to end that ridiculous pigeonholing is to actually look at who is most vocal against Putin and, more importantly, what their conflicts of interest are.

Obama: Any US leader decrying what Russia did in the Ukraine is a hypocritical liar. No nation on Earth has been more successful at invasions and empire building than the USA has. Obama lacks even above sea level ground, let alone high ground, to warrant him having any opinion on the actions of Putin.

the EU: This one is a bit more nuanced, but based on the EU's recent history of dealing with, and subsequently enslaving and crippling, troubled nations, nobody with a straight face can claim involvement with the EU would have served the Ukraine better than what happened with Russia. The Euromaidan on one side, Russia on the other... Ukraine: CHOOSE YOUR RAPIST!

Putin was protecting the interests and well being of Russians inside the Ukraine. In a similar situation, most countries of the world have a history of covertly sending money to rebels (or in America's case, hand choosing the rebels, arming them, and then keeping their fingers crossed that they will become a useful enemy 20 years later when the country needs another enemy to wage war against.)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

When the Putin supporters (God bless them) can finally admit that Russia has a hand in the Ukraine crisis then we can debate.

(blah blah blah)

I just thought you were ill-informed.

But now I just think, you want the World to be a certain way and reality is simply different.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The idea of dividing members into putin lovers or haters, is unbelievably childish, I'm struggling to get my head round it. It's like playground stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
The idea of dividing members into putin lovers or haters, is unbelievably childish, I'm struggling to get my head round it. It's like playground stuff.

You`re just a playground stuff hater !

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien I never liked it as a child

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I`m sorry to hear that, it can be a brutal place but also a wonderful place when you`re young.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

(blah blah blah)

Why would Russia want to destabilize a country that you all say was their puppet? That just doesn't make sense. And until you start making sense you are right... there is no debate.
All you 'Murica lovers think that calling people that have a different opinions as Putin lovers and such would do well to remember that the entity you defend for it's probably the most destructive force in the last 50 years, destabilizing countries funding terrorists and responsible for so much death. Maybe we should start calling you the "baby killer lovers".

PS Before someone says b-b-but Russia does it too, yes every country does but the US has an exceptional role in it.
edit on 8-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I knew I was always one step ahead of the other kids who revelled in their silly gamesa reply to: BornAgainAlien

edit on 8-3-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

These guys know how to deal with it (I thought you liked it seeing your avatar).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join