It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to you, ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

So are all muslims responsible for the atrocities committed by ISIS and Boko Harem in the name of Islam?

I would say no.

Just as all Christians aren't responsible for the atrocities that took place in the Crusades in the name of Christianity.

If you have a problem with Christianity, at least make it a legit one. Mindless bashing against stuff is precisely what I think the OP was talking about. Its nothing but hate for the sake of hating.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The bashing of religion is just one lane.

The overall tone of this site has swung left. Look around ... look around.

The site is still overwhelmingly right wing. Anti-UN, threads about them taking our guns, etc etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

I agree with what you are saying. Christianity seems to be attacked left and right instead of seeing the people as individuals, the Holy crusades were started why evil men that used the Bible as justification, just as current wars are started by evil men with terrorism as justification. It's the individuals that need to be seen and tried for their actions, there's plenty of bad and good people from atheism, to Muslim, to Buddhism and Christianity.

That being said I have been guilty of labeling entire groups. I even recently started a threat calling Democrats jerks because of how many different websites I see them being them.. I had to back track a whole lot in my thread to explain I don't believe it actually applies to the group, just to loud individuals - which exist in every group you can think of.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Why are gun rights a partisan issue? It's in our Constitution. It shouldn't need to be promoted by anyone and it shouldn't be fought against either.... That's the point of the Constitution. Gives us rights that should never be denied.

Plus being educated is on our side, stricter gun laws raises gun crime.

I'm not sure what you mean by right wing. There's been recent shifts where more and more people accept gays, more and more accept Marijuana, among other things. Extreme conservatism is most prominent on TV, and mostly only expressed by politicians.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Honestly just shut up already.... Poor christians this, poor christians that..christians can't discriminate against gays in their bakery boo hoo, christians can't force their religion on people boo hoo, christians can't stop gay people staying in their B&B/Motel... christians can't hate people without feeling the full force of the law any more, christians don't have free reign any more.... Waaaaa Waaaaa

It's boring.

Christians are the LEAST picked on group out there...

This is a conspiracy site (or used to be) and THE biggest conspiracy is the BS control and brainwashing of religion...the nonsense rules and judging and persecuting of people because they are gay, want an abortion or whatever else.

All christians are doing constantly on this site these days is WHINING.... about everything.

Just stop.

There are much bigger problems in the world right now than you guys not being the centre of attention or having everything your way... grow up.

edit on 8/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I wish I could use that whole post for my sig

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

So are all muslims responsible for the atrocities committed by ISIS and Boko Harem in the name of Islam?

I would say no.

Just as all Christians aren't responsible for the atrocities that took place in the Crusades in the name of Christianity.

If you have a problem with Christianity, at least make it a legit one. Mindless bashing against stuff is precisely what I think the OP was talking about. Its nothing but hate for the sake of hating.

You didn't thoroughly read or understand my post.
I did thoroughly read and understand the OP's post.

Kev

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: blupblup

I wish I could use that whole post for my sig

LOL

Cheers mate

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
I'm curious as to what members that take the time and effort to attack Christianity, actually get out of doing so. Is it the thrill of antagonizing others? Is it the need to make yourself feel that you've indeed made the correct choices in your own lives?
Do you walk down the street on a daily basis, pointing out others, and demeaning them for thinking differently than you?

Yes, to all of the above. Obviously

originally posted by: EternalSolace

...and letting them come to grips with what the Bible says for themselves.

That's what turns people off to Christianity.

Actually, what turns people off of Christianity is the fact you think they need to come to grips with what a book written by men over 1000 years ago says about a world where technology didn't exist.

edit on 10-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I wish you would start more threads )/:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of my favorite threads of all time!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Criticizing, rejecting, and otherwise debating theology does not imply "bashing."

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What I have found to be True in My 52, almost 53 yrs on this planet is that when someone bashes someone else, for whatever the topic is, the basher needs to do so in order to help themselves cover their own inadequacies. They feel better about themselves after tearing someone else down! It is an EGO thing.
We do need an adequate view of ourselves in order to keep moving forward. However, there are better ways to achieve this, without ripping someone a new one! Just My Thoughts here.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Hey thanx for that post! I went to that Thread you mentioned and found it to be a Truly Shining Gem in the Rough!! Fantastic!!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have to agree, the atmosphere on ATS over the past few years has become toxic.

Sometimes it feels like you just cannot make a comment, especially when it comes to religious topics, without someone attempting to shut you down or bait you into an argument. Ironically, it appears like the Atheist crowd is the least tolerant when it comes to free speech.
edit on 10-3-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Why are gun rights a partisan issue? It's in our Constitution. It shouldn't need to be promoted by anyone and it shouldn't be fought against either.... That's the point of the Constitution. Gives us rights that should never be denied.

Plus being educated is on our side, stricter gun laws raises gun crime.

I'm not sure what you mean by right wing. There's been recent shifts where more and more people accept gays, more and more accept Marijuana, among other things. Extreme conservatism is most prominent on TV, and mostly only expressed by politicians.

It's the tenor of the posts. I am not anti-conservative, nor do I think liberals are always correct. I lean left, however.

No, there quite simply is no peer-reviewed study saying that gun laws lead to increased crime, period. I invite you to post them if so.

I don't have a problem with conservative posts, and some are great.

But when people start talking about "all Muslims," or crying about the fallacious "Christian persecution" here or in the West, or start saying "every last mass murder by guns is a psyop to 'take ur guns!," then it does error into the realm of ridiculousness.

I would argue off the cuff that ATS is 70/30 when it comes to conservative/liberal. Do not mistake me that I fall into the trap of Republican/Democrat dichotomies. I mean true mindsets and beliefs.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I wish you would start more threads )/:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of my favorite threads of all time!

Thanks.

I don't start many threads because my
brain doesn't work like many others...
for I'm not especially human - centric
and I've studied human history and
human behavior as an outsider.

So I can write a pretty definitive thread
but others who have not studied human
history and behavior as an outsider
often respond with mind-numbing
drivel. I don't enjoy drivel. So I have little
or no motivation to start posts.

Now some subjects such as the grotesque
monstrosity which has led to the
destruction of hope for human beings
and the innocent little animals (the fraudulent religion of post fall Rome) get me to speak
up on occasion; but its pretty much
pointless to expect logic or ethical
comprehension out of brains destroyed
due to the ancient, barbaric meme
infestation of doom.

Kev
edit on 11-3-2015 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

There does seem to be an increase, but it isn't really a surprise. We are told in the Bible that we will be hated for His sake, after all. I honestly believe that's what a lot of this is. Can't be helped, though I agree that Christians should do all they can to refrain from reciprocating in time. I haven't read any of the responses yet, but I'd get good money there are pages of negative comments. These days, you can't even discuss origins without having your faith attacked. Insecurity, maybe?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
I think you are absolutely correct. Their own god clearly states "judge not lest ye be judged "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you." Yet many christians seem to want to push their beliefs onto others, and act like you are not as good as them because you dont believe what they do. Part of having a good discussion is being able to see both views of something.

There is another point of view on that point. I could explain, but it's been done so well here, I am sharing the kink instead. Should Christians Judle?

Food for thought, to someone who posts intelligently.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join