It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Locked Down After Alert From Bomb-Sniffing Dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

WASHINGTON — The White House was put under a security lockdown Saturday morning by the Secret Service after a bomb-sniffing dog alerted its handlers to examine a car not far from the presidential residence and offices, a spokesman for the agency said.

Members of the press working in the briefing room, which sits between the White House residence and the West Wing, were locked in the building after hearing a loud noise. The incident was reported by David McCumber of Hearst Newspapers, who is the on-duty pool reporter at the White House.

”As pool and other press gathered outside near the South Lawn for the departure of President Obama and the First Family on the way to Selma, Ala., for a historic 50th anniversary march, a loud noise was hea

White House Locked Down After Alert From Bomb-Sniffing Dog

Just saw this! Is Obama in a "sniper's eye" again, or is this just another false alert?
edit on 7-3-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The dog is hard of hearing. They told him to sniff bombs not bones.

I can't see any bombs getting into the White house through their security myself.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Was just reading how the lock down was lifted from a large noise "bang" right before family got on a helicopter , so now it is a new lock down? www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

So... what was the loud noise?
Someone farted in front of a hot dog cart and it caught fire?
Trying to think of a connection between sniffer dog and loud noise preceding lockdown.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
edit button not working appears it is same story but title is on the dog, .........It has been lifted

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Glad to hear this was nothing dangerous.

I hope the president's security is on highest alert today as he heads to Selma. I've been thinking about that today. Unfortunately, there are some people in this country who would just LOVE to make a statement about his plans for the day...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Could this be some kind of training exercise. Because of the embarrassment of failing to stop that man entering the White House not so long ago. Keeping the Secret Service at the top of their game is always a priority.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Glad to hear this was nothing dangerous.

I hope the president's security is on highest alert today as he heads to Selma. I've been thinking about that today. Unfortunately, there are some people in this country who would just LOVE to make a statement about his plans for the day...

^This^.
A coworker mentioned to me yesterday that they were surprised that an attempt on his life has not been made already.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I agree. There are a few people I know who's vocal about what they would like to see happen to the Prez , very raist, very Obama messed this country up so much its all commie now , sad part they are family members

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gosh this stuff drives me crazy. My grand daughter is going there on a school trip on the 27th of March. I am going to be beside myself the whole time.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, since the lockdown is done, let us hope that the Secret Service was being overzealous... IOW, doing their job, and it was nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thank goodness.
a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think it's probable that security is incredibly tight today, and given that there have been some very dangerous and humiliating lapses in security over the last year it's logical they would be on the ball.

Seems to me that it was nothing, but the security services acted with reasonable response given the circumstances.

I would imagine that if a bee buzzed too close to Obama today someone would annihilate it within seconds.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pebujesa

I agree. There are a few people I know who's vocal about what they would like to see happen to the Prez , very raist, very Obama messed this country up so much its all commie now , sad part they are family members

Which is perhaps more justification for US agencies suggesting that home grown extremism from the right is more of a threat than ISIS.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I thought that noise might have been a sinkhole that opened up and swallowed Obama, but then I am sure it would have spit him right back up after getting a taste of a felon and a traitor.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Paranoia at its best haha..

The dog can be trained, but it also can hear and sense more then humans. A lot of things could alert a dog, not just a bomb

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Anything could get through to The White House. Probably even a bomb. Wouldnt doubt it. We have had drones, streakers and hell even a small plane crashed into it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pebujesa

You know you can dislike the posistion and not the man without race even coming into it right? personally i do not discriminate. i d liek to see all of DC reach 10 million degrees in 30 seconds to water the tree of liberty once again.

ALso according to SCIENCE race is a man made thing. biological race dont actually exist. Were all humans. time to start acting like it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The following post contains trace amounts of reason, reader discretion is advised.

Politics aside - if such a thing is humanly possible when it comes to any mention of President Obama, the security services will take measures to safeguard his protection even if after the fact those measures were seen as unnecessary. This is due in part to the adage, better safe than sorry, especially when suspected threat is in geographic proximity to the White House.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join