It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality T.V. when will the madness end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Allright people, I dont engage much in the thread making side of things but sometimes like the great W.Axl Rose said, you just have to " let some aggression out and make them pull the faders back".
Now I was cruising through You Tube and i came accross A trailor, whether it was fate or not i cant say, so thinking it was a clip for a movie i thought, dont mind if i do.
Well the 1:06 second mental assault on my concious, subconcious, intellectual integritity (what its worth) was horrirfying, at the end i felt an urge to remove my brain and scrub it in bleach. but like all humans, or most, I had to take another look at the wreckage to understand what i had just witnessed and try to process and analyse the information.
ATS members and lurkers i give to you Outlaw country: bad blood. the "Docudrama" is it real? is it scripted? the fans cant seem to make up their mind, but will fight about it tooth and nail on the forums.
It has HD drone pan shots of car chases, take downs, no knock warrants with battering rams (with the camera on the inside and out) bar fights, screaming skanks, lots of hot babes and of course GUUUNNNNNSSS.
So of course my thread is totaly unbiased, but i will leave it to you, the ATS members to decide and put it to bed.
real or scripted.
trailor.

20 minute special:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Reality T.V. when will the madness end?

After a word from our sponsors.

All reality TV is in some way fiction. Looks awful.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Who cares it's t.v. get rid of the thing . Why would you willing allow your brain to be rotted by watching that garbage box . Stop complaining gwhats on t.v. and ........
edit on 7/3/15 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

One of the reasons I don't watch TV anymore, reality TV. It sucks. It's a cheap way for con men to make money by "entertaining" people (or just using up their time to sell advertising space) with their own crap. Modified a bit of course, but still their own crap. In another sense (or senseless if you like) there is the celebrity idolatry worship, burned out ex-actors and people famous for being famous like those idiot kardashians, what a sad bunch of tools they are to sell out that way. You have to wonder that as a society have we become that lame? Welcome to hell.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Looks about as real as Lizard Lick Towing.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
After viewing as much as i could bare, then reading some comments, it really paints a picture that a cross section of communities where this kind of entertainment has taken hold are having trouble distinguishing fiction from non fiction, reality from unreality.
But as the marketing for these kinds of shows sells them as the real deal, it is no wonder the average person cannot distiguish where the line in the sand is now, this opens up a realm of possibilities in itself. one has to wonder if this was not the end game all along, remember it all started way back with the truman show.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

If you watch any of it, don't blame elsewhere but your couch position.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The thread isnt about me watching it per se, but more the over all trending effect on society itself and its incompetence to tell the difference between real and not real.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
Who cares it's t.v. get rid of the thing . Why would you willing allow your brain to be rotted by watching that garbage box . Stop complaining gwhats on t.v. and ........

......they said while eyes firmly attached to their phone/computer screen.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Friend...its not going away. It gives society a way of deducing that their own lives are not that bad....or worse.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"Reality TV" is anything but. The slack-jawed masses will continue to chuckle over this crap so it will continue to poison their psyches. Sad but true.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think it's a side effect of the fragmentation of cable.

There are so many channels and the audiences are so fragmented that it's easier to just film crap happening and chop it up than it is to try to create a scripted show. They can't make enough on the lower audience levels to justify the expense of scripted TV.

So we'll keep seeing reality TV until cable figures out how to really give people what they want and let us package a la carte. At that point, a lot of the fluff channels will die, and the shows that are really worth it will find homes an survive and hopefully we'll see quality get rewarded again.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I will watch a movie once in a while...but those I rent from the library...and they are free.

As for watching a lot of TV...my way thinking is...why watch other people living their lives...it's healthier to go out and live my own life...and try new and interesting things.

top topics

join