It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do christians overlook the biggest deception in the bible?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Money is slavery by dark forces (mammon) and greed-possessed humans for control and power over others.

So sad that what God and Nature gives for free , humans want to put a price on for control while all the other creatures live free of money.

The reason why it is so hard for the rich to enter the kingdom of heaven is because the allure of wealth is seductive. It is hard not to put that desire on a pedestal in your heart. Notice that Christ did not demand every one of the rich disciples in his entourage to give up all their worldly possessions. That was likely because He knew they were willing to do so to follow Him. That was how important their worldly goods were to them. Their hearts were in the right place. They knew the old axiom - You can't take it with you.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

She received Abel

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I agree we should not be in debt. A loan does not constitute debt though. I have a loan for my house, my house is worth far more than the loan, therefore I have no debt.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I couldn't find in your OP the deception in the Bible that your thread title suggests. The Bible makes it pretty clear what the love of money and materalism leads to and what it has caused in the past.

From Ezekiel 28:11-18
“‘You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: carnelian, chrysolite and emerald, topaz, onyx and jasper, lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you. Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones. Your heart became proud on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries."

"For the love of money is the root of all evil" -1 Timothy 6:10

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money." -Matthew 6:24

Over and over again throughout the scriptures this is clearly laid out. I'm not sure what deception you are referring to. If there is deception on this issue, it is with how men teach the scriptures to fit their own philosophies. Usually using complex mental gymnastics to attempt to reach a point, instead of allowing the scriptures to speak for themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: The_Phantom

In the OP, he was referring to the 'serpents seed' controversy. He's saying that Eve sinned before she ate the forbidden fruit by striking a deal (taking out a loan) with the serpent in order to have Abel. So in essence, Eve eats the fruit and the serpent mates with eve to create Able. He's basicly claiming that a loan was the original sin.

Which I think I made the case against in my post on the first page.

The OP was never about money and nearly everyone missed the point of the OP.
edit on 3/8/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

In the OP, he was referring to the 'serpents seed' controversy. He's saying that Eve sinned before she ate the forbidden fruit by striking a deal (taking out a loan) with the serpent in order to have Abel. So in essence, Eve eats the fruit and the serpent mates with eve to create Able. He's basicly claiming that a loan was the original sin.

Which I think I made the case against in my post on the first page.

The OP was never about money and nearly everyone missed the point of the OP.

Oh, I see, the entire argument then is based on changing the story to fit the meanings of the words. Instead of allowing the story that was told to explain why the words were used.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Exactly. Every paragraph after the first two was to lend support to the claim that the serpent is a lender. That lead people to believe that he was making a claim about money.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Very interesting point with the bible, loans and Canaan. I agree with all being said, even though I cannot verify the events from the past - but it makes sense. And fact is, money is here all over us now, destroying our world and society. With money came the decline.
edit on 8-3-2015 by anotherdaytoday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: Unity_99biblehub.com...

Thank you. Because went through pages of definitions and there it is, that simple and yet "hidden". I'd already starred and flagged your thread because it was good and fitted into what I believe, but then worried that unless could find that definition, wouldn't be able to share this info with anyone else.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You should make videos, and make pdf for kindle and also for Scribd. Think its time to crack this wide open. The real serpent is a creditor/banker. People need to wake up and go within for their real spiritual and psi natures.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Trust me this is just scratching the surface I'm going to learn Hebrew to decipher more there is so many layers to the bible to uncover unless your very adapt to Hebrew numerology and geramatria it's hard to figure out

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I honestly shouldn't have put it in the first place very controversial and only hardcore orthodox Jews and Gnostics really believe it. I was more tip toeing into it by saying cain's soul was the price so the devil used him to commit murder.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros

Is Money going to matter 300 years from when science is so advanced everything we need would be in abundance. If you say no then why does it matter now?.

I read your wall of text =)

Everything you said describes what I call the False Authority.

There are many False Authorities in the world, but they
all seem to fall into two categories: Money and Morality.

The State/Gov/King creates Money
The Church/Religion creates Morality

These two forces work in tandem to control us all.

The problem is we value the valueless. The question
is when will humanity repent of inhumanity toward
his fellow man?

The first step is to see the False Authority
for what it is, and then reject it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Thank you! And I know I really didn't know how to structure but thanks for your input. False authority is the basis of the Rothschilds power I don't remember his name but the one that caused gold to collapse in Victorian England during the English-French war said something to that sentiment. He said if we appear as authority and power we will recieve it without a problem.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: BlueMule

Yeah OP can you slip the wall of text up...can't read it.

edit on 8-3-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Why must the debt be material and not spiritual.
Apart from the dollar sign (and thats a US symbol) I dont see debt referring to cash, money greed.

The debt could and would be more logically sin.
The seven times statement could be representative of "Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter" not what was implied at all

Adam and Eve broke the rules, the law and now must face justice. The debt is not material its spiritual, they have to face justice.

The opening post is about blaming others for our own personal mess we have created.
This thread is about not accepting responsibility for our own actions, blaming bankers.

The knowledge is not hidden, its in front of your noses, you just dig too deep.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Exactly! It is nothing material being spoke of when it
is said that," The love of money, is the root of all evil'.
Money is not the sin, but the love of money is certainly.
People love money more than God. Many people idolize
the dollar bill.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Money is stored labor. Labor is part of human life. To devalue money is to debase life.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Did you read the part about how this system promotes stagnancy?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I thought about this "love money more than god" a bit. Money solely promotes serving the Ego. But isn't it that we are all gods by ourselves? Spiritualists and the bible say so. So if the "big" god in the universe has the right to claim, we have this right too. If the "big god" gives or takes, then so can we. Because we are gods ourselves.

So we have 8 billion gods in our world, who conflict with each other. Who want to give or take what they want, because they are all gods.

From this aspect humanity can't live together, only apart from each other. That's where we are at now. We live apart from each other mentally, but not physically. Cities are bursting from overpopulation and yet we have nothing in common with people standing 1meter next to us.

We obviously need a change of the mindset "to make it work". But money is certainly not the way to do it. We can only live together if most of the work is done for the community, and not for the Ego. But how to achieve that at this point? I don't know... maybe everything should be destroyed and then started from the beginning.
edit on 9-3-2015 by anotherdaytoday because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join