It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it against T and C to share facebook with an ATS friend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I noticed in T and C i reskimmed over that Advertising might encompass all forms of outside websites ect ad advertising.

Is linking any site from the msging tab in general a punishable offence?

Because the way it's worded it sure sounds like it. I know for a fact that TAN can read my private messages.
Since i'd prefer to be safe than sorry. I'd rather not lose this account.

Am i allowed to give my ATS friend my facebook name to find me on there? Or is that Advertising?

Also. I honestly think the messaging system needs to be revamped with notifications at least.

Sometimes i don't check my messages for months at a time, forgetting i even had an inbox to begine with.
I don't think private messaging is something ATS is focusing on tho, so is there any chance that is getting revamped or updated?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
There is notification of messages, it's just really subtle. The envelope icon turns a solid, instead of just an outline.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

i don't think its working, or maybe it takes some time to work but the icon looks the same to me. It's a greyed in letter icon, I just clicked on the remainder of the msgs that were high-lighted but it's still the same icon i believe.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Yes, of course you are.

TAN will only read PM's if you've alerted us to PM abuse. Only Owners have that ability as well.

In short, the advertising clause is meant for spammers who want to use ATS to drive clicks to their own content or websites. It doesn't actually apply to members who are wanting to get more people to come to ATS.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
you mean when i open the msging tab physically itself?

The letter isn't greyed in if i physically click on the letter tab after clicking the arrow at the top there that shows all the tabs with the letter itself. I'm saying when i click the little arrow. The physical mail icon on the far left SHOULD have number notifications on it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

cool thanks, i kinda figured that.

So its a kinda * Do as you risk* type of deal. Like i could share my facebook with one friend but all it takes is that one instance right there to have just clause to account termination.

Tho on that perspective. I guess an account could be terminated just because said individual wants it terminated xD

Thanks for the Info 10thpower. Ur always good for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

yeah the icon on the top near the magnifying glass should be solid if you get a message. No number unfortunately. And I am not sure if it works for just thread replies.
edit on Sat, 07 Mar 2015 07:48:41 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I didnt notice any difference with that test u2u you sent me.

Maybe if i read through all the thread replies it would make that little icon at the corner outlined instead of greyed in right? Is what what you are saying?
edit on am30000003115Sat, 07 Mar 2015 07:51:50 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Nah, the clause isn't nearly as bad as it's read out to be.

Basically, as long as you provide a link to the content you share ( if it originates from ATS), then we will NEVER have a problem. You own ALL the content you post on ATS. The only thing is, we do too. All we ask is proper attribution and that's it.

You are free to spread ATS content as far and as wide as you'd like and invite as many people as you'd like ( or can!) to ATS.

We will never, ever consider that a T&C infraction.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

cool
il try my best captain. Thanks very much. And yeah i was just emphsizing worst case scenarios.

Because i am a worst case scenario type of guy xD

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

yeah the icon on the top near the magnifying glass should be solid if you get a message. No number unfortunately. And I am not sure if it works for just thread replies.

Thanks for that tidbit, I did not know that.

Only took me 7 years, lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I just thought of something, are you using the light or dark skin on the website? I use dark skin, I have no idea what happens to notify you on the light skin.

Usually the icon goes to an outline once I even open the inbox.
edit on Sat, 07 Mar 2015 07:57:31 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I was hoping members on this site would make use of this information

ANd im glad it's served one of its purposes.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Using the black skin, it's easier on my eyes.

I'm one of those types of people who squints at streetlights and car headlights, I don't drive tho (Thank god or i'd be blind like the majority LOL sorry guys )

The white would literally bleach my eyes. my eyes are really sensitive to light. But again, pretty much everyones are. I also have the brightness on my laptop cranked to the lowest setting.
edit on am3u3115Sat, 07 Mar 2015 08:08:37 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
But exposing 300,000 ATS members to your fb page..could bury you and your fb with tons of unwanted info, spam, phishers and viruses and malware.....unless you're speaking of just sending a private u2u

new topics

top topics

join