It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch prime minister: It is better if Dutch Jihadis die instead of returning to the Netherlands.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Mister_Bit

IS have a good propaganda machine, I know because I'm reading their own publications and I've watched their promo vids. To become 'radicalised' is to have your information reduced to such a degree that your decisions are made for you.

Anyone who's been radicalised enough to up sticks and head for Syria isn't fully informed. Some of them go there with eyes wide open and others are naive and brainwashed.

The supposed ideals of western, secular society should offer cautious forgiveness when the naive want to come back. Like I said, those who get blood on their hands should find the borders closed so my argument isn't 'totally' different to yours. You can make it black and white all day long whilst we're in a *mostly* free society.

There were "open days" at my college for various Islamic publications. These would merge science with quotes from the Koran about how the world was created, then slide along to fighting evil and non-believers.

For people who have fought against terrorism, the belief is "The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist". Then you have the bleeding heart liberals who think that we shouldn't go around killing people but invite them for dinner for evening conversation and hope to convert them back to Western civilization.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It makes me wonder why our government try and stop people from flying out to join ISIS, like the young girls from Scotland who recently went over. # them, idiots they are. I don't care how colourful the picture was painted for them - They see # on the news as to what ISIS are doing, yet they still go over. # them, let them die over there.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Aye and it's a murky old business too. The Dabiq publication mixes apocalyptic beliefs with HD pictures of young jihadis in attractive locations. Throughout the articles you see themes of reasoned intolerance and hatred for everyone not associated with the New Caliphate. They've got high production values and represent classical propaganda.

On our side, we've propagandised the term 'terrorist' into something that applies to anything. 'The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist' applies to guys posting joke bomb threats on Twitter. It applies to air passengers in the eyes of the TSA. UK police have used anti-terrorism laws to eavesdrop on the communications of journalists. I don't need to add more examples do I? These abuses of the term are well-reported.

The point is that we have to be careful who we identify as terrorists before rushing to have them killed. Gitmo could be a poster for Islamic State recruitment - dozens held without evidence on the accusation alone that they were terrorists/unlawful combatants.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: DeusImperator

If I were Dutch, Rutte would have my vote.

However, I don't really think they'll be going back to the Netherlands anyway. They'll come to America where they can get amnesty and a citizenship and try blow something up here. Hopefully they will find their end before they make it back to the Netherlands or anywhere else.

No you won`t...

He`s just trying to get votes for the upcoming elections, same old sleazy political crap which they always pull...they will say anything to get votes, he`s just as big of a wanker as Blair, Bush, Harper, Abbott, Obama, Clinton, etc.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
They should be banished on pain of death on return. Thats how most of us feel.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
since the dutsch gov. financed isis aka rebels of syria...
the prime minister could have better said that he made an mistake to follow the us idioligy...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I agree with him, it is better if they die there.

These are sick and twisted wastes of skin who would murder people in the name of their cult, no sane person would want these freaks returning home to continue their warped activities.

I don't understand why other parties there would disagree with the simple statement that it would be better, of course it would be better.

Why would anyone have any sympathy with a cold blooded murderer?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Airdrop them in cages over the Atlantic ocean if they attempt to come back. A jail cell or even solitary confinement won't do enough justice to these scumbags. They need to be put down so let them drown.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The Prime Minister is certain that the majority of Dutch people agree with him. “Because what do these people who travel to Syria and Iraq do? They go there to commit the most horrible attacks, to learn how to build bombs, how to take away a lot of lives. Then they come pack to commit those attacks in our society.” Rutte stated that he would prefer to stop jihadists traveling to those countries, but if he had to choose, he would rather they die there.

They have been arresting anyone they only suspect of having plans to go fight in Syria. Why not let them go and strip them of their citizenship instead of creating domestic terrorists.

I don't symphatize with their ideology but I hear they are being treated quite barbarically with daily cavity searches and stuff in a Dutch prison.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Revoke their passports. Then, regardless whether they die or not they won't be coming back. It is nice to finally see a politician who isn't spineless, actually say what he believes instead of crumbling to political correctness.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

'Why/how did the other Nederlandse party leaders disagree, If I may ask?'

They say it is unworthy of a prime minister to make such an statement, it is never good to want people to be dead, that it is painfull for the families that have children fighting as jihadis, that it is better if they face trial.

regular toothless stuff...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

When did the Dutch goverment financed rebels in Syria?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

pretty much going down

and on topic reply...

I can't find much about Jihadi's being arrested. Since the Paris attacks the mood on this subject is starting to change here in the Netherlands.
edit on 17122015 by meiosismb because: adding text

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
To start with, the Rutte cabinet of The Netherlands could start by stopping their funds destined to jihadis in the middle east and Nazis all across Europe starting from Ukraine! Mark Rutte is a member of secret EUroGestapo, together with Angela Merkel.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Prime Minister Mark Rutte thinks it is better if Dutch jihadists who traveled to join the fight in Syria and Iraq die there instead of returning to the Netherlands.

A truly original thought from an European politician. Sadly he is in the minority.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Don't think too many people in Europe would disagree with him either.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The question for Mark Rutte is : Why is your government and the Intelligence MIVD/AIVD funding and supporting jihadis in Syria and elsewhere ?

Does this have anything to do with an EU plan to invade and destroy Israel ?
edit on 17-11-2018 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

So the EU is now invading India and also Israel?? Does the institute you're in know you're out of your cell?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The people of these countries should know that when there was that evacuation of these white helmet clowns that was a lie. They only evacuated
The top commanders of these terroist groups isis ect. They have already been moved back to countries like Holland & Uk secretly. So the next
The west decides on overthrowing a countries government. These commanders can go in

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Regardless of what I think about Rutte, or politicians in general for that matter, this dutchman agrees wholeheartedly!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join