It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch prime minister: It is better if Dutch Jihadis die instead of returning to the Netherlands.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
'Prime Minister Mark Rutte thinks it is better if Dutch jihadists who traveled to join the fight in Syria and Iraq die there instead of returning to the Netherlands. He said this in the RTL election debate last night. This statement met opposition from ALL the other party leaders involved in the debate. The Prime Minister is certain that the majority of Dutch people agree with him. “Because what do these people who travel to Syria and Iraq do? They go there to commit the most horrible attacks, to learn how to build bombs, how to take away a lot of lives. Then they come pack to commit those attacks in our society.” Rutte stated that he would prefer to stop jihadists traveling to those countries, but if he had to choose, he would rather they die there.'

full article here: www.nltimes.nl...

Eventhough the majority of political leaders are toothless, I also believe this is the main consensus among the Dutch people. I did not vote for this guy but i applaud him for the fact that he finally shows some balls.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DeusImperator

Yes finally, just before the election and when he knows his party is far down in the ratings.

edit on 7-3-2015 by LogJammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I would speculate that is the belief of most ''civilized'' societies also.

Who wants these back, walking their streets as though nothing happened?

It just goes to show me that there is some kind of agenda going on.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The jihadists are traitors to their country's.
I wouldn't even let them back in at all, they made their bed make em lie in it.
Oh and how is the Netherlands doing? I lived in Eindhoven in the year 2000...loved it and loved the Dutch.
edit on 7-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Who in their right mind would oppose the ideology of not wanting to welcome criminals back into the country they left in order to commit their crimes? Oh, wait... is his opposition depending on that voter demographic?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The jihadists are traitors to their country's.
I wouldn't even let them back in at all, they made their bed make em lie in it.

Exactly.

Fact is to join such a evil group means they are beyond rehabilitation.

They choose there evil life. Let them die in it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
best thing for em. no mercy for isis wannabes.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You can bet those 3 schoolgirls who ran away to join them are regreting it now.
I wouldn't even let them back in.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I agree, no forgiveness, no second chance. You made your coffin now lay in it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

They go there to commit the most horrible attacks, to learn how to build bombs, how to take away a lot of lives. Then they come pack to commit those attacks in our society.” Rutte stated that he would prefer to stop jihadists traveling to those countries, but if he had to choose, he would rather they die there.'

I am sure a lot of politicians feel the same way . But the fear of not being re elected always looms large . If only they could grasp the concept that most people think the same way they might make ballsy decisions .
edit on 7-3-2015 by hutch622 because: So superman said to the invisable man WTF .

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

There should be a fund for anyone wanting to go. Like a free airline ticket - One way

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I agree with your PM Rutte.

ISIS jihadists are far beyond repair.
If anyone disagrees, look up what the German journalist Jürgen Todenhöfer has to say about them.

There is no point in arguing with those people. 556 all of them.

This statement met opposition from all the other party leaders involved in the debate

Why/how did the other Nederlandse party leaders disagree, If I may ask?
edit on 7-3-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I'd draw a line between active Jihadis and those who wish they'd never gone there and don't turn to violence.

Those who go and commit atrocities aren't wanted in any society are they? What use would they be? Coming back to slaughter innocent people? Nah, they can stay out there.

We shouldn't forget that some run away to Syria and have their illusions shattered. They want to come back. Nor should we forget that some of the best Intel assets are these same people who were 'turned' by MI6 etc. This shows that wanting to be a Jihadi isn't a terminal illness and some can return to society.

In general, nope, most who go out there shouldn't be allowed back.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I'd draw a line between active Jihadis and those who wish they'd never gone there and don't turn to violence.

Those who go and commit atrocities aren't wanted in any society are they? What use would they be? Coming back to slaughter innocent people? Nah, they can stay out there.

We shouldn't forget that some run away to Syria and have their illusions shattered. They want to come back. Nor should we forget that some of the best Intel assets are these same people who were 'turned' by MI6 etc. This shows that wanting to be a Jihadi isn't a terminal illness and some can return to society.

In general, nope, most who go out there shouldn't be allowed back.

Disagree totally...

There cannot be many in this age of TV, Internet, 24 hour news, newspapers etc etc that doesn't know what ISIS stand for...

It's everywhere!!

How can anyone claim ignorance? That they didn't know what they stand for? Even if they didn't know ISIS... to think they could go to a war zone and it would be flowers and honey?

No sorry, they knew exactly what they were going to... maybe now they see the horror first hand it actually sinks in.

When they actually realise that there is a direct threat to their own lives instead of bullying and murdering innocents they lose nerve and come running back.

Well sorry, the door is closed and we've burnt the bridges.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Sound like a good p.m, i wish all so-called leaders would take this stance against wanna be terrorists, i spent a lot of time based out of holland, i love the place and the people, im not a big fan of the citys, once you get away from them you see the real holland. Good times and memories.
All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

There should be a fund for anyone wanting to go. Like a free airline ticket - One way

There is!

Call El Al.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I concur 100%
Im not sure theres even a question, if a person decides they want to be a part of whole sale slaughter of innocent people as well as selling them into sex slavery etc...what kind of free pass does that warrant?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

IS have a good propaganda machine, I know because I'm reading their own publications and I've watched their promo vids. To become 'radicalised' is to have your information reduced to such a degree that your decisions are made for you.

Anyone who's been radicalised enough to up sticks and head for Syria isn't fully informed. Some of them go there with eyes wide open and others are naive and brainwashed.

The supposed ideals of western, secular society should offer cautious forgiveness when the naive want to come back. Like I said, those who get blood on their hands should find the borders closed so my argument isn't 'totally' different to yours. You can make it black and white all day long whilst we're in a *mostly* free society.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

If I were Dutch, Rutte would have my vote.

However, I don't really think they'll be going back to the Netherlands anyway. They'll come to America where they can get amnesty and a citizenship and try blow something up here. Hopefully they will find their end before they make it back to the Netherlands or anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

There is!

I'm not sure

Call El Al.

But I'm not sure many of these Jihadis are going to want to go and live in the Zionist Entity. Funny idea though. If Bibi can convert them to Judaism it might be a runner

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join