It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any businesses or corporations you will not do business with out of principle?.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It goes the other way too. Why should laborers' membership in a union be compulsory?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It goes the other way too. Why should laborers' membership in a union be compulsory?

I agree, never been a union member in all my life even when under pressure to join.
I've absolutely considered myself as self-employed even when 'employed' wherever I've worked. I've negotiated my own higher rates of pay/benefits in secret with employers a few times in my life while others allow themselves to be ripped off. I don't need or want anyone to negotiate on my behalf and if the working conditions have not been right for me I walk, everytime.
I've been self employed for a few years now and sometimes do work (plastering) for a property developer who pays a daily rate instead of 'per job'. I know some lads are getting £30 a day less than me for the same work but I couldn't care less to be honest, it's up to them to negotiate their own deals instead of whinging to themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Walmart- it bothers me that the owners are billionaires but their workers are paid so little they are eligible for government benefits. So basically those of us who make enough to support ourselves without government aid are forced to also support, with our taxes, all the people who are paid extremely low wages so that their employers can become super-wealthy. I'm sure this applies to many corporations in addition to Walmart but from what I have heard, Walmart actively encourages its employees to apply for government aid.

Sal

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
STARBUCKS, what if it was named Johns Coffee, would it be so popular NO ! They put so much sugar in there too , its horrible for you. Yet people who think they are the girls from Sex in the City, or Friends apparently go there to pay more and to look cool. I ve been there once, it was good but loaded with sugar , I walked by one in Charleston S.C. the other day, I saw Samantha, Carrie and the pretty brunette in there, the red head was sitting alone with her laptop. A cool chick with headphones was being cool.As a coffee drinker I have always thought Starbucks was the best gimmick, but it does taste good, anything does loaded with sugar. There are always middle easterners hanging out front of the one in the mall, they must think its the cool thing too. Its not cool, its overpriced and unhealthy .
edit on 8-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine
Walmart bought out the 'Asda' chain of stores here in the UK, they offer 16 hour contracts and the like, targeted so employees can still claim 'in work' tax-credits/benefits.
I still don't care though, Asda is dirt cheap for some things so I shop there often...and nobody is forced to work there, it is a choice.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Bob Evans - tried it many times (different locations) and always poor service, cold food, and a complete lack of care by management when it did all go wrong

Geico Insurance - got married, and they said I needed to send them $30 to reassess the policy. Did so, and they cancelled me, even though my wife had a clean driving record. WTF?

Starbucks - that kind of money? for bitter coffee? No thanks.

Chik Fil A - because I only want it on Sunday for some reason.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Principles are overrated. Accept everything is broken & corrupt then wait for the sweet release of death.

I know, I know, literally 99.9% of the humans can't fathom actually having this viewpoint but look at the positives: I don't ever have to drive too far of my way just to get to the lesser of unlimited evils

edit on 10-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join