It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any businesses or corporations you will not do business with out of principle?.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Walmart

KFC

McD's

Many more but those are the top 3

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Apple. - Shoddy, over priced products, that break at a glance, then, even though you bought the full extended warranty [ $100 ] they claim covers everything, it still costs $50 to get a screen fixed. My wife has had 4 IPads on which the screen has cracked. They fixed each one and sent it back, only for it to crack again within a couple of weeks. Each time, it took forever, talking to some one on the phone to get it all straightened out and for them to agree to fix it. Again. I tried and tried to get her not to buy them and after dealing with their "customer service" so many times, she's finally seen the light.

WalMart. I buy 2 things at WalMart, ammo and fruit. The price of ammo is usually low and the fruit is always fresh.

StarBucks - It's just nasty, overpriced coffee.

I boycott stores as needed. If the service is not good or I get a crappy salesperson, I drop whatever I have on the spot and walk out. I left over $300 worth of groceries, that had already been run through the scanner and bagged, because the cashier bitched loudly and continuously about having to check me out before she could go on break. I put my card back in my wallet and said, "Well, now you get to put all this sh*t back too" and walked out.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I live near near Detroit Michigan, (motor city)

A common boycott in southeast Michigan is foreign automakers.

It's less about hatred of Hyundai or Subaru, and more about supporting the local economy and the last middle class jobs in America.

If you work at one of the Ford ,Chrysler, or GM assembly plants in southeast MI, you LITERALLY can not park your foreign car at the plant.

Most have separate lots requiring a longer walk...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

McDonalds
Nightclubs in general
Certain gentleman's outfitters which supply Freemasons with smart gear
Pound shops
ASDA (British arm of Walmart)
Online businesses of virtually every sort, save for those which sell tickets to events.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
REFUSAL:
Chase Bank
BP gasoline
Hooters
Burger King
Hyatt Hotels

RELUCTANCE:
and I try to avoid buying things that are not made in the Americas,

I also shop at thrift stores for the majority of my clothing.

K-Mart sucks
Walmart is no better
Target is marginal
Penney's also marginal

I frequent locally owned shops whenever possible.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I guess we all have business that we try to avoid out of principle, but money talks when you don't have a lot to spend.

Wal-Mart is the biggest for me, I avoid it as much as possible, due to it put a lot of Mom and Pop store out of business in the small town I live in, but from time to time I need to go in there and get a few things and see the wal-martins.

Target- ever since they came out and said they would not let the bell ringers ring there bells during the holidays, or the toy drive for the marines, if I recall their Corporate HQ is in Minneapolis but its a French owned company.

Menards (Home improvement Store), everything seems like its made in china, his logo is to save you money, sure does but things keep breaking and you need to go back and do it again and again, were is the savings.

US Government, I rather pay them a few hundred dollars at the end of the year, instead of them giving me a refund, I rather have my money during the year, and its less of my money they have.

Fast food joint, its not because as some say they are unhealthy, its just that the cost is outrageously high for something I can make at home, but from time to time I like a big mac, its a choice healthy or not.

State Farm Insurance, their prices have sky rocketed, and their agents are annoying, and don't listen, example I written the corporate HQ requesting a different agent, and asking why their month service charges on a life insurance policy had gone up, they sent me a statement and said to discuss with you agent, they never read a word of the letter. I dumped them.

Financial consultants, if they are not licensed I won't deal with them, they are just out for their own commission not really working for me.

When you really think about the original question are our decision based on how much we can really afford?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Nestles! And Shell gas, but that only works if there is a choice and sometimes there isn't, then its purchase under duress!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The design of the nazi uniforms was pretty outstanding, regardless of the scum that wore them. That general design is still used today in film to denote an evil empire. Think "Star Trek". That said...i am not a big fan of brand designers. Ralph Lauren is another outstanding example. I don't wear labels.

Wal Mart. One night i was up there shopping for some stuff (against my will...the wife needed stuff that you can't get at the regular grocers). They shut one set of doors at 11pm each night, which sucks because you have to walk the span of this monstrous store to get back to your car. This particular night, it was the day before my wifes consult with a surgeon about her knee actually. We were going to exit the building. It was 8:39pm on my phone, and they were locking the doors. I tried to explain my wifes knee issue to them, but it was kids stuck in management positions. I felt like a plebe begging to the Roman republic begging them to follow their own rules. Never again. Especially when complaints filed received no response.

There are a few local business folk i won't do business with. But i won't bother you with those.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I use Ebay a lot and like trying to buy used from regular joe schmoes if possible. I try to never get anything from over seas. And most of the time it's the cheapest from China or Japan. I just hope paypal never fails me.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Interesting thread ok here are mine.
1. Starbucks. I refuse to pay that kinda money for a cup of coffee.
2. McDonalds. My ex forces it down my sons throat and I have never taken him before. (then she tells me to stop taking him there)
3. Apple. Prices are outrageous for their products.
4. Abercrombie & Fitch. The catologues seem to exploit teens.
5. UPS. I was smoking a cigarette in my garage and the driver didnt know I was there and tossed the package like Tony Romo intentionally grounding.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Apple, I wouldn't be caught dead using anything they make.
There's a whole list of reasons why, but you know what got me started? About 10 years ago I did a cyber-school thing for a year, and the school sent me a computer to use. Now... Most computers had mice that had 2 buttons, and maybe a scroll wheel... But the computer the school sent me was an Apple computer. For some god-forsaken reason, this Apple computer came with a mouse that had only 1 button. 1. Not even a scroll wheel or a right-click button, just one single button. That meant that in order to have any sort of basic right-click functionality, I had to click the mouse while holding various key combinations on the keyboard. Apple was forcing people to do this instead of simply making a mouse with 2 f*ing buttons.
And you know what I realized? Any company that would do such a thing is run by a bunch of absolute idiots.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

ASDA also since they were bought by wallmart.

Oh and the Nazis...funny here.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
For political purposes, I generally don't boycott anything. As far as I'm concerned, real people work there and rely on those places for their jobs to try to drive those places out of business over an agenda hurts unrelated people in a petty way.

I tend not to shop at Wal-Mart because the experience usually sucks. I tend not to ever do traditional fast food because the food generally sucks.

The rest of the time, it's a race between who I feel will deliver the most quality for the least dollar.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

my biggest beefs with wal mart:

- parking lots are dangerously tight. couple that with nitwit rednecks who don't know how to drive/park to begin with, and you end up with your car beat all to hell
- i don't mind pajamas. but am all to happy to limit my exposure to pajamas while buying groceries. Especially stained pajamas
- every. single. cart. malfunctions. You can have one that makes loud rattling noises, or one that has a chunk of wheel missing, or maybe the one that has the front wheel that wiggles? The best, though, are the ones that have sticky stuff all over the handles.
- the employees typically look either inappropriately happy, or completely downtrodden and hating life. The service provided tends to range between the two extremes, but is most frequently on the "hating life" end of the spectrum
- i know for a fact that many products sold in wal mart are lesser quality varieties of products I buy, produced specifically for wal mart to maintain profitability while meeting the wal mart standards for offering the lowest price (quality be damned)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Although I do not boycott them all UK supermarkets treat there suppliers in a truly shocking fashion.

They are systematically putting smaller farms and suppliers out of business allowing super suppliers to gain a monopoly on the market.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Monsanto
All fast food joints
Electronic superstores

Monsanto because they are evil bastards,fast food because I'm a veggie,grain-free health freak and electronic superstores because they are robbers.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Monsanto and all of its evil cadre.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'll do business with the Devil if it's the right price, heck we probably all do that every day anyway with the scandal of mined rare Earth minerals in our devices.
McD's, KFC, Burger King, yep to all of them every now and then, I like a bit of dirt food if I've been working hard.
Apple? Don't care, always been a PC man and cheapest Android which does the same job.
If I started boycotting multi-nationals because of dodgy/immoral practices I'd probably have to walk everywhere, wearing a potato sack and only communicating face to face with people.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Buy as little products from America or Israel from my point of view so that the economic dollar system crashes as early as possible and real change can come. I like american citizens but I cannot support the insanity that US government and the insane Industrial Military Complex have become.

Thanks US government and allies for ISIS.
edit on 7-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Definitely Disney. I'm surprised no one has mentioned their little conglomerate of esoteric/occult mind programming combined with their seemingly overzealous need to oversexualize children. Frankly I feel quite ill knowing that most (if not all) of their "child performers" are monarch programmed beta alters. There are a lot of corporations that make me physically sick with some of the horrible, inhuman acts they perpetrate. Destroying the rain forests is a good place to start, thanks fast food. Big tobacco is another one, why do we allow corporations that subsist solely on the wholesale destruction of life? Another noteworthy abscess would be the pharmaceutical industrial complex, they addict and kill hundreds annually with their "cures".

Next on Sick Sad World!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join