It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico High School Votes To Have Communism Themed Prom.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The kids have spoken they voted for a communist prom.

The kids are having a laugh.
You can sure bet this will be crushed...bit ironic If it is eh?.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Communism theme? Are they going to make it look as a sweatshop and sit there for a couple of hours doing AKs and the ones that refuse to work are going to be send to Siberia?

It must be they think communism is all about the vodka, oh well a clear example of the failure of US education.

i think they may got their idea of communism from the lego movie theme song

edit on 7-3-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
In Soviet Russia, Prom dances you
heee, heee, heee

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Communism theme? Are they going to make it look as a sweatshop and sit there for a couple of hours doing AKs and the ones that refuse to work are going to be send to Siberia?

It must be they think communism is all about the vodka, oh well a clear example of the failure of US education.

They could do a US capitalist prom...they have to pick three people to dress up and the rest can come in rags.

They can get Mexican kids from over the border to cater to their needs for near slave wages yet denigrate them for being there at their request...
edit on 7-3-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

if you think communist is different... the only difference is only the Politburo members are the ones that dress well oh and eat, i would rather live any day in my current capitalist country as a hobo that in the communist one i left looking for a life

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: the owlbear

if you think communist is different... the only difference is only the Politburo members are the ones that dress well oh and eat, i would rather live any day in my current capitalist country as a hobo that in the communist one i left looking for a life

Sorry to touch a nerve. I respect you, Indigent. What country did you come from? To put it in perspective, I grew up dirt poor next to the reservation for a tribe that wasn't mine.
And my father bitched about Indians yet he married one and had sons that were mixed breeds.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Communism is no different than American wild west funny munny on a puter screen yahoo clickbait service oriented only jobs society that we have accepted by not reading the terms and conditions agreements.

In other words...people suck. Doesnt matter what "they" call their governmental system.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
There's nothing inherently wrong or evil about communism though.......sure it's been hijacked by maniacs but the system itself wasn't responsible.

Maybe the kids in question are receiving a superior education?......
edit on 7-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Maybe the kids in question are receiving a superior education?......

Do ya think?

Sounds like they haven't learned the definition of 'communism' if they believe it to be a suitable theme for a Prom.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I think they are how we brits say...taking the piss.
Lets see If they school allows it because If it doesn't well that is acting just like a communist regime isn't it.
I'm sure all the kids know what communism is.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Psynic

I'm sure all the kids know what communism is.

But they'll still arrive by limo.

I don't have your faith.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

A communist themed prom is the kind of decadent capitalism that the soviet stalwarts would frown upon.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

This is very interesting. I wish the news story would have spoken with some of the kids that supported the theme, to get their thoughts on it... I think it's a good idea for the principal to speak with them, to make sure they know all sides of the issue before they decide, but then I think they should allow it if it's what the kids vote on...

I agree with Prezbo. In fact, there's nothing inherently wrong about ANY form of government. The corruption comes in with the people who run it. As we all know, even a representative republic can be a shambles if the people at the top are corrupt.

As long as the kids are educated, I don't see a problem with this. And to even choose a communism theme indicates to me that they have some knowledge about different forms of government.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

No, all the money they were going to spend on dates and dresses and stuff is getting confiscated and pooled. Then, the prom committee will skim off enough to make sure they get really nice dates and dresses and stuff and arrive in limos. The rest of the money will be divided evenly and everyone will get the same size dresses and tuxes in the same two or three styles sewn by the home ec dept. ... if someone gets left out oh well, they should have gotten in line earlier.

The food will be whatever they can buy on sale at Sam's that week and conform fully with Michelle O's rules and no one will eat more than the calorie standard ... except for the Politburo who will eat swanky stuff at a separate table and as much as they want.

The Politburo will also rigorously police the dancing which will all be done to the school fight song played over and over again by the school band, none of whom will attend the prom because they will be required to serve and do so with pride!

Why does the Politburo get so much good stuff? because they were wise enough and smart enough and enlightened enough to engineer this just and fair prom in which everyone shared equally in the bounty Comrade!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
communism is an idea on its face it looks like equity for all but then its a government and ultimately in the end , the government is just another criminal enterprise. So we all have our stupid little flag and our religions all ending in "isms" and this keeps us seperate, creates fear and hatred where none should be and fosters discord in the human family. And how terrible it is that some high school kids chose the wrong "Ism"... Apparently they didn't attend the same indoctrination camp as you or I did. Its time to rid ourselves of all of the old programming.
edit on 7-3-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Hck da prgm

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

They must not have a large Old Soviet Bloc or Cuban immigrant population in that part of New Mexico. I'm not sure such a thing would last long in some of the high schools around this area. There are too many places that have roots in that era and remember too much about what their ancestors went through trying to flee for something like that to fly.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or maybe kids of today don't have any connection to the 60s........and they know the difference between communism and dictatorships?

Maybe they never saw the Patrick Swayze Red Dawn?

new topics

top topics

join