It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather after MPD officer shoots, kills 19-year-old black man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Seems like the police are polishing their story.

Koval said police were called about 6:30 p.m. Friday because the man was jumping into traffic. A second call to police said the man was "responsible for a battery," Koval said.

The officer went to an apartment where he thought the man had gone, and forced his way inside after hearing a disturbance. Koval said the officer was assaulted by the 19-year-old and then fired at him. Koval said he believes there was more than one shot fired.
news.yahoo.com...

There were 5 shots, five shots to the chest.

Time will tell, but there are a lot of unanswered questions here. Was the deceased the same man, really? Who's apartment was he in? What does the witness, the other person in the apartment have to say about this?

edit on 7-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
Since the level of ignorance displayed by ALL supporters of this killing is easily discerned by their overwhelming concurrence as to the lack of worthiness of a kid's right to live because of the survivor's statements, I need to ask...FIVE bullets in the chest? Broke into the apartment? No report of injuries to the cop? No warrant because he heard a disturbance? What disturbance was there that required immediate action since the kid was ALONE? No call for backup?

NO FIREARMS FOUND?

Do you know if the cop was black? Had he a past record of injudicious use of a firearm? Poor race relations?

It is repulsive to make statements concerning supporting a potential murder and murderer without some supporting evidence to allay our fears and allow accepting of this as a NEEDED action.
Being ignorant isn't a crime. Accepting your ignorance is a form of sanity. Trying to press buttons without support isn't and should not be allowed here or anywhere else.
I reject your much sullied OPINIONS.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
It seems like police are given a green light to use lethal force if they're simply assaulted. It doesn't matter if the person attacking them is unarmed.

Meanwhile in Philly yesterday a Cop was murdered by two waste of flesh thugs attempting to rob a video game store.

Is their just as much rage over that killing ? Are their going to be protests? Do #blacklives not matter as much in this case because it was a cop ?

www.philly.com...

Some segments of this story so all the cop haters can find some way to not blame the criminals...

"As his family, the department and the city mourned Wilson, 30, an eight-year veteran, a clearer picture emerged yesterday of the men who allegedly gunned him down inside a GameStop in North Philly: Carlton Hipps, 29, and his brother, Ramone Williams, 24, who lived together on Hollywood Street near Stiles in Brewerytown.

According to police, both men have criminal records. Williams has two prior arrests, both of which were juvenile cases and not public record, according to a spokesman from the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office."

"" 'Shorty, you know what time it is,' " Hipps said to Wilcox-Stukes as he pointed a gun in her face and demanded the store's cash.

and the typical BS stupid line....

"Wilcox-Stukes, who testified during the 2006 trial, said yesterday that one part about the trial sticks out to her more than any other now.
"His mother was saying he was such a good boy," she said. "But the judge said, 'How is he such a good boy holding this woman at gunpoint?' "

edit on 7-3-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Good catch, MI. Flag and star.
This one might have been a relatively loose cannon with some
self-destructive deal as well..

As paraphrased from the AP wire --
Per Chief Koval ,they were called about 6:30 p.m. Friday because
the man was jumping into traffic. A second call to police said the
man was "responsible for a battery," he said.

I guess if you go jaywalking or flashing traffic you get a 'stupid' painted on..
but if you assault a police officer even in your own apartment though, it's
best you settle your personal affairs first.
Madison is also approximately 7% black, if it makes any difference...

I feel it's also quite telling that the AP article says there were no other,
nonlethal subduction methods available to the responding officer. NO
taser, spray or nightstick, etc... and there were no firearms assumed or
found in Robinson's apartment. Looks like the go-to tool in Badger
Country now is the firestick and nothing else. Bad trend we're seeing..

EDIT:: now is my tail between my bow legs. It seems I flew off a handle
and said IN ERROR that firearms weren't assumed. There was nothing
in the dispatch that stated it, and therefore all suspects are assumed
armed and dangerous now. Being the guy was 6'5" I wonder if a tazer
would have slwed him up much anyway... apologies, to the OP and all.

edit on 7-3-2015 by derfreebie because: BENT tail feathers.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
The last sentence in the article you posted seems very telling, the mother asked that local officials not dehumanize her son. What I heard with that statement was please don't bring my son's criminal record into this incident, because he was a good boy that was about to leave for college, just like Michael Brown.

Or, perhaps she means in exactly the same way all other victims have been dehumanized.

Any criminal record is entirely irrelevant, and the fact that you bring this up shows the massive problem with American thinking.

Even if someone has a criminal record, it does not "justify" execution.

What part of this are people not getting? It doesn't matter if he had a criminal record, it does not matter if there's a mug shot, it does not matter what lifestyle he had that you disagree with! He was shot, he was unarmed, it was unjustifiable force and the fact that anyone thinks they can bring up someones history as some kind of excuse for them being killed is exactly why America is so massively f-ed up on this issue.

This cop had no idea about anyones history (and neither do you, as it happens) and yet people are already claiming that it's somehow okay to execute someone because they committed a crime once - even though you don't know this to actually be the case!

You are a perfect example of the dehumanizing of the victim, and this is even before you know anything more than his damn name!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So we can't rush to cast judgment on the cop but rushing to call the kid a no good waste of space street thug who was al capone is ok?

And Opeth why bring up the story that us unrelated? It was sad the cop died, and like I said in that thread, loss of life should NOT be celebrated.
Regardless of who's life it was.

The mom asked for her son to not be dehumanized cause as you can see, it happens very fast.

The cop forced his way into a home, pretty sure a majority on here calling this kid stupid would shoot some one that did that.
edit on thSat, 07 Mar 2015 12:53:41 -0600America/Chicago320154180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I found the full police scanner recording of the incident.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
Why does this always have to turn into a race issue when its not.
The young man who appears to have been killed by mistake, or not as the details are not ccompletely clear, was a person, a human being, not just another "black" shot by the PD.

Why do people always have to turn what is already tragic into a three ring "they shot him because hes black" circus.

Why you ask? Because...for a lot of people in the US, everything is all about race. They live their lives looking through the "race" lens.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
My Godson is mixed race, big guy with lots of muscle. He can slam dunk a basketball and hold onto the rim. He is a smart young man with an even temper. He is stopped by the PD when he is out running. He started wearing his ID from a lanyard around his neck outside his cloths so he does not have to reach into his pockets of his basketball shorts. He quit wearing a hoodie after Travon Martin. He has been profiled so much he is becoming very concerned for his life. He refuses to change his exercise habits of running from his house to a basketball court some 6 blocks away. He carries a backpack made from webbing so the contents can be seen when police approach him often with weapons upholstered or their hands on their weapons.

I have seen it first hand when it was getting dark and I drove over to the court to pick him up. He ran the last 100 yards or so and got in my car and we started driving the 5 blocks or so back to the house. A cop started following us too close but did not signal or anything. When I turned the corner into my street the cop followed. My house is the second house on the street. When I turned into my drive the cop flicked on his red and blues and shined his light on us as we started to exit the car. He had me get back in the car hands outside the window but he told my Godson to come out on the sidewalk hands in the air, commanded he get on the ground hands outstretched.

The cops frisked him, cuffed him and had him sit on the ground. Then they approached me and ask for mi DL. I complied and they ran me. Finding nothing on me they apologized and un-cuffed him and drove off.

This was the first time I had a first hand knowledge of something he faces just about every day. Running while black. It is the crappy truth. I am mixed race but not dark at all. I just never saw his world until that day. I worry for him all the time.

edit on 03pm2015-03-07T15:50:11-06:0003503America/Chicago50331 by machineintelligence because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

It is really important for media to say "white man killed black man" ?! Man killed man, we should all be sad.

The news media is good for making a story out of nothing...even the weather! Snowmageddon.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy1972
Racism in police is endemic just ask the old farts still in the game: wattsupwiththat.com...

Or please think it is not because we say it is not: www.theguardian.com...

I geuss it is who you happen to ask and who you believe: www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The audio sheds a bit more light on things.
The police were called because Tony Robinson assaulted someone.
The police knew his name before they arrived.
The police received a second call reporting that Tony Robinson was strangling someone in the specific apartment that the police entered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join