It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Is Closing Schools On Muslim Holidays for the First Time

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Outraged Christians incoming...

If we can shut down schools for Christian holidays then why not Muslim ones? I think this is a great idea and a step toward religious equality in America.

I'm sure ISIS will be brought up at some point to paint this as a bad idea. ISIS isn't Islam just like WBC isn't Christianity.

Yes because by a giant majority christian isn't this countries culture or basically all of it holidays.

I am not even religious, but seriously, I have had more than enough of the Muslim bs forced upon me and mine.

They are terrible people and a terrible culture , that demands women be relegated to property status, and condemns anyone that doesn't follow its idiotic teachings to death.

Muslim s suck in general.... Period.

I hope they all lose faith or die, which ever causes the least human suffering in the process.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So back to square one of who is not.

No sense restarting, we can agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Outraged Christians incoming...

If we can shut down schools for Christian holidays then why not Muslim ones?

What Christian Holidays are schools shut down for? Jewish ones?

In America Christmas isn't even a religious holiday for most, it is a family holiday to rejoice with friends and family.

I have never once attended a Christmas mass, but put up a tree buy presents and celebrate with my agnostic family.

It in modern america has nothing to do enmass with religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

While I don't like religion...I sure like people.
I live in a Muslim area in the UK and get along great with them.
Not once have I even talked about Islam with my neighbours it just doesn't come up, they are as British as me and love their kids as much as we all do.
Wishing a whole group of people death is disgusting.
Shame on you.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
From your motto
"Civilization will not attain perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest. Emile Zola."

Does this principle applies to mosques too ?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Like I said I don't like religion but like people.
I don't wish death on any religious like John does.
edit on 7-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I don't wish their death , but for perfection of civilization they better all lose faith.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

a reply to: abe froman

A lot of Christian holidays fall on Sundays when school is already out but kids get 3 weeks off around Christmas and it is even called "Christmas break" by most.

It's called winter break and spring break not Christmas or Easter break.

But why?
Because a couple Muslims might not like it in a croud if hundreds of millions?

I am agnostic, I am not religious, most of these folks are, and most are christian.

The minority can man up or stfu as far as I see it
Just because a small percent disagrees doesn't mean the majority shouldn't get to have their day.

The minority can suck it up and have their be on their own time.

Those few can have an exception that doesn't include every one else.

They are the outliers after all.

They choose to be outsiders, as such the mainstream doesn't have to nor should accommodate them.

Let them have those days off penalty free, but don't force a tiny minorities bs on everyone else.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Majority rule never works out.
What about the minority people of black, gay etc If we followed the majority many would not have rights...just the white christian folk in the USA.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

I don't wish their death , but for perfection of civilization they better all lose faith.

I would like that also but that goes for Christians, Muslims and any religion.
But lets face facts it aint gonna happen as long as parents continue to force their religion onto their kids.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: thesaneone
Yes, in the new America we must make everyone happy, while offending no one. Let's make up some scientology holidays to take off while we are at it. Some Voodoo days too. Church of Satan probably has a few. How about Raleians? How about a day off for Branch Davidians and Heaven's Gate?

Exactly!!!!!

The douchieness must end at some point, why not this one.

Otherwise kids get every day off because a couple of peeps from left field demand it.....where will it end?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Any day our children don't have to endure the state's authoritarian positivist brainwashing (sorry, "socialization") is a good day, in my humble opinion. I'd be tickled pink if it was closed for the whole of Ramadan.

Of course, it should be noted that if we simply ended compulsory education, this debate would not ever need occur. How people have managed to convince themselves that it's a good idea for the state to control the education of our children is completely bewildering to me. It's just a blatantly obvious bad idea.

Christian holidays. Muslim holidays. What difference does it really make to squabble about it? When the holiday is over, you're still sending your children back, under threat of force, to an institution designed to make them the best slaves they can be.

They've got you completely distracted and arguing about a problem they invented for that very purpose.

Best argument I have heard all year!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I don't have any issue with this.

I feel that secular schools are finally recognizing that freedom OF religion means that all should be allowed.

I would support any recognition and every holiday.

Hell, make the school year "year long" to accomidate everyone.

I'm cool with that.

Faith any faith, should be recognized.

Hell beez why shouldn't we make it 7/24/365....I mean even the flying spaghetti mobster and festivous deserve their day and time.

In fact I started a new religion that demands all drink beer daily, sorry but the drunk kids by religious statute must stay home, 365 days a year....I get a holiday too right?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"
If I had it my way no religious holidays would be recognized but as it is they are. "

Yea, it can get really tricky because what about closing for Jewish holidays or any other religion's holidays? And what is considered a 'real' religion as opposed to someone pretending to believe in The Flying Spaghetti Monster as an excuse to get days off? If a people says the have a personal relationship with God and God told them to not go to school that day should their religious belief be respected as a 'holiday' tpo?

Where is the line drawn is what I'm wondering...

Where ever my made up religious be demands.....duh!!!!!

(post by beezzer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

While I don't like religion...I sure like people.
I live in a Muslim area in the UK and get along great with them.
Not once have I even talked about Islam with my neighbours it just doesn't come up, they are as British as me and love their kids as much as we all do.
Wishing a whole group of people death is disgusting.
Shame on you.

I wished they would lose faith in their made up religion as well, and added, "which ever causes less human suffering".

Though we both know loss of faith in Islam is the only way less folks will obviously suffer , unless the islamists left kill them all for betraying Islam, as their religion demands.....

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: kitzik

Like I said I don't like religion but like people.
I don't wish death on any religious like John does.

I don't wish death, I only see 2 solutions.....

Iean honestly what others do you see.

No religious=rational
Religious=irrational

Which do you want to deal with honestly?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I hope they lose faith or die.

From you John sure sounds like one of your wishes is death to them..even If it is a humane death.
Don't try to backtrack now....

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Me ?

I'm for the religion of rationality

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
So schools have stopped with religious influences? There's going to be no more "separation of church and state" coming from certain quarters?

Okay.

Just as long as they recognize all religious holidays. Allow the 10 Commandments back where they have removed them. Allow prayer in school.

Then I'm cool with that.

No kidding ! We need to include the Buddhist holidays also. I Swear around here S.E. Asia they have some kind of Buddhist thingy going on at least every couple of months. Schools, banks, and bars get closed and the price of playing golf goes to holiday rates !

Better yet:

Forget public schools let do the religious school stuff and that way nothing would ever have to be closed ... Could do it on a rotational basis. One month at the local Mosque, then some type of temple, then a Church, then all will attend one day of MSM brain washing ! Keep them stupid so they do not ask questions about their government etc etc..

After all what is fair for the one religion should be fair for them all. I am actually glad they are starting this.. Bet the kids are too.

More holidays for everyone !!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join