It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could Move Anywhere In The USA Where Would It Be, And Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just curious...

If you could move anywhere in the USA, where would it be and why?

We are actually at a point in our lives that we could possibly do this. However, thinking about it and actually doing it are two different things...

I have a career that would allow me to find a good paying job just about anywhere in the US. Especially near any metro type area.

Where we live now is okay, I guess. But, there is so much I want to do and see here in this great country of ours. I have even thought about getting a small RV and traveling while working but I am not sure I could actually commit to that lifestyle for a long period.

There are no wrong answers here, btw...Just curious as to where people would relocate to and why they'd pick that area. I'm not so much into knowing WHY you'd want to relocate, if that make sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Really looking forward to replies, here.

I'm in the process of uprooting myself- I have only family ties to where I am, and could live anywhere and find decent work...

But I'd love to ditch work, buy land, and homestead. Started looking at the pacific northwest, TN, etc. Just can't stand the idea of being within a few hours of the deep south- Georgia/florida could sink into the swamp as far as I'm concerned, their state police system is way out of whack, and even in January it's too damn hot down there.
edit on 6-3-2015 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

If I could move anywhere in the US, it would be Kingsland, GA. I spent 2 years there and they were just wonderful. I loved the weather there and I found I am a Southern girl at heart. There's just something about the South that grabs you and makes you want to slow down and enjoy life. I did get to experience it a bit living at my sister's for 4 years in NC, but truthfully it made me miss GA more. LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I would stay right here in Colorado. The mile high city, the capitol of the NWO. Safe from coastal flooding and lots of mountains around for hunting and survival. Oh, and marijuana is legal here.
ETA: 300 days of sunshine a year here as well.
edit on 6-3-2015 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I would move in next door to you.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I intend, one day to purchase my own boat, nothing extravagant but big enough to sail and visit many places. I would call home the water off any coast and fly my own flag high, my own laws and the best part my own rule, and more than likely the best of all, just myself, less chance of any violent overthrows that way.

And there is lots of coastline along the Pacific, the Gulf and along the Atlantic. Supplies close by when I needed them or just a line in the water and the sun on my back. Still America but far enough out to be international when I need to be
edit on 3/6/2015 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It really depends on what type of weather and terrain you like, and how close you need to be to civilization. I'm a mountain lover myself and prefer cooler weather. My first choice would be somewhere in the Rockies (maybe colorado, utah, or wyoming), next choice would be the Pacific northwest.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Every job I have been coming across seems to be in Wisconsin (or metropolitan DC), I just don't want to uproot yet and what I do is necessarily contract and temporary.
edit on 6-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'd go to Hawaii because it's warm. That, and there are coffee plantations there and I'd get to have it fresh. I love coffee.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Back to Denver.

Why?

Because you can wear sweaters at night during Summer.

Don't get me wrong. I love South Louisiana. It's just so dang hot no matter what month it is. Africa hot even.
We just had a 40 degree temperature change within a few hours and that just plain ole sucks.
I do love the fleeting 50 degree day time temps though. Even if it is only for a few days.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
anywhere that has a demographic the same as my race because I would chose self segregation over a melting pot any day of the week. I find multiculturalism extremely overrated. Dont really want to be in a super high population density area either because i am a big believer in giving people their space. Less is more for me in terms of government as well.

As far as geography goes I think I could be happy anywhere that wasnt cold all the time. I dont mind seasonal changes. mountains are cool, swamps are interesting (mosquitoes would get old), deserts, open plains....all very nice. Oceans scare the hell out of me. Nowhere to hide, sharks (among others), USOs, storms etc. etc.

Most beautiful place I have ever been is Montana. Harsh winters though.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You haven't mentioned whether you're married or single and looking, straight or gay, have kids (what age?), like city life or rural life near a city, like a hot climate a cold climate or something in between, and what your hobbies are.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I actually just did this. I arrived last Thursday. Moved to Goldendale, Washington in the Columbia River Gorge. Beautiful mountains, rivers with amazing salmon runs, legal marijuana, and cheap land. I work in a field that is everywhere and managed to find this little spot. There are other places, but this one worked with the time and the job opportunity. In a few weeks I'll fly back to Florida to pack up the wife, pets, and belongings.

Tomorrow I'm visiting the stonehenge replica war memorial. I'll be posting some pictures and history in the next few days.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The UP of Michigan. Lake Superior and Hiawatha National Forest plus the Porcupine Mountains. What a wonderful place.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

You haven't mentioned whether you're married or single and looking, straight or gay, have kids (what age?), like city life or rural life near a city, like a hot climate a cold climate or something in between, and what your hobbies are.

Is this Match.com?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: Tangerine

Is this Match.com?

If you pay the membership fee.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Right where I am, but I'd move to pre-1492.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans
It really depends on what type of weather and terrain you like, and how close you need to be to civilization. I'm a mountain lover myself and prefer cooler weather. My first choice would be somewhere in the Rockies (maybe colorado, utah, or wyoming), next choice would be the Pacific northwest.

I've noticed a difference in "vibe" between mountain communities and communities on the water, the latter being far more laid-back. Have you noticed this?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I'd go to Hawaii because it's warm. That, and there are coffee plantations there and I'd get to have it fresh. I love coffee.

Hawai'i is a nice place to live, no doubt about it.

Not easy though, unless you are wealthy. Most everyone I know works 2-3 jobs, myself included. Absolutely worth it for me, but it's not for everyone.

For someone with a good paying, "work anywhere" job, though, it would have to be at the top of the list.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Been looking at this hard lately. Choices (in order) Alabama, Texas, Colorado, with Washington State a distant fourth. Will most likely spend three years in DC and then retire.

ETA: Why? Freedoms most appropriate to my lifestyle.
edit on 732015 by Snarl because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join