It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: LogJammer
The point of correlation not equaling causation seems to have eluded you.
The authors, however, caution that the number of subjects in their study was small and therefore it is difficult to extrapolate from this to the general population.
The researchers found significantly more children were diagnosed with autism in 1995 and on, and the team was able to determine that 60% of the increase could be attributed to these criteria changes. “I am not saying it explains everything,” says Hansen. “There’s the remaining 40%, so we shouldn’t stop here.” That 40% is important if researchers want to understand all the contributing factors to the disease he says.
Autism rates in the U.S. have surpassed those of Denmark. Notably, in the U.S. the MMR vaccine was administered at the age of 12 months, often with two thimerosal- containing products, the B and hepatitis B vaccines, while it was usually administered alone in Denmark at the age of 15 months. Additionally, by the age of 6 months, infants in the U.S. had been exposed to 12 vaccines and up to 187.5 micrograms of thimerosal, compared to 6 vaccines with no thimerosal in Denmark. 33 34 26 Conclusions Hemophilu
Have any other studies between vaccinated children and those free of vaccines?
The MMR vaccination rate in the city of Yokohama declined significantly in the birth cohorts of years 1988 through 1992, and not a single vaccination was administered in 1993 or thereafter. In contrast, cumulative incidence of ASD up to age seven increased significantly in the birth cohorts of years 1988 through 1996 and most notably rose dramatically beginning with the birth cohort of 1993.
During the period of MMR usage no significant difference was found in the incidence of regression between MMR-vaccinated children and non-vaccinated children. Among the proportion and incidence of regression across the three MMR-program-related periods (before, during and after MMR usage), no significant difference was found between those who had received MMR and those who had not. Moreover, the incidence of regression did not change significantly across the three periods.
For children vaccinated before diagnosis, autism risk was lower in children vaccinated with MMR than in the nonvaccinated.