It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #40: President Obama Can't Say "Radical Islam", so We Offer "Weaponized Islam"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

He doesn't defend them.
That is just some bs rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
Shame on Obama for allowing radical Muslim brotherhood in the white house.

Oh, that is Reagan. Never mind.

Not only that, four of the men in that room went on to form and lead the Taliban. And at the time, Reagan said (of them), "These gentlemen are the moral equivalent of America's founding fathers."

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Radical Islam?

Radical Christianity?

Extremist Ideological or religious views?

As a democracy we should allow all of these views and voices. We should never dictate moderate opinions, religions or ideology through government...nor declare them the enemy.

What gets missed is the "Violent" component...people actively and violently act out on those extremist views.

So maybe better semantics are "Violent extremists"? Or just simply "terrorists"..."the terrorsit group ISIS" works for me.

I am not a fan of affording them the "Islam" tag since they are executing Imams etc. and many Muslims don't consider them Muslims...but I guess more importantly is that they are claiming their religion excuses there psychopathy...and I disagree and don't think anyone should afford them the shelter or excuse of the "The Koran tells me it's OK". They wan't to be considered "Islamists"...so eff them. They are just psychopaths.

edit on 8-3-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Loving the black and blue curtains in the background.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: burdman30ott6

"The CIA worked with Pakistan's military dictator, General Zia-ul-Haq, to radicalize Mujahideen fighters when they were sent to Pakistan for training.

With funding and assistance from the CIA, they set up hundreds of madrassas, religious schools to teach the recruits weaponized Islam."

That's not clear?

No...you say 'madrassas, religious schools to teach the recruits weaponized Islam,' which defines madrass as schools which teach weaponized Islam, when really it just means school.

If you use a label, then a comma, then follow it with a description, that implies that the description defines the label...when actually the description goes far beyond the label, which is just 'school' in another language.
edit on 8-3-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Texas is one of the largest states in the union. It is highly weaponized and the violent crime rates are near the bottom of the list.
43rd out of 50. That is in total crimes, not per capita.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Weaponizing is generally a process of taking something benign and making it a weapon. A chili pepper is fantastic and you can eat it everyday to no ill effect, but pepper spray can really mess you up.

The term "radical Islam" seems to imply that these folks are acting on a fundamentalist level. As if the religion, in it's most literal interpretations prompted these terrible acts... Which, if I'm understanding correctly, it doesn't. Furthermore, it would appear that this extreme, weaponized "Islam" was not being practiced/did not exist (? I'll be honest, I'm not 100%certain of it) before the US developed and taught it...

It's akin to other splinter cell religious cults. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is a relatively cheerful bunch, but there's a fair population that doesn't know the ideological differences between mainstream Mormonism and Warren Jeff's (bad, bad man) polygamist cult.

I believe the burden is upon each of us to learn as much as we can about the discrepancies between purposeful distortions and the fundamental tenants of a creed. "Kill all Muslims" was a trending twitter tag, generalized calls to action against an entire religion... It's genocide, it's been done before, it's dark age stuff and one can't afford to continue splintering the global community with xenophobic ignorance.

Good show folks.
edit on 9-3-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Texas is one of the largest states in the union. It is highly weaponized and the violent crime rates are near the bottom of the list.
43rd out of 50. That is in total crimes, not per capita.

You are confused about the definition of "weaponized" ...

In the scenario described it is the Religious Ideology that has been "weaponized"...thus they use Improvised Explosive Devices, Suicide Bombers etc. No need for guns, though it helps.

You are confused between "Armed" and a person's beliefs being "Weaponized".

Islam has roughly 1.6 Billion followers..

Most surveys show between 1-5% of those Muslims support extremist violence..

With a much smaller percentage actually taking part in that violence.

This is in keeping with well established literature on Psycopathy which shows that roughly 5% of the population are diagnostically psychopathic, with a smaller percentage actually engaging in violence or crime driven by that psychopathy.

Sidenote: Non-violent Psycopaths who have high IQs usually do well..For example a large portion of Neurosurgeons are diagnostically Psychopathic.

“I have no compassion for those whom I operate on,” he told me. “That is a luxury I simply cannot afford. In the theater I am reborn: as a cold, heartless machine, totally at one with scalpel, drill and saw. When you're cutting loose and cheating death high above the snowline of the brain, feelings aren't fit for purpose. Emotion is entropy—and seriously bad for business. I've hunted it down to extinction over the years.”

www.scientificamerican.com...

So 5% of the population (including the 1.5 Billion Muslims) are psychopathic...and of that 5% a smaller percentage are violent.

"Weaponized" Religion is simply the excuse and portal by which these violent psychopaths gather to frolic in the garden of evil. Originating from violent or oppressed regions only makes it easier. In western Society, Psycopathic people often feel pressure to create a façade of empathy to properly function socially and get what they want, that is not so much a necessity in oppressed or war zone upbringings.

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 9-3-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

NLBS is now officially BS. These guys at NLBS are really starting to distract into realms totally not worthy of intellectual debate. They are literally splitting hairs over what to call a group of people who are funded, armed, and trained by the USA (ISIS and other propped up militant groups of the region). What a distraction... they aren't even digging that deep when it comes to "the great game 2"/"Gladio B" narratives .... Joe, go Google "Gladio B" and quit falling into the states narrative of giving legitimacy to the whole "Middle-Eastern Bogey Man" story we've been hearing since the 90's...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nomdeterreur

Since I contributed to some of the historical references in the video (did you watch the video? seems like you didn't), I'll respond.

Operation Gladio B was a discontinued FBI operation that was unaware of the CIA's Operation Cyclone (which we covered in the video), and was essentially "watching" Operation Cyclone in action.

We opted to cover the actual CIA operation that weaponized Islam, not the FBI's accidental discovery of the operation.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

This is my favorite show yet, Joe. The way that you include the viewer in your discovery process is very engaging and unique.

So, check this out:

"Stupid people so easily influenced by a headline or a tweet"

-youz

Dude? You are on a roll. You don't have to go all ad hoc on everyone. It is possible to help people understand why they react like that. I don't think we have the luxury these days of simply pointing out ignorance, you've got to deny it by articulating it.

Keep up the good work.It appears as though you are our only hope. I warned you about the Stone kid, didn't I? The Ventura child needs no explanation.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
I don't think we have the luxury these days of simply pointing out ignorance, you've got to deny it by articulating it.

We did that way back in #7

Skip ahead to 5:33

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yeah, you almost always do. I have a personal interest in the "stupid people" thing though, so I see it as low-hanging fruit in terms of it being a subject that needs elucidation.

I know the same dynamic bummed you guys out on facebook, and I agree that the phenomenon is pandemic, it's just that it can be explained. Folks can't help it, the brain just does that, and with no education, one thinks that their emotions have correctly assessed something they've seen when in fact their knee is jerking like a sewing machine.

Anyhow, please consider it my first rec for some NLBS subject matter. My only intention is to try to point out a way to go further that you might not have noticed.

P.S. Y'know, SO, everyone on the internet needs to learn what reflexivity is. Since we are talking about fashioning semantics in to tools: doesn't everyone need reflexivity?

edit on 9-3-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

so USA invented radical Islam?

they've only been practicing it since 630 AD.

this is the second video I've watched with this kid in it and I am beginning to believe he is the voice of the liberal-left.

brainwashed left that is...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
Oh, that is Reagan. Never mind.

these are Afghan Mujahideen who were fighting a communist Russian invasion that came without provocation in an expansionist fashion to their country.

it's called... making allies.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

..so USA invented radical Islam?

Within the context presented by this video: yes.

How people don't know this is beyond me. In the 1980's everyone knew this. The Afghani "Freedom Fighters" were romanticized in the press and their exploits encouraged military recruitment at least as much as the movie Red Dawn.

The question that you have to ask yourself right now is whether or not you would like hear the news in its unadulterated form from a fellow American, or a dumbed-down version provided by some snide Russian reporter with an agenda and a bad vocal fry affectation?

edit on 9-3-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I highly suggest they read up on the Ottoman empire...

PS; note while reading anything history related with the word "Islam" or "Muslim" associated with it, the word "conquest" directly follows.

It is conquest and expansionism since 630 AD, and they're sore losers.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

To be honest with you, I think I liked the old layout better. It seemed more....?

I can't really say what it was, I just liked it better. BTW are you guys going to do some more episodes covering multiple topics again or are you going to keep doing singular in-depth topics. I think you should mix it up.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
The question that you have to ask yourself right now is whether or not you would like hear the news in its unadulterated form from a fellow American, or a dumbed-down version provided by some snide Russian reporter with and agenda and a bad vocal fry affectation?

haha! thank you...

ahem no I do not, I've heard enough the past 7yrs.

I used to be a democrat... then I turned 18yrs old and became an adult.

This is bad reporting, plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

watched it and nope... you still dont know what "gladio B" IS... try again fool. amazing how you just jumped on the very first "Operation Gladio" that you happened upon (context matters)... this really shines a lot of light on how you blast through the internet doing your so called "research"... wow, dude, you got me and my professors (who are retired threat analysts at the DOD) laughing our asses off.

s
edit on 10-3-2015 by nomdeterreur because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join