It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain revelations to me?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: DenyTreason

originally posted by: tastyrawmeat

Thanks

Fictional.

Its that simple.

What is the point of replies like this? The OP is looking for interpretations of Revelation. If the OP thought Revelation was completely fictional, would he or she be asking that question in the first place? Do you like the sound of your own keyboard that much?

People who saw "Mulholland Drive" knew it was fiction but still asked people to explain it to them. Long discussions were devoted to it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I thought that John of Patmos was supposed to have written Revelations whilst tripping his head off on mushrooms? I've never met anyone sane who took it seriously.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Thanks

Fictional.

Its that simple.

What is the point of replies like this? The OP is looking for interpretations of Revelation. If the OP thought Revelation was completely fictional, would he or she be asking that question in the first place? Do you like the sound of your own keyboard that much?

People who saw "Mulholland Drive" knew it was fiction but still asked people to explain it to them. Long discussions were devoted to it.

Then why are you still commenting? We get it. You think the entire thing is fictional.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Thanks

Fictional.

Its that simple.

Heck, even if the OP thought it was fictional, it's still an interesting topic of study IMO.

As a believer, I don't think it's fiction, but I can see where it could be interesting to someone who doesn't believe just because there is so much discussion of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I can see where it could be interesting to someone who doesn't believe just because there is so much discussion of it.

just like myself...I don't study prophecy for religion or salvation sake
my reason for reading/researching Daniel, Revelation, Ezekiel, the 'Prophets' and various other Seers, Psychics in their predictions is to meld or blend forward looking human behavior patterns, cycles with the cosmic cycles, and theories like 'Fourth Turning' and combine them with Nature, Earthly radicals, cultural Zeitgeist, scientific-cultural swings and progressions, etc. ~
an example of mistaken meme was the notion that China is a sleeping giant to NOT be awakened...
but the western and globalists, progressives instead provoked the resurrection of Islamic Jihad, so that now the world is so much closer to hell-on-Earth...Doomsday

this is one reason I study prophecy/trends/predictions...
I sure do not anticipate a spiritual heaven nor an autonomous spirit body to be caught-up in the clouds
it is my perspective that Prophecy is future events in the narrow time-line we put ourselves into, thus making the prophecy very likely to come about... deep mystical adventures with a firm grasp of human nature can come to be regarded as Deities by the less enlightened general populations in time... a future AC & False Prophet will be the result of our collective will and Zeitgeist

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Why? The truth too much of a threat? Sorry. There is no middle ground.
How long are you going to wait around for some prophacy to come true? Especially when the time frame was supposed to have happened in the lifetime of the writers? What happened? Did your god let the time just slip away from him? And you're still going to support that slacker ?
edit on 382015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Thanks

Fictional.

Its that simple.

Then why are you still commenting? We get it. You think the entire thing is fictional.

I'm pretty sure most people reading my posts understand why I'm commenting. It's a surprise that you don't. I don't believe in letting proselytizers do their thing unchallenged.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

How long are you going to wait around for some prophacy to come true? Especially when the time frame was supposed to have happened in the lifetime of the writers? What happened? Did your god let the time just slip away from him? And you're still going to support that slacker ?

Slacker. LMAO

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't know who you think you're talking to, but I'm the one who doesn't believe Revelation refers to actual historical events, in the future or the past. I'm the one who thinks it has a mystical meaning, not a literalist meaning.

There is always a middle ground between extremes, sis.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

👣

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

I don't know who you think you're talking to, but I'm the one who doesn't believe Revelation refers to actual historical events, in the future or the past. I'm the one who thinks it has a mystical meaning, not a literalist meaning.

There is always a middle ground between extremes, sis.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

👣

But extremists, like the author of Revelation, don't fall in the middle ground. Raving lunacy is extreme.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Revelations is nonsense as the entire rest of the bible is.

C'mon, it even says that no man can be trusted in the bible, yet it is supposedly the divinely inspired word of God written and recorded by men.

There is a reason that "bible" and "babble" sound so similar as they mean almost the same exact thing.

Never mind that a supposed "God" would go through all of the same emotions as a mere man...?...

I tried to have faith once and fill in the big blank spots with illogical and infantile explanations for the shortcomings of the text but I just could not do it forever without feeling like a fool, and that is the same for most if not all religious texts.

Stranger still is the fact that most of the USA goes by the King James Version which is the version the pilgrims who came here in the early years of this continent's discovery left Europe to escape from.

The proper and most recent before the KJV was the Geneva Edition and it is pretty nonsensical too without stretching the logic of some of the things it states to insane thinness as in illogical.

The bible has been re-written and re-translated so many times that it really can't be trusted to mean anything pertinent any more.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Revelations is nonsense as the entire rest of the bible is.

Stranger still is the fact that most of the USA goes by the King James Version which is the version the pilgrims who came here in the early years of this continent's discovery left Europe to escape from.

...../quote]

I don't understand how that relates to the topic. The puritans (ie. pilgrims) were vile, monstrous theocrats. How would the fact that they disliked the KJV be pertinent to your position?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A passage from my book of thoughts.

People are conditioned to be stupid and conditioned to think they think their own thoughts and think they are smart when they actually think what they are taught to think by others in order to harvest the fruits of their labor.

It has only been the case where people were nearly free for a short time and only recently in the last 70 years. It was better in the recent past but is now skidding sideways and about to be going backwards to the ways of the past where humans were exploited like livestock.

There will be another war soon to seal our fate and distract us from being attentive enough to see the truth when those distractions provided now fail to distract us. Y'all better wake the # up as these things all run in cycles and when everyone dies and forgets the lessons of the past the mistakes of the past repeat themselves!.

It's always been this way and this really does need to change so we can mature as a species and stop acting like a race of adolescents. I feel that religion was contrived by the wealthy for the poor to give the poor something like hope of something better to look forward to.

Of course nothing gets better until we die and while we live our lives looking forward to being happy and dead we change nothing for the better while we live. This is how those in power maintain their power over the masses.

I did notice someone mentioned the book "The Fourth Turning" and this is an excellent book to begin to understand how generational amnesia is a very real thing, a very dangerous thing and the reason nothing ever really changes.

Maybe advances in technology will alleviate this trend toward forgetting if we can stop using it to sell each other junk that nobody needs anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You're not my sister.a reply to: BlueMule

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Thanks

Fictional.

Its that simple.

I'm pretty sure most people reading my posts understand why I'm commenting. It's a surprise that you don't. I don't believe in letting proselytizers do their thing unchallenged.

Which one of us proselytizes more on this website? We should take an ATS wide vote...
edit on 8-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

It is a bit of stretch to call it proselytizing when most people said the OP had to decide for themselves and that it is generally difficult to understand the last book in a series without reading the other books that came before it which is mainly what most of us did.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DeadSeraph

It is a bit of stretch to call it proselytizing when most people said the OP had to decide for themselves and that it is generally difficult to understand the last book in a series without reading the other books that came before it which is mainly what most of us did.

Granted

Pay attention to both Tangerine and myself however, and lets see which individual you think is more "preachy"?

Lets call it an ATS experiment!

edit on 8-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You're not my sister.a reply to: BlueMule

Wow... you're so blinded by hate you don't even realize that it was me calling you sister.

The dark side of the Force has you, me thinks.

👣

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I agree with you 100% .Proselytizers ignorance to the truth should be challenged.However that is not what you are doing.You are trolling Christians with rants and challenging them with belittlement .I’ve not seen you present one fact of credible evidence to deny their ignorance.

If you truly want to challenge the untruths of Christianity use their source of authority the scriptures .For instance The majority of all Christianity’s core doctrinal creed is that Jesus Christ saves from the eternal punishment of hell by believing in his sacrificial death and resurrection.

That is not in the scriptures at all.It is a religious extrapolation.All it takes is some honest effort to know why it isn’t.You have to be willing to find the source of their ignorance and refute it with fact.If you don’t you are just ranting and trolling about ignorance while being ignorant.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

I agree with you 100% .Proselytizers ignorance to the truth should be challenged.However that is not what you are doing.You are trolling Christians with rants and challenging them with belittlement .I’ve not seen you present one fact of credible evidence to deny their ignorance.

If you truly want to challenge the untruths of Christianity use their source of authority the scriptures .For instance The majority of all Christianity’s core doctrinal creed is that Jesus Christ saves from the eternal punishment of hell by believing in his sacrificial death and resurrection.

That is not in the scriptures at all.It is a religious extrapolation.All it takes is some honest effort to know why it isn’t.You have to be willing to find the source of their ignorance and refute it with fact.If you don’t you are just ranting and trolling about ignorance while being ignorant.

No, I am not going to quote "Lord of the Rings" as evidence that trees walk. I am not going to quote "The Night Before Christmas" as evidence that reindeer fly. Likewise, I am not going to quote a collection of ancient Middle Eastern myths as evidence that the claims contained in those myths are fact. The onus is on the person making the claims of fact to cite testable evidence proving those claims of fact.

At its foundation, Christianity is based on the claim that God exists and the Jesus lived on earth as a man. There's more but if those two claims are without factual foundation, everything that follows from those claims is without foundation. When a Christian claims that God exists, that's a claim of fact and must be supported by testable evidence. They have none. When a Christian claims that Jesus actually lived, that's a claim of fact and must be supported by contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence). They have none. If you disagree, and I imagine you do, cite testable evidence proving that God exists and cite contemporaneous documentation proving that Jesus lived.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join