It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain revelations to me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hello. It seems so open to interpretation, but it would be interesting if those of you that have perhaps studied this in more depth could give me a few pointers on the general idea, maybe some of the opposing viewpoints and your personal opinions.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tastyrawmeat

Yup it was written to keep people afraid and when they are afraid they turn to their religion more.
Very savvy business is religion.
Oh and it is a business even the bible tells you to give money to priests.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Right off the bat you have the wrong idea. You want some one
else to tell you the message you're supposed to get from the Bible.
Read it and study it with the ideas that fit for you and draw your own
message from Gods word. To much for ya?

BM

If it was written to keep me afraid? It's just not working.
edit on Rpm30615v00201500000025 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Explain Revelations? No one can explain Revelations. There are entire Internet forums devoted to the study of it and the books of the other prophets and prophecies relating to the events in it. No one knows exactly, and that's why it's so much fun to study.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just need some pointers on where to begin.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I think most Christians will tell you that it describes global events that either happened already, or will happen, or are in the slow process of happening.

But I think it is a very cryptic way of describing the psychological process that an individual goes through when becoming a mystic just like Jesus was.

In a nutshell.

👣

edit on 884Friday000000America/ChicagoMar000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I did a whole series of threads explaining Revelation systematically.
The Index thread is here; Revelation; Project Complete

The short answer is that the book is addressing a church facing persecution; the church of John's own time, and perhaps also the church of a future time.
The basic message is a message of hope, and a call for the church to persevere in faith; God will overcome the enemies of his people (that's the point of all the "disasters") and bring about the New Jerusalem of the last two chapters.

edit on 6-3-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

For starters, it won't make a whole lots of sense without a good grounding in the rest of scripture because a lot of the NT refers back Old Testament which is why a lot of the OT is included. In this case, there are parts of Ezekial, the Book of Daniel, and lots of other prophets who all make references to the events in Revelation. Christ also taught the Apostles about it when they asked, so there are bits in the Gospels that also allude to it, parables and other, more direct teachings.

However, there is also an entire school of thought that holds that all of Revelation has already been fulfilled too. And there are also the Gnostic versions.

I've been hooked on eschatology since about junior high, and I still don't know as much as some people. For me, I just read and see what makes the most sense in my personal walk.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tastyrawmeat
Hello. It seems so open to interpretation, but it would be interesting if those of you that have perhaps studied this in more depth could give me a few pointers on the general idea, maybe some of the opposing viewpoints and your personal opinions.

Thanks

I suggest reading "Raptureless: An Optimistic Guide to the End" (2012)
by Jonathan Welton

What does the Bible really say about: A secret rapture of the Church? A Future One-World Ruler? A Future Seven-Year Tribulation? Are we living in the Last Days? These questions are thoroughly argued and scripturally answered in this book, be prepared to be stretched and see the Bible through brand new eyes!

Here is a reader review from Amazon:

This book brings hope to our lost world. Too many people have been taught that the world is ending today- which takes away hope. Jonathan uses the bible to teach us that the world is not ending today. These teachings were meant for the end of Jeruselum in 70 A.D. The earth isn't going to be burnt up in a fiery ball. God destroyed Jeruselum and set His ministry free to all the world. This is the most encouraging book I have ever read except for the Holy Bible!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It is one revelation. Keep going forward.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I just need some pointers on where to begin.

The Art of Revelation
Jonathan Welton

The first question that must be answered for any work of art is the question of when it was written. This is an especially important question for the Book of Revelation because the when determines whether or not to applies to the AD 70 destruction of Jerusalem. As you may guess, I have come to believe the majority of the Book of Revelation was written regarding events that took place at the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70. In order to believe that, we must first address the date of authorship. If the book was written in AD 96, as many modern teachers claim, then my point of view cannot be valid. Yet, I believe the overwhelming body of evidence proves beyond reasonable doubt that Revelation was more likely written before AD 68. Let’s look at the proofs to establish the date of writing

disruptingculture.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Here is the key, the Seals are a summary of the 7 year tribulation, they are not chronological events. The Four Horsemen are elect angels who patrol the earth and execute God's judgement. The tribulation actually begins with the first trumpet, which is blown the day after the Rapture. Then, one trumpet is blown every 7 days until Apollyon (who is the antichrist) rises from the abyss, then the 6th trumpet is blown. From the 5th trumpet forward, the two witnesses begin their 1,260 day ministry, then Apollyon kills them mid-trib, and begins waging war with the saints for the final 1,260 days. This gives you1+35+(1260+1260) days of tribulation starting with the Solar (not lunar) Feast of Trumpets, which is Sept 16 or Sept 17 of each year. In total, that adds up to 7 solar years.

Good luck, you can use my threads as a reference, I go into some deep detail.

ETA

Jesus will cut short the Tribulation for the elect, so you can subtract up to 24 hours from the last day.
edit on 6-3-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added tip

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Wow what a request!

I will say that the Revelation of John is deeply wrapped in several of the Old Testament prophets. Really cant understand a lot of it without understanding those prophets. Years of research, never ending research and study. No easy explanation really in those regards.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

I think most Christians will tell you that it describes global events that either happened already, or will happen, or are in the slow process of happening.

But I think it is a very cryptic way of describing the psychological process that an individual goes through when becoming a mystic just like Jesus was.

In a nutshell.

👣

Its really not that cryptic or mystic.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: BlueMule

In a nutshell.

👣

Its really not that cryptic or mystic.

Prove it.

👣

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'd suggest ordering pastor arnold Murrays tapes, guy has the bible memorised and interpreted.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I can help you

Universe and everything in it Pre designed, Pre destined, including choices you make

Some people are able to realize the truth and access it

And they can give accurate prediction if the future because those events already happened on the timeline

Jesus was such an individual

Jesus is very advanced being, but while on Earth Jesus himself was trapped in predestined reality

Don't you just love Internet, you got all kinds if crazy to converse with

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Greetings- I believe Jesus The Chris† said "Seek and Ye shall find" and NOT "See what others think". This would be akin to going to Church™ when the same Jesus said "You ARE the Church" Instead of getting Pastor Dave's interpretation of what He thinks it means, this causes further separation from The Devine, which each Self contains inside of them..

"If You meet the Buddha on the road kill Him..."

namaste

Don't look outside of Your Self for any answers because the One(s) You're asking are in the same spot You are...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Thanks

Revelations? Whose? The 911 Commission? If you're talking about the Bible, there is no book called Revelations.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

What it is to me will be different for you. We all have to search for it our selves...

seek and ye shall find... and all that stuff

leolady

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join