It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Adorable animals (that would eat you if given the chance)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Before someone complains about the title of this thread, it's the name of the video. Don't blame me. Blame the ones who made it.

I saw this video and I just had to share it with you all. It shows deer eating birds, a cow eating a bird, a rabbit attacking and eating a bird, and even mentions that deer will eat a dead deer. It actually freaked me out a little. It takes a lot to do that.
What do you think, ATS? I always thought that deer, cows, and rabbits were herbivores, yet here they are eating meat. I really don't know what to make of it. Does this happen often?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
While searching to see if this has been posted before I found a thread by Grifter42, who says that his uncle shot a deer and tracked it, only to find another deer eating it. Man, that's creepy. Here's the link so you can read it for yourself:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me. Meat eating would be the most efficient way to replace certain trace minerals and elements our bodies need, even for herbivores.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's what my friend said. She thought they might be low on iron and are eating them to replace it because they're not getting it in their regular diet.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

His shirt was the best part of that video.

Oh, and that turtle! LOL!!!

Remind me to wash the fried dough smell off my hand at the next agricultural fair I'm at.

No seriously, that video was messed up.

Here's some thread love...S+F

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

That turtle really got me. Wow. Yeah they might think you're tasty and you'll end up a few fingers short.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
lol I made a thread a long while ago about the "peaceful" side of animals.

Elephants killing their younger brother because jealousy, baboons eating baby baboons, a lioness torturing a baby hyena... You name it, there were lots of videos.

Psychopathy isn't an exclusivity of the human specie...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
No to the bunnies and the bambi's and the guinea pigs, and all the little creatures that aren't on my plate and will stay off it.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Man this is eye opening stuff

jjeeesssuuusss

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

No it's not. I remember seeing a documentary about horses. A horse gave birth and the baby couldn't stand so one of the male horses picked it up in his mouth and beat it against the ground until it was dead.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I wonder what guinea pigs taste like. I don't think you'd get a lot of meat off them.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aaamok88

I thought so, too. It sure changed my mind about a lot of things.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Just gave me another reason not to even bother wth being a vegetarian. Mother Nature, keeping it real.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech

Yeah, no kidding. Even the supposed vegetarians of the animal kingdom eat meat.

top topics

join