It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Coming is real!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The bible says that no one knows the time the Second Coming will take place. What else does no one know the time of? Their own death. The Second Coming is also referred to as Judgement Day. When we die, our actions in this life are "judged" and we are sent to a place that warrants our actions in this life. Maybe we were all bad people in our past life which is why we ended up here on Earth where suffering is the norm, we were sent here as a sentence for our past actions in past lives, giving us a chance to "repent" and come to knowledge of the truth.

Maybe the Second Coming symbolizes a natural process instead of the literal coming of Jesus in the clouds? If reincarnation is true (which I believe it is) then what if the "Second Coming" is our rebirth into another body? This is our "First Coming" because we do not remember our past lives and the "Second Coming" is our reincarnation/resurrection into a new body that is free from "sin" in our next life, a way for our sins in this life to be forgiven and us being given a fresh start again.

Jesus says that he will be with us "even to the end of the age". What is your age? It is the amount of time you've been here on Earth, so what if what Jesus meant by the "end of the age" and "judgement day" is the end of our "age" here on Earth? "Judgement Day" isn't an event that happens to everyone at once as the common interpretation claims, it is doled out on an individual basis upon the death of each person.

Eternal life isn't what Christians think it means, they believe they will be transported to heaven never to die again, having a continuous experience from the same perspective for eternity. How boring does that sound? After a hundred years I'd be sick of living the same life, I'd want a fresh start with the chance at new experiences from a fresh perspective. What if "Judgement Day" is that fresh start, where karma "judges" our actions and decides where we deserve to end up?

This is just a thought I've been having lately and I thought I'd share it to see what others thought about it.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Interesting take on it... When you said (typed) "Second Coming symbolizes a natural process" and mentioned reincarnation it made me think:
Perhaps Second Coming is the ability for us to remember our past lives.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Maybe we were all bad people in our past life which is why we ended up here on Earth where suffering is the norm, we were sent here as a sentence for our past actions in past lives, giving us a chance to "repent" and come to knowledge of the truth.

That thought has crossed my mind more than a few times. People suffering in this life now may be here having to 'do time' for something they did from a past life. We won't know until we are dead and then we'll see the whole picture. I'm looking forward to getting some answers then.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

When we die, our actions in this life are "judged" and we are sent to a place that warrants our actions in this life.

Unfortunately, if you're going by the Bible at least (with the second coming and all), when you die you go to an inbetween place called Sheol in Hebrew. It's not Heaven nor Hell because Judgement Day has not occurred yet.

It's like a purgatory, but an even better way to think of it would be "asleep" without dreaming. Or, dead with no afterlife even .. just gone. Then Judgement Day happens, then all souls are resurrected and judged. This is the way the Bible teaches it.

Sadly, no one talks or teaches about it because no one likes the idea. Who wants to have to wait a potentially unknown amount of time, experiencing nothing, after dying? That sounds too much like the way dying might actually be(no afterlife -- just gone), which is scary to people.
edit on 3/6/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The bible says that no one knows the time the Second Coming will take place. What else does no one know the time of? Their own death. The Second Coming is also referred to as Judgement Day. When we die, our actions in this life are "judged" and we are sent to a place that warrants our actions in this life. Maybe we were all bad people in our past life which is why we ended up here on Earth where suffering is the norm, we were sent here as a sentence for our past actions in past lives, giving us a chance to "repent" and come to knowledge of the truth.

Maybe the Second Coming symbolizes a natural process instead of the literal coming of Jesus in the clouds? If reincarnation is true (which I believe it is) then what if the "Second Coming" is our rebirth into another body? This is our "First Coming" because we do not remember our past lives and the "Second Coming" is our reincarnation/resurrection into a new body that is free from "sin" in our next life, a way for our sins in this life to be forgiven and us being given a fresh start again.

Jesus says that he will be with us "even to the end of the age". What is your age? It is the amount of time you've been here on Earth, so what if what Jesus meant by the "end of the age" and "judgement day" is the end of our "age" here on Earth? "Judgement Day" isn't an event that happens to everyone at once as the common interpretation claims, it is doled out on an individual basis upon the death of each person.

Eternal life isn't what Christians think it means, they believe they will be transported to heaven never to die again, having a continuous experience from the same perspective for eternity. How boring does that sound? After a hundred years I'd be sick of living the same life, I'd want a fresh start with the chance at new experiences from a fresh perspective. What if "Judgement Day" is that fresh start, where karma "judges" our actions and decides where we deserve to end up?

This is just a thought I've been having lately and I thought I'd share it to see what others thought about it.

This is worse cherry picking then your average Christian. The bible (and anyone who actually studies it) knows Christianity disagrees completely with reincarnation. So how are you gonna take what you like about the bible as truth and ignore what you don't?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
Unfortunately, if you're going by the Bible at least (with the second coming and all), when you die you go to an inbetween place called Sheol in Hebrew. It's not Heaven nor Hell because Judgement Day has not occurred yet.

If anyone cares to explain, why is it that there are visions in Revelation about the souls who were martyred for Christ before the throne in heaven if Judgement Day had not occurred yet?

Do you get a "get out of Sheol" free card for being martyred, while average Christians have to wait for Judgement Day?

Or is it that all Christians get the card, and it's the non-Christians who go to Sheol until Judgement Day?
edit on 3/6/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Is this why you insist in the bible's ambiguity? To, slip in your own personal distortion. The End of the Age is the end of the 70th Week (Dan 9). No one knows the day or hour of the Second Advent because Jesus will cut it short by up to one day for the sake of the elect (Matt 24). Daniel 12 and Rev 13&14 lay out the time frame of the 70th Week, therefore we know that Jesus can only cut the tribulation short by a matter of hours.

Like I said in your other thread, the bible is only ambiguous when you cherry pick verses out of context.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

It does now. But Jesus taught in times where reincarnation was accepted as something real just like reincarnation is accepted today in eastern philosophy.

That changed with Emperor Justinian in 545 A.D:

“If anyone asserts the fabulous preexistence of souls, and shall assert the monstrous restoration which follows from it: let him be anathema. (The Anathemas against Origen), attached to the decrees of the Fifth Ecumenical Council, A.D. 545, in Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, 2d ser., 14: 318).”
edit on 6-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm looking forward to getting some answers then.

Which would be great, as long as we get to remember them, if we have to come back again.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Not at all, I say it's ambiguous because it hides the truth from people.

I've asked this on more than one occasion and have yet to get an answer. If God can protect the bible from being corrupted then why not his children? If keeping us from being corrupted somehow interferes with free will, doesn't that mean God took away the fee will of those who wrote and put the bible together?

All I've gotten from this question so far is crickets.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You don't have to wait for death to get answers IMO, the answers can be found in this lifetime. "Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened." Waiting for death to get the answers is not seeking, it it's waiting for the answers to come to you.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I always think it is strange that people ask really good questions which should have straightforward ansWers. However, they continue to believe in the same belief system even when noone gives them answers. If your religion does not provide satisfactory answers then it is better to find one which does isnt it? For me, "faith" just does not provide enough of the answers to life.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

For the same reason that God knows how it's all going to end and what His plan is and executes it, and we still have our free will.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You are assuming that the bible is authored by man, it wasnt. The bible is the sovreign word of God communicated through man, therefore man has no authority to change that message. Ill repeat myself again, God override our free will when it comes to salvation.

That is the answer to your question.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So now God does override our fee will? I thought he didn't do that? If he could override man's free will to write the bible then why not do it to keep everyone from being corrupted? He did it once with the bible so why not for everyone? He chose to limit his override capabilities at the expense of billions of people going to hell? That doesn't seem quite right.

The mental gymnastics you're pulling are pretty impressive.

edit on 3/6/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So God chose to override free will in a way that would save the vast minority yet he had an equal opportunity to save everyone through taking away free will and didn't take it? Why?

One shouldn't force someone else to love them.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I agree, so why force it on them with the threat of hell? That's like a robber robbing you at gunpoint. You can choose not to give them the money but you'll end up getting shot in the head. What kind of choice is that?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Is there not still a choice?

I hear people say all the time they'd rather go to hell than be in a heaven with a god that they claim hates them.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

I agree, so why force it on them with the threat of hell? That's like a robber robbing you at gunpoint. You can choose not to give them the money but you'll end up getting shot in the head. What kind of choice is that?

Who's being contradictory?

Do you want God to force you to love Him or would you rather choose that for yourself?

God can do whatever He likes. He allows this world to continue on as it does because it is our time to learn and grow and decide who we will be and whether or not we will choose His way or our own. If He over road our choices to make this world perfect after His fashion, then there would be no point to this world or this existence.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You don't have to wait for death to get answers IMO, the answers can be found in this lifetime. "Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened." Waiting for death to get the answers is not seeking, it it's waiting for the answers to come to you.

There's another layer of knowledge contained in the Bible that will only start to make sense as we near the end. There's something in the numbers and the order of events that's just waiting to be unlocked. Sir Issac Newton spent his whole life obsessing over it unsuccessfully because he lived in at a time where he couldn't have even imagined what the world would look like today.

There's a reason Peter HAD to deny Jesus 3 times. There's a reason why the apostles are listed in 3 different places yet none of them match up. Where most see discrepancies, I see clues. We're not supposed to understand it yet, but one day I can promise you we'll be able to look back and say "Oh... My... God!", and every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess...

edit on 6-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join