It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs scientific advancement.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I agree that religious rules are made to ensure dominance over subjects (believers).

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: petkoshone

I agree that religious rules are made to ensure dominance over subjects (believers).

correction: government laws are made to ensure dominance over subjects.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yes today, but in ancient times when religions were established it was the case.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

okay i've read the first 2 links.

the messeh: that really cemented my theory that jesus was the last pharaoh and son of cleopatra, and that cleo was the virgin mary because she had been impregnated via artificial insemination by enki. ...

First, it's a hypothesis not a theory. A theory is based on evidence that has been tested making it fact. Secondly, there is not an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus or Enki ever existed. If you don't have that, you've got diddly squat.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: petkoshone

correction: government laws are made to ensure dominance over subjects.

my government is of the people, for the people and by the people...

hence the coming repeal of Obamacare, I don't know anyone who asked for this!

---

socialized medicine!

edit on 8-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Thank you for finding it and posting.

Interesting to read. I can see the argument. I'm a big fan of science fiction books, and I love the idea of a thriving galactic civilization that's been around for hundreds of millions of years and has included countless space faring species.

All of that rings my bell.

I just wish there was evidence of it. We can read into some historic texts with a modern eye and overlay technological explanations for some of what is described, but that's about the best we have now.

If there is such a civilization, hurry up and make contact.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

that was really interesting. i had no idea of the different schools of thought on the subject!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
double post
edit on 8-3-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dewts

yep. good stuff.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Wow so because I openly mock religion Iam like a racist?. It isn't just your man made cult I mock it is all of them. Like I said I knew christians would come in attempting to cry about being persecuted. How many people have Christians persecuted? and continue to do so?. Why do many Christians attempt to deny the right of marriage between gay folk?. Sorry you have a lot of gall to say those things about me when the Bible condones so much which is wrong. Oh and no genocide needed people are waking up and leaving your club in droves.

Mocking religion does not necessarily make you a racist but it does show your lack of tolerance and love to others. It does seem that you have targeted Christians as the bad guys as you do not mention Muslims head hunters whatsoever. I often wonder why that is on ATS? Is it because of the fear of retribution from the head hunters or simply that Christianity pricks your heart with truth?

You ask how many Christians have persecuted and continue to do so? Isn't that nonsense to say the least? Are you responsible for any others thoughts or actions? That is the silliest parroting that continues in the Christian bashing agenda. Nevertheless my answer is that if any person persecutes another person then that one who hates without a justified cause is not a Christian. You see how silly that question was? A person cannot hate without justification and be of the Father YAHUHA.

Same sex unification is a matter of preference. I can neither stop it nor can I accept it. That is also my prerogative to reject it as it would be your prerogative to accept it. We are all procreated with the same free choice. Homosexuals and lesbians have openly flauanted their choice which may or may not be offensive to me but that is my concern and not your concern. You have no right to judge my dislike as I have no right to judge your acceptance in this matter. My reasoning is mine to own and your reasoning is yours to own. The only avenue of my own concern is that of disease and who should be financially responsible for their own actions.

A true Christian is not one who hates without a cause. The theological God of Christianity is the rule book of Christianity and the formula is very simple. It you disagree then simply ignore the so called Christian losers. Eventually they will become nada and that will solve your Christian problem. Meanwhile watch your back. It just might be that you are mistaken.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

I become very cautious when I detect that someone is trying to grab me by my emotions. It is to me a warning flag.

Very well said and a very good point. Have often thought this but could never present it such as you have presented it. I have noted this quite often on ATS as members often give videos as sources.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
Mocking religion does not necessarily make you a racist but it does show your lack of tolerance and love to others. It does seem that you have targeted Christians as the bad guys as you do not mention Muslims head hunters whatsoever. I often wonder why that is on ATS? Is it because of the fear of retribution from the head hunters or simply that Christianity pricks your heart with truth?

No it doesn't. Mocking an institution doesn't mean that the person dislikes the people in it. YOU are projecting those values onto the person in order to feign the persecution complex because you view someone questioning your faith as an attack against you.

I believe that many don't question the Muslim religion because they aren't as familiar with it as they with Christianity. This is certainly true for me. I was raised Catholic. Most of the people I interact with are Christian. It wasn't until recently that I started interacting with more Muslims. Maybe now I'll learn a bit more about their faith and beliefs and question it. I certainly hold the Koran equally to the Bible in terms of quality of evidence (none).

Also, keep in mind that there are WAY more Christians on this site to talk to than Muslims. It is likely that a thread speaking ill about Muslims would get hijacked by the Islamaphobes talking about how we need to eradicate all Muslims because of the actions of a few instead of dissecting the actual religion and its beliefs.

You ask how many Christians have persecuted and continue to do so? Isn't that nonsense to say the least? Are you responsible for any others thoughts or actions? That is the silliest parroting that continues in the Christian bashing agenda. Nevertheless my answer is that if any person persecutes another person then that one who hates without a justified cause is not a Christian. You see how silly that question was? A person cannot hate without justification and be of the Father YAHUHA.

Who are you to say who is and isn't Christian? Doesn't the bible tell you not to judge? Wouldn't declaring someone saying he is a Christian a liar be a form of judging someone?

Same sex unification is a matter of preference. I can neither stop it nor can I accept it. That is also my prerogative to reject it as it would be your prerogative to accept it. We are all procreated with the same free choice. Homosexuals and lesbians have openly flauanted their choice which may or may not be offensive to me but that is my concern and not your concern. You have no right to judge my dislike as I have no right to judge your acceptance in this matter. My reasoning is mine to own and your reasoning is yours to own. The only avenue of my own concern is that of disease and who should be financially responsible for their own actions.

True, it isn't my business that you hate someone irrationally, but it IS my business if you try to use that hate to justify keeping them from having equality in this country.

A true Christian is not one who hates without a cause. The theological God of Christianity is the rule book of Christianity and the formula is very simple. It you disagree then simply ignore the so called Christian losers. Eventually they will become nada and that will solve your Christian problem. Meanwhile watch your back. It just might be that you are mistaken.

I'm not sure I've ever met a true Christian since the definition is so vague. A Christian will follow or not follow random edicts in the bible and claim true Christianity, but the thing is that the bible is contradictory. You HAVE to do this to be a Christian. This sets precedent for ignoring edicts that AREN'T contradictory.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: orangetom1999

I become very cautious when I detect that someone is trying to grab me by my emotions. It is to me a warning flag.

Very well said and a very good point. Have often thought this but could never present it such as you have presented it. I have noted this quite often on ATS as members often give videos as sources.

Wow!! I am very gratified that you understand the fingerprint of which I was describing. Very few do today..in lieu of "feelings " use and misuse to justify their positons. Then combine this with a television and movie education in feelings and to me you have a robot.

The Word tells us to "reason together" not to feel together. Once you know this ..you will catch it being used and misused out here by the media, public education, and also by deceitful leadership preying on peoples unguarded emotions and lack of knowledge in many things.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Who are you to say who is and isn't Christian? Doesn't the bible tell you not to judge? Wouldn't declaring someone saying he is a Christian a liar be a form of judging someone?

This is such nonsense..and textbook of todays illogic and ill reason trying to pass as intelligence, enlightenment, and illumination...it is none of these.

If a Christian cannot judge..how would they ever know to separate from leven and unleven...new wine and olde?? How would they know to separate from that which is defiled. How would they know when to put out of the Church.

I believe so many unbelievers cannot think a thing through but only look at the flesh...they cannot function long outside the flesh. They are just not capable of thinking a thing through ..but via a thin prism of their nonsense.

You need some work here...Krazysh0t. You are obviously accustomed to using that tactic and verse out of context and with Believers who are still on milk and not on meat. Those on the sugar of this world...not on salt.

Those who can think further than a television and movie education in emotions can see it and you for what it is ..nonsense. It does not even make good nonsense once someone points it out to those who can see, hear, and think farther than emotions.

True, it isn't my business that you hate someone irrationally, but it IS my business if you try to use that hate to justify keeping them from having equality in this country.

This type of emotional thinking is textbook of todays self justification and also tries to pass by default ...like your previous statement about judging.

The carte blanche and phony construct here is that people who disagree are automatically haters. This is so wolfie and textbook of predictability for the nonsense it is.
So many political and social groups of today are using and misusing such social political default techniques you can predict them after awhile...assumptions...and then they built on a phony assumption like a jet airplane with an afterburner.

Disapproval is not hating..it is disapproval.

The key index and tell tale of this kind of phoniness is that these groups demand "Tolerance " from others but give it not to those who disagree and will voice their disagreement.

This is nothing more than a ham handed attempt at censorship..control and what is also called guilt manipulations and guilt politics.

Once one knows this ..one can take a good look at leadership following this same template and realize also what they are ..intolerant...while demanding tolerance from others.

I'm not sure I've ever met a true Christian since the definition is so vague. A Christian will follow or not follow random edicts in the bible and claim true Christianity, but the thing is that the bible is contradictory. You HAVE to do this to be a Christian. This sets precedent for ignoring edicts that AREN'T contradictory.

You actually bring out a good point here about many Christians. Many do not in fact know much about what is in the Bible..myself included.

But for your edification and understanding..I will post one thing most Christians will quickly understand...

Nowhere in the Bible..both Olde and New Testament do you find an instruction for a human being or a Believer to define themselves by their sexuality. Male nor Female.

It does not say in the Bible that people do not have sexuality..but that God's people do not so define themselves and then expect others to go along with it or be silent. It does not exist in the Bible/Word.

God's people define themselves by the God who lives in them 24/7.

I know this because secular records exist that the nations surrounding Ancient Israel were already doing this fingerprint..defining themselves by their sexuality...particularly around their holidays and festivals. It was quite common and would make Playboy and others of this genre today look like kindergarteners.

For.....a proper human being is so much more than sexuality...much much more. This applies hetero as well as homo.

But one would never get this point reading posts like yours..or others of this genre. It requires thinking..not vitriolic demanding emotions.

A proper human being is so much much much more than sexuality. Hence when I learn of this line of thinking and examine posts like yours..and also the position of leadership in this country...I know from whence they and you speak...

You are speaking from a non human standpoint...while demanding that people accept it as human. It is not. For a proper human is much much more than sexuality. And this group has the very bad taste to identify itself by its sexuality and then demand that other accept it or be silent. No genius degree needed here.

Politicians and leadership are only looking at this for potential votes and will sell anyone's soul for a vote.
For it is clear that they will try to foist off a non human template as human for a vote.

For if it is non human...it can only come, from a Biblical sandpoint...from the Fallen.

For there are no female angels and certainly none among the fallen.

For those of you reading this ...who know the Word/Bible...you now know the name of the god of our leadership in this country (USA) and you now also know that they have switched gods and told no one they have done this.

Now you also know why their actions have been so strange and for so long in this country.

I can do this also in other avenues outside of sexuality to identify the trail of the fallen..but sexuality is prime among the Fallen and for anyone who has ever attempted to study this topic.

Hope this helps some of the Believers out here.

Thanks,
Orangetom

edit on 11-3-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999

This is such nonsense..and textbook of todays illogic and ill reason trying to pass as intelligence, enlightenment, and illumination...it is none of these.

If a Christian cannot judge..how would they ever know to separate from leven and unleven...new wine and olde?? How would they know to separate from that which is defiled. How would they know when to put out of the Church.

How should I know? I'm not a Christian anymore, but it is YOUR book that says this:
Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Those instructions are pretty clear. So it sounds like YOU need to figure out the answers to those questions, not me.

I believe so many unbelievers cannot think a thing through but only look at the flesh...they cannot function long outside the flesh. They are just not capable of thinking a thing through ..but via a thin prism of their nonsense.

Yeah, I only look at the cover of Christianity, it's not like I spent half my life as a Catholic or anything and lived the life. /sarcasm

You need some work here...Krazysh0t. You are obviously accustomed to using that tactic and verse out of context and with Believers who are still on milk and not on meat. Those on the sugar of this world...not on salt.

Out of context? I just posted it word for word.

Those who can think further than a television and movie education in emotions can see it and you for what it is ..nonsense. It does not even make good nonsense once someone points it out to those who can see, hear, and think farther than emotions.

It's in YOUR bible. I already know it is nonsense. It is impossible for humans not to judge people. It's in our nature. The fact that you are arguing with me about it shows that you don't even want to listen such ridiculous decrees.

This type of emotional thinking is textbook of todays self justification and also tries to pass by default ...like your previous statement about judging.

The carte blanche and phony construct here is that people who disagree are automatically haters. This is so wolfie and textbook of predictability for the nonsense it is.

Uh... No... I clearly said that someone using their hate to inhibit someone else. That is a clear action of suppression on behalf of the hateful party. Whatever you are trying to argue here is missing the point completely.

So many political and social groups of today are using and misusing such social political default techniques you can predict them after awhile...assumptions...and then they built on a phony assumption like a jet airplane with an afterburner.

Disapproval is not hating..it is disapproval.

I never said it was.

The key index and tell tale of this kind of phoniness is that these groups demand "Tolerance " from others but give it not to those who disagree and will voice their disagreement.

This is nothing more than a ham handed attempt at censorship..control and what is also called guilt manipulations and guilt politics.

Censorship of what? I just told you that you are allowed to hate someone. I even acknowledged that I have no right to say you can't. You actually QUOTED that line from me. How are you not understanding my meaning? If you use that hate or disapproval to inhibit someone else THEN I have a problem with you.

Once one knows this ..one can take a good look at leadership following this same template and realize also what they are ..intolerant...while demanding tolerance from others.

Funnily enough you JUST got done trying to explain different levels of intolerance (hate and disapproval) yet here you are saying that the counter hate is equal to the original hate. But hey, this is a standard cop out explanation to try to justify your own hate, "Well SEE they hate us for hating these other people! I am therefore justified in my hate!"

You actually bring out a good point here about many Christians. Many do not in fact know much about what is in the Bible..myself included.

But for your edification and understanding..I will post one thing most Christians will quickly understand...

Nowhere in the Bible..both Olde and New Testament do you find an instruction for a human being or a Believer to define themselves by their sexuality. Male nor Female.

It does not say in the Bible that people do not have sexuality..but that God's people do not so define themselves and then expect others to go along with it or be silent. It does not exist in the Bible/Word.

God's people define themselves by the God who lives in them 24/7.

I know this because secular records exist that the nations surrounding Ancient Israel were already doing this fingerprint..defining themselves by their sexuality...particularly around their holidays and festivals. It was quite common and would make Playboy and others of this genre today look like kindergarteners.

For.....a proper human being is so much more than sexuality...much much more. This applies hetero as well as homo.

But one would never get this point reading posts like yours..or others of this genre. It requires thinking..not vitriolic demanding emotions.

A proper human being is so much much much more than sexuality. Hence when I learn of this line of thinking and examine posts like yours..and also the position of leadership in this country...I know from whence they and you speak...

You are speaking from a non human standpoint...while demanding that people accept it as human. It is not. For a proper human is much much more than sexuality. And this group has the very bad taste to identify itself by its sexuality and then demand that other accept it or be silent. No genius degree needed here.

Politicians and leadership are only looking at this for potential votes and will sell anyone's soul for a vote.
For it is clear that they will try to foist off a non human template as human for a vote.

For if it is non human...it can only come, from a Biblical sandpoint...from the Fallen.

For there are no female angels and certainly none among the fallen.

For those of you reading this ...who know the Word/Bible...you now know the name of the god of our leadership in this country (USA) and you now also know that they have switched gods and told no one they have done this.

Now you also know why their actions have been so strange and for so long in this country.

I can do this also in other avenues outside of sexuality to identify the trail of the fallen..but sexuality is prime among the Fallen and for anyone who has ever attempted to study this topic.

Hope this helps some of the Believers out here.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Did you just mistake a debate with me for an opportunity to start preaching? Because I don't care what the Bible says. I don't accept it as a valid source of information outside of studying ancient superstitions and what people believed in their time. Kind of like studying the Greek Pantheon.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

But how can anyone take what you say on religion seriously anymore? You lurk on every religious thread and troll the hell out of it. I see you on almost every religious thread posting your own personal opinion and everyone knows you're an ex catholic already. Yourself and a few others are on a personal, lurking vendetta on the religious forums

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

So because I post a dissenting religious opinion in many religious threads that means my points are invalid? Because that is the argument you are making and is rather ridiculous, not to mention very fallacious. Argue my points not my presence. This is a forum that welcomes ALL views in a debate. If you want an echo chamber singing "PRAISE THE LORD! BOO SCIENCE!" then go to one of any number of religious forums that plague the internet. They'll be happy to accommodate you. You can all wallow in ignorance together and celebrate holding science back.

Just fyi. My first post in this thread was disagreeing with the OP.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join