It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old man stuns a prankster for doing something to his Lambo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

There you go. He wasn't threatened. He wasn't scared. He was looking for payback. That's assault.

Still not mutually exclusive to your argument that he's looking for a confrontation; especially if we remember that these guys followed him there.
edit on 3/6/2015 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: VoidHawk
He wasn't attacked, and he clearly wasn't afraid, so where's the assault?

He's an old man surrounded by two "young punks" with a camera in a world where the knockout game exists - he could very well be terrified - yet prepared.

See my post above. He was looking for a confrontation. "Surrounded"? Please.

How is someone checking on people messing with his property "looking for confrontation?" The only people "looking for confrontation" were the "pranksters."

He could have just called the cops. Reasonable people do that.

And he was surrounded. How else do we have him facing off on one guy with one (or more) people off to the side to get the camera shot?

One(or more)? Now you are taking this beyond reality into the land of supposition.

And where did he tazer the guy? In the back as he was running away. Yeah. He was threatened.

Yes, "or more." Because you are viewing it just from the eyes of the camera and not of the citizen involved. He had two people either vandalizing his property or breaking in to his property. One was in front and the other was angling to the side. Of course that is a threat. One has to assume that people doing such things are up to no good.

Would you "just call the police" if someone was breaking into your car in your driveway? By the time they get there, the car is either gone or damaged and the police rarely find them.

The blame for being tazed rests solely on the idiot being tazed for making the choice to be a sheethead and, if this was the accepted norm, there would be less idiots out their screwing with other people.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

There you go. He wasn't threatened. He wasn't scared. He was looking for payback. That's assault.

Still not mutually exclusive to your argument that he's looking for a confrontation; especially if we remember that these guys followed him there.

Well said. Being followed to where you park is definitely an indication that those people are up to no good and definitely would cause a reasonable person to feel threatened.

If, as you said, assuming that the video was not staged in the first place

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
He wasn't attacked, and he clearly wasn't afraid, so where's the assault?

He's an old man surrounded by two "young punks" with a camera in a world where the knockout game exists - he could very well be terrified - yet prepared.

See my post above. He was looking for a confrontation. "Surrounded"? Please.

How is someone checking on people messing with his property "looking for confrontation?" The only people "looking for confrontation" were the "pranksters."

He could have just called the cops. Reasonable people do that.

And he was surrounded. How else do we have him facing off on one guy with one (or more) people off to the side to get the camera shot?

One(or more)? Now you are taking this beyond reality into the land of supposition.

And where did he tazer the guy? In the back as he was running away. Yeah. He was threatened.

Yes, "or more." Because you are viewing it just from the eyes of the camera and not of the citizen involved. He had two people either vandalizing his property or breaking in to his property. One was in front and the other was angling to the side. Of course that is a threat.

That wouldn't stand up in a court. Facts. Not supposition.

One has to assume that people doing such things are up to no good.

That's the problem. TOO MUCH ASSUMING.

Would you "just call the police" if someone was breaking into your car in your driveway?

Nope. I'd pound the # out of them and take my penalty. Being assault and all. However I wouldn't chase them either.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Well said. Being followed to where you park is definitely an indication that those people are up to no good and definitely would cause a reasonable person to feel threatened.

The old dude didn't know why they were there. They had to tell him that he cut them off. Thus he had NO idea that he was followed. Try again.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha
Regardless of what the pranksters did, what the car owner did is called assault.

Or it is a hard life lesson......Perspective is key. Maybe this idiot will remember the next time he wants to be a fool.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
some folks don't play, and if you ____ around with fire, your bound to be burned at least once if not more.
plus i'm not totally convinced the the old man wasn't part of the plan. the old man didn't seem to show enough disbelief or anger, and he seemed to be forcing the words and actions.

i'm thinking it was a scripted video designed for click bait.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

If the whole thing isn't a prank in the first place, to hell with the obvious prankster.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
blogs.findlaw.com... the legalities seem to not be relevant in this case mostly due to the guy getting tazerd declining to press charges

In this case, however, it doesn't appear that Styblo plans on pressing any charges. In fact, with the YouTube video of the incident at almost 5 million views, he might consider sending the man a thank-you card.

so old man dodges charges and car seems to be fine,prank guy gets a bunch of videos for his video and seems to be cool with it

i did notice that the pranksters seemed to say they were doing it because he "cut them off in traffic" i have no idea if this was the case or not but if they decided to follow this old man because of it to pull this prank in theory road rage charges could be on the table for them if this had gone to court and may explain why the pranksters didnt press charges .

following some one after a driving altercation and then messing with them in a prank makes the taser use seem a bit more rational if taken in that context
relevant law covering this kind of thing en.wikipedia.org...

In general, a private person is justified in using non-deadly force upon another if he reasonably believes that: (1) such other person is committing a felony, or a misdemeanor amounting to a breach of the peace; and (2) the force used is necessary to prevent further commission of the offense and to apprehend the offender. The force must be reasonable under the circumstances to restrain the individual arrested. This includes the nature of the offense and the amount of force required to overcome resistance

as another member pointed out the felony threshold for vandalism is pretty low(500 in some states) so all the old guy would have had to say is he was trying to apprehend what he viewed as a criminal who was attempting to flee the scene of what was perceived as a possible felony(not to hard to get to felony territory messing with a lambo that mirror probably costs more then my whole car)
edit on 6-3-2015 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

did you see this in your link, i guess i'm not the only one.

The driver's reaction may be somewhat understandable -- though some are wondering if the guy was in on the prank the whole time.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Speckle

Am I the only one that sees this as staged fake prank?

Nope.

The Lambo owner's reaction to the second guy running up and grabbing the taser makes it pretty obvious this is staged.

If you were in the middle of that and the second guy ran up to you screaming, you'd be expecting a fight... you wouldn't just walk away casually.
edit on 3/6/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Speckle

Simple...

don't be a moron and play pranks on others.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
That was a... crappy prank, if I may so.

Thanks, folks, I'll be here all night!

ASSUMING THIS WASN'T STAGED

Seriously, though, you are driving, you get to a supermarket (that's what it looked like to me?), buy some stuff... go back to your car and there's a random dude... ahem... pooping on it? When asked WHY, the guy says "you cut US off".

Now, I would've gotten their license plate and called the police.

But I can understand why he'd have felt threatened. He had no idea who "they" were (he only heard the guy saying "us"), he didn't know what they wanted to do (cause, uhm... if a guy is seriously using your car as a toilet in a public place, then what WON'T they do?) and their excuse was a random problem while they were driving?

I'd have been a bit freaked out, to be honest. Not enough to tase (is that a verb?) the dude, but yeah...

Either way, douches. Douches everywhere.

Remember, guys. Next time someone cuts you off on the road: honk at them, call them and their mothers all the names in the book and move on.
edit on 6/3/2015 by LukeDAP because: messed up code

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about the video including wondering if the whole thing isn't just staged for our amusement. However, in some states and foreign countries the use of this type of taser is considered assault with a deadly weapon and it carries some very stiff mandatory jail time for the offender. This type of taser while designed to incapacitate has been known to kill especially if the victim is under the influence of any type of drug, alcohol or has serious medical problems.

Most courts would not consider the fake poop as an excuse for the tasing and a personal injury lawyer would love this case. The scofflaw would wind up having to sell the Lambo to pay for his misdeeds. My best,

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
idiots...but in saying that the old bloke was lucky they were just pranksters otherwise he may spent quite some time recovering from the severe beating he would have received for firing off the tazer without being warranted

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join