It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old man stuns a prankster for doing something to his Lambo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Speckle

Am I the only one that sees this as staged fake prank?
No

It comes off incredibly fake because rather than do the more intelligent thing and run off, leaving the old man behind to eventually find the poop to be fake, they stick around and taunt him. It could still very well be real, and the two pranksters are just idiots: but how did they manage to follow the "aggressive" Lamborghini driver to where he was AND just so happen to have fake poop and a roll of toilet paper on them?

originally posted by: VoidHawk

An assualt requires one to feel threatened, clearly this guy had no fear, hence h wasnt assaulted.

Being threatened and not being afraid are not mutually exclusive, not to mention people react to fear in different ways.
edit on 3/6/2015 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha
Regardless of what the pranksters did, what the car owner did is called assault.

Depends on the state. In most states a citizen can use force to apprehend a felon. The yardstick of felony vandalism is pretty low, $500 in most places, and a paintjob on a Lambo is going to be a hell of a lot more than that.

Secondly, you view this from the eyes of the camera. You have to see it from the eyes of the citizen. He sees two guys vandalizing his property, they act erratically and come at him from two sides--he has reasonable concern for his safety and you would too in the exact same situation.

In summary, the moronic punks who think it is funny to harass strangers should stop.
edit on 6-3-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
a reply to: lonegurkha

A better idea is to not mess with strangers or you might get hurt...

Well said.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

a reply to: ShayneJUK

I would let my dog handle that.

Your dog could do more damage than a taser.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
a reply to: lonegurkha

and the dog is safer then the tazer how?

I can call off the dog before he removes the offending body part. Can't recall the taser now can you?

A dog is considered a lethal weapon if its trained to attack. Congrats you just committed assault.

Attempted murder in some places.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I can't see how this could be nothing but assault. He was in no way threatened. He came at them with speed. I'd wager that he was already getting whipped up to tazer someone.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

An assualt requires one to feel threatened, clearly this guy had no fear, hence h wasnt assaulted.

Being threatened and not being afraid are not mutually exclusive, not to mention people react to fear in different ways.

He wasn't attacked, and he clearly wasn't afraid, so where's the assault?

His motor was undamaged, and he didn't see how the object got onto his motor, yet he took the decision to ASSAULT the nearest person with a weapon!

I dont see that he has any defense!
edit on 6-3-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Look I'm not saying that the pranksters were right. I think they were idiots, but the violent reaction to what they did, that by the video anyway seems to have caused no damage to the guys car, Was a bit over the top. Seriously get their plate number and call the cops. Why take a chance on killing some one with a taser (people have died after being tasered now haven't they).

As for my dog he is not attack trained, but he will protect my property. That's what the beware of dog sign is for. And thanks for continuing the off topic nonsense.

edit on 3/6/2015 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

His motor was undamaged, and he didn't see how the object got onto his motor, yet he took the decision to ASSAULT the nearest person with a weapon!

I dont see that he has any defense!

But that's from your perception from watching the video, not from being there.

You are an elderly person. You see two people possibly vandalizing/breaking into your property. You come up to them and they spread out to surround you (one confronting from one angle and one filming from another (that we know...there could have been more). Logically there is a reasonable cause for concern.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

He's an old man surrounded by two "young punks" with a camera in a world where the knockout game exists - he could very well be terrified - yet prepared.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

Look I'm not saying that the pranksters were right. I think they were idiots, but the violent reaction to what they did, that by the video anyway seems to have caused no damage to the guys car, Was a bit over the top. Seriously get their plate number and call the cops. Why take a chance on killing some one with a taser (people have died after being tasered now haven't they).

Why permit people to vandalize your property or break in? Why sympathy for the guys who chose to go out of their way to antagonize a stranger? Or, perhaps it is one of those "evil rich guy" class warfare nonsense things.

It wasn't over the top. A guy witnesses several people vandalizing his property. He confronts them. Instead of backing down, they surround him (where do you think the video came from?) and he reacts to the threat. IMHO, a baseball bat to the grape would have been more appropriate.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

He's an old man surrounded by two "young punks" with a camera in a world where the knockout game exists - he could very well be terrified - yet prepared.

Well said. Star for you.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Is this real? Seems suspect.
They pranked the wrong guy I guess.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

See my post above. He was looking for a confrontation. "Surrounded"? Please.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

And if I saw someone vandalizing my hundred thousand dollar supercar, I'd be "looking for a confrontation" too.

I still think this is staged, though.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The pranksters here were dumb asses. Don't mess with someones ride.

The old man wasn't under any threat. The guy had his back to him and was walking away.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And if I saw someone vandalizing my hundred thousand dollar supercar, I'd be "looking for a confrontation" too.

There you go. He wasn't threatened. He wasn't scared. He was looking for payback. That's assault.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

How is someone checking on people messing with his property "looking for confrontation?" The only people "looking for confrontation" were the "pranksters."

And he was surrounded. How else do we have him facing off on one guy with one (or more) people off to the side to get the camera shot?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I agree with you. the guy with the camera was many feet away from him and the other guy was running away when he was shot in the back with the taser. Looks like assault to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

How is someone checking on people messing with his property "looking for confrontation?" The only people "looking for confrontation" were the "pranksters."

He could have just called the cops. Reasonable people do that.

And he was surrounded. How else do we have him facing off on one guy with one (or more) people off to the side to get the camera shot?

One(or more)? Now you are taking this beyond reality into the land of supposition.

And where did he tazer the guy? In the back as he was running away. Yeah. He was threatened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join