It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Companies Call Cameron's Bluff , Debates Will Go Ahead With or Without him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Great news just breaking that the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Sky News have stood up to Cameron and decided to forge ahead with the debates he's so scared of.
The only down side it that two of the debates will include seven parties with the final a shoot out between Cameron and Miliband , unless Cameron spits the dummy and chooses to boycot it then I guess he would be replaced with Cleggy ... either way it's a poke in the eye for Cameron.

Broadcasters have said plans for three TV debates before the general election will go ahead, despite David Cameron saying he will only take part in one.
Two of these are scheduled to include seven party leaders with a head-to-head between David Cameron and Ed Miliband.
The broadcasters have urged Mr Cameron to reconsider his decision only to appear in one seven-way encounter.

David Cameron has said he will not take part in the one-on-one encounter with Ed Miliband, which is due to take place on April 30, a week before the election.

The prime minister has said the negotiations over the debates has been "chaotic" and that his "final offer" is to appear in one debate before 30 March - alongside six other party leaders - ahead of the campaign.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I bet he's fuming.
The Election just got interesting.

edit on 6-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Dear Gortex, do you really still believe the illusion that politics provides while essentially solving none of the problems it was set out to do? Inherent corruption and cronyism, worrying personal and sexual traits, stories of darker things being held from the light? As a fellow member of a conspiracy site, do you really still vote and/or have any reasonable and/or logical expectation that the "promises" made to you when you cast your vote have any worth after the vote and or have any real effect or influence on future policy and decision-making regardless of the party you personally voted for?

Just wondering.
Yes, it's Friday... I've been drinking and am depressed. I will now however drink one more and become less depressed.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

do you really still believe the illusion that politics provides while essentially solving none of the problems it was set out to do?

No

do you really still vote and/or have any reasonable and/or logical expectation that the "promises" made to you when you cast your vote have any worth after the vote and or have any real effect or influence on future policy and decision-making regardless of the party you personally voted for?

Nope , I have voted in the past but will not vote again until they put a none of the above option on the ballot paper and those votes are counted.

I'm just happy that this will make Cameron unhappy , I hate them all but as he's a Tory I have a special kind of hate for "call me Dave" and his pals.

edit on 6-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It looks like Dave is sticking to his guns and will be empty chaired for two of the three debates.

Downing Street described the announcement as “disappointing”, and said it was willing to discuss the logistics of Cameron’s proposal to take part in one, seven-way debate before the campaign begins.

With neither side backing down, it appeared increasingly likely that Cameron would be “empty chaired”.
www.theguardian.com...

Nick Clegg tweeted this earlier

Come on @David_Cameron you haven't got your own way so accept it and take part.
twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
MAY I REMIND THE PEOPLE CHOOSING NOT TO VOTE, THAT MOST OF US DIDN'T VOTE LAST TIME SO THEY MADE A NEW JOINT PARTY AND TOLD US THIS WAS OUR GOVERMENT,,,,NO REVOTE

burn the polling station down ,i believe that would send the right message this time !!
edit on 6-3-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

We ended up with a coalition government which is what many other counties in Europe get , burning polling stations down would achieve nothing as they are nothing to do with governments.

I refuse to vote just for the sake of voting , no party in this country at the moment is deserving of my vote so I shall not vote for any of them.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Nick Clegg has this morning accused the Conservatives of arrogance over their attempt to "dictate the terms" of the leadership debates , Tories , arrogant , who would of thought it.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Where did this 'televised debate' thingy come from anyway?

Just crept in from nowhere.

Wait a minute, wait a minute.....I'm honing my psychic powers......

......was it from America?

Do we have a single, original idea left in these pathetic, overcrowded, foreigner-loving islands?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Where did this 'televised debate' thingy come from anyway?

They had been proposed for years but ironically it was David Cameron who started them , he challenged Gordon Brown in 08 because like a bully he knew Brown was week and that he would likely win , now the boot's on the other foot so he's turned chicken and decided to weasel his was out of it.

In Parliament in 2008, after the US presidential contest between Barack Obama and John McCain, David Cameron challenged Gordon Brown.
"There is no doubt that one of the reasons the American elections have caught people's imagination is because of the live television debates between the contenders," said Cameron. Didn't the prime minister agree that the time had come for such election debates in Britain?
news.bbc.co.uk...

Flashman doesn't have the guts for a fair fight , as he's shown for the last 5 years he likes to pick on the weak.

top topics

join