It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO YOU REMEMBER "Algore: "We Have Ten Years Left Before Earth Cooks""

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Why do you fault climate science for that? The reason that is, is the exact reason that 'debate' about this topic still exists. If oil and coal could actually be made (relatively cheaply at that) to not emit greenhouse gases, there would be no debate, everyone would agree that burning fossil fuels was warming the planet and praise themselves for fixing the problem.

Alas, we've only discovered that the only way to fix this is to stop burning fossil fuels so of course in big tobacco like fashion, we're left with policy makers choosing to side with fossil fuels, which of course means that alternatives have to be demonized along with science. Who would admit the problem and then refuse to do what's necessary to fix it?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Hi. I am in Southeastern Pennsylvania. It is March 6th and it was 3 degrees Fahrenheit this morning.
Al Gore promised me melted ice caps.
I hate Al Gore.

I want to go out into my back yard and pick tropical fruits from trees in December. Bring on your global warming, oh Manbearpig foe! It would save me about $2,400 in heating costs.

This shows climate is changing rapidly like predicted. Meanwhile in the Netherlands we havent had a decent winter since ages . While we are known for our cold winters.. It just shows climate is actually changing rapidly.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: butcherguy

Seriously, residential solar panels are an alternative. They work, I feel its vastly superior to solar farms and it keeps the "power" in the hands of the citizen.

they might be an alternative that helps a tiny bit. but solar panels aren't that great. one of the malls i go to recently installed 5,760 solar panels, that generate 1.5-MW. sounds great doesn't it? it sounds even better when they say "electricity generated by the solar panels can power 16,000 light fixtures, 59 escalators and 20 elevators". but here is the kicker. it only reduces the power consumption by 5%. sure it is saving them money and cutting down on electricity slightly. but it also shows just how ineffective and inefficient solar is at this currant time. this is a huge area of the mall buildings' roofs (aprox 25%), yet it only reduces electricity by 5%.

President Benigno Aquino and SM Prime president Hans Sy led the switch-on ceremony at the rooftop of SM North's multi-level car park, where the 5.760 solar panels are installed.

SM Supermalls president Annie Garcia said the 1.5-MW of electricity generated by the solar panels can power 16,000 light fixtures, 59 escalators and 20 elevators of SM North at the same time. This represents 5 percent of the mall's total electricity requirements.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatsup86

Hi. I am in Southeastern Pennsylvania. It is March 6th and it was 3 degrees Fahrenheit this morning.
Al Gore promised me melted ice caps.
I hate Al Gore.

I want to go out into my back yard and pick tropical fruits from trees in December. Bring on your global warming, oh Manbearpig foe! It would save me about $2,400 in heating costs.

This shows climate is changing rapidly like predicted. Meanwhile in the Netherlands we havent had a decent winter since ages . While we are known for our cold winters.. It just shows climate is actually changing rapidly.

We typically have cold winters in Pennsylvania, so this winter shows me more of the same.
I am speaking to AL Gore's prediction of warming.... we are not getting any of that warming here.
I want to buy a convertible car and drive it year round with the top down.
He promised me coastal cities full of liberals underwater..... the bastard.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And again, no he didn't... and even if it was true (it's not), so what? Is he a scientist? Nope.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

And again, no he didn't... and even if it was true (it's not), so what? Is he a scientist? Nope.

Go watch the fool's movie... it is pretty evident that he isn't a scientist. It isn't even evident that he finished grammar school.
So what if he isn't a scientist? The scientists are preaching doom.
Gimme summa Dat doom!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Do sea lions count? Link

Probably not, according to the quote from your link:

(On a call with reporters Wednesday, a NOAA climate expert said that they do not believe the stranding increase is tied to climate change.)

Do not believe but are not sure? Three years running...might be a cycle...might not.

The root cause of the crisis, officials believe, is the odd wind patterns that aren’t cooling the ocean like they normally do. They aren’t certain of what’s behind the lack of cold winds, but they believe the patterns are creating a ripple effect through the food chain. The sea lions, at the top of that chain, are signaling that bigger things may be amiss among the larger marine food web. “There are a lot of puzzles here that we’re trying to put together,” says Nate Mantua, a NOAA climatologist. “We don’t understand it. It’s a mystery.” Link

They're still figuring it out.

A maxed out population of Sea Lions could have more to do with the search for food than changing climate.

The mass strandings have not diminished the overall population of California sea lions, which has been thriving since becoming a protected species in the 1970s. Now around 300,000 in number, NOAA’s Melin says that another factor at work in the current crisis may be that the species is approaching its resource limit in the environment.
time.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Scientists are learning and conveying knowledge about our climate, doom is a bit off.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
DO YOU REMEMBER "Algore: "We Have Ten Years Left Before Earth Cooks""

Considering he never said that, no. I don't remember it. What he actually said is in my post on page one. Not that any of you care about the TRUTH, clearly. You'd rather listen to Rush spew his nonsense lies. But that's neither here nor there.

Ten Signs Climate Change is Happening

Carbon Dioxide Concentrations in the Atmosphere Are Increasing
The Hottest Decade on Record Keeps Changing

And no, the existence of a snowball or cold feet does not disprove that.

The Rate of Warming Is Unprecedented in at Least 11,000 Years
Arctic Sea Ice Is in a 'Death Spiral'
Greenland Is Losing Ice at an Accelerating Rate
Sea Level Is Rising

Go stick your head in the sand, but make sure it's still deep enough that you don't drown.

I'm embarrassed to be posting in this thread, so have fun in your denial!

Even if those assertions are all completely true, they do not prove that the warming is man made, that the net result will be bad, or that legislative action can fix it.

Extensive sea ice surrounding Antarctica during December 2013 made it even more formidable than usual to access the icy continent. It was in this challenging environment that the Australasian Antarctic Expedition aboard the Russian ship Akademik Shokalskiy became trapped by thick floes of ice in eastern Antarctica’s Commonwealth Bay while following the route navigated by explorer Sir Douglas Mawson a century ago.

The National Snow and Ice Data Center reported that sea ice extent around Antarctica was above average in December. It was the highest December average since 2007 and second highest overall in the satellite record. Throughout 2013, satellites observed record extents for both the annual summer minimum (February) and winter maximum (September).
www.climate.gov...

The Earth warmed out of the Little Ice Age. More warming is not unlikely.

The best defense against a climate change cataclysm is a productive and technologically advancing economy.

We need Laissez-Faire immediately to save the planet.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
I am curious.
Have you ever watched 'An Inconvenient Truth'?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Nope. I'd rather read science.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I believe Mr. Gore. He is so smart. After all, he did invent the interwebs...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join