It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused Rapist Dragged From Jail And Lynched By Indian Mob

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The mob overpowered security at Dimapur Central Prison in Nagaland on Thursday and seized the rape suspect, whom they also accused of being an illegal migrant from Bangladesh. They pelted him with stones and beat him to death, said police Constable Sunep Aier.

The man had been arrested on suspicion of raping a local woman on Feb. 24.

link to source

Im not one for violence but any type of rape deserves this type of treatment i understand that laws are in place here in the US that suck and allow people to get away with this... as far as india good for them i guess the people are tierd of the stupidity!!!!
edit on 6-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: typo

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Should have waited until he was actually CONVICTED, not just arrested on suspicion. You never know, he could have been innocent.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Understandable but that shows that that country takes allegations sierously i do not condone it but its intresting to see the weight other countries put on certain crimes.a reply to: MisterSpock

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yea mob rule is not a good thing...

Think of all the innocent people put to death in the USA even with years of appeals between conviction and death.

If we stone accused rapist... Not convicted I would guess that number jumps significantly.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Yes there is nothing like justice from a mob of people who accuse someone of rape and dish out punishment based on xenophobia...

If he was Indian, I'm quite sure they'd wait for proof.

Good for them?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I agree, it sounds more that because he was an immigrant they attacked him.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm just glad stuff like this doesn't happen (often at least) in my country. I might not have a brother now if it did. He was accused of rape by a girl who later admitted to making it all up!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ok so then your condoning rape??? You think justice systems work??? .. a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

edit on 6-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: none

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Im not one for violence but any type of rape deserves this type of treatment

You argue that a person accused of something should be killed by a mob.

Apparently civilization missed someone on this Earth.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Your twisting my words and baiting good try all i simply meant that some justice was being served but you can join me i guess theres two that civilization missed and i seem to be talking to the other one...a reply to: noeltrotsky

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

How does this actually help anyone?

Now the person ACCUSED is dead, and the victim will never see justice.

These people are guilty of murder, they're guilty of fundamentally damaging the justice system, and everyone involved in this needs to be arrested, charged and imprisoned if they are even to hope of preventing this from happening again.

You cannot selectively decide what the justice system is based on popular anger. This is not justice, it's barbarism.

I am just as angry about the situation in these countries and the sickening attitudes actually expressed by many of these men as the next sane person should be, but that is absolutely no excuse for taking the law and sh*tting all over it for some form of mob justice.

The guy was not even convicted of a crime, the evidence was not even presented, and he was not even given the opportunity to offer a defense. This was murder, and these people are no better than the rapist - whoever that might have been.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Condoning rape?

Or condemning mob justice without proof?

Please don't tell me to use logic, when you have used a highly illogical argument/accusation.

If he was guilty... Good for them...
If he was innocent... Those who felt they were righteous have joined the darkside...

I have no proof of either.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Ok so then your condoning rape??? You think justice systems work??? Come on use some logic Charlie your smarter than your acting... a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

This is ridiculous.

You're basically saying that the mere accusation is enough of an excuse to execute someone! Do you seriously not understand how outrageous an opinion this is?

Of course no one condones rape, and to suggest something like that is not only sickening it proves that you've already lost your own argument.

We have JUSTICE SYSTEMS for a reason. You don't get to go on hearsay and assumption and carry out an execution before the evidence has actually been presented. You are saying you think it's perfectly fine to murder someone because you think they might be guilty of a crime, and this is fundamentally abhorrent.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

So then lets turn some tables what if your WIFE,DAUGHTER, or Mother got raped would you stand idily by???

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

So then lets turn some tables what if your WIFE,DAUGHTER, or Mother got raped would you stand idly by?

T&Cs restrict most of the answers you would get for that question, seeing as we are not allowed to promote violence.

You'll have to use your imagination.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Even when the person has not actually been found guilty of any crime, and no process has been applied to assert whether he was actually guilty or not? Thats what you're saying. You're assuming guilt and justice be damned.

No, that's what you are saying, repeatedly.

So then lets turn some tables what if your WIFE,DAUGHTER, or Mother got raped would you stand idily by???

I would expect the JUSTICE SYSTEM to prove whether the accused did it, and then I would expect appropriate punishment.

This is how it works in civilized societies with a basis on the rule of law.

Mob justice based on belief, religion, race, nationality etc is BARBARISM more suited a couple of thousand years ago, and really no better than the barbarism of cults like ISIS.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So then lets turn some tables what if your WIFE,DAUGHTER, or Mother got raped would you stand idly by?

T&Cs restrict most of the answers you would get for that question, seeing as we are not allowed to promote violence.

You'll have to use your imagination.

So then now the mentality is fine... hmmm

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
when you listen to fools the mob rules.

being accused does not make one guilty.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No, not without tangible evidence it isn't.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Given you can write this sentence that contradicts itself so obviously I am completely unsurprised you can continue arguing the correctness of your position.

Let your Mom or Dad read your post and help explain the problem with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join