It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State militants bulldoze ancient Nimrud city

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Erasing history isn't exactly the best thing to do. But...did it not occur to anybody that Isis is pretty much destroying that which relates to Moloch? If that is true then I honestly cannot blame them because we do have a very serious problem with regards to child sacrifice. A 16-year-old girl was recently chopped up in Bristol and my instinct tells me that it was sacrificial. Even before the news came through, I already had the uneasy feeling that she had been dismembered...because I have a gift in knowing these things. I'm beginning to see another side of this conflict.

edit on 8-3-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In before the apologists justify/mitigate THIS atrocity because something similar happened when Americans were in Iraq.

Remember, we can't say anything about it because we've messed up in the past.

Religion of Peace.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_
If its true its bad but IS are not unique here. They are not the first to destroy stuff they don't like. Our governments have done it. The religions of the west have done it. Everything IS do, the west have done and far worse too.

Never mind, I didn't get in before the apologists.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Until I see video or photographic evidence, I'm holding on to the hope that this is just more propaganda for whatever reason...I just can't picture these clowns approaching the city with bulldozers and heavy machinery, as the article stated, and which are pretty darn slow-moving, and nobody stopping them.

Think about it. A specialized 'high-speed' bulldozer tops out at 18mph. Plus, they're open in the front. You could send as many people on bulldozers as you want towards me, and I could sit on a hill and take them out with my rifle all day long. This story had better be wrong.

I've you ever heard the phrase "so open minded that your brains are falling out"? That is exactly what you are doing here. You are so sure that this might be propaganda that you are dismissing all logic and reasoning. Why would a well established news source like Reuters manufacture propaganda of this magnitude? You are also trying to discredit an established newspaper because "bulldozers can't go faster than 18mph"... REALLY? That fact alone is enough to discredit a highly regarded newspaper because YOU THINK ISIS isn't a threat and that WE are waging a propaganda war on them?

I cannot believe your post even got that many stars.
edit on 8-3-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join