It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State militants bulldoze ancient Nimrud city

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Excellent explanation, honestly...I am unsure why I didn't arrive to that conclusion myself.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: greencmp

So this city has stood for two thousands years without problems surrounded by Islam...

Along come ISIS and all of a sudden it's definitely Islam's fault?

You're smarter than that, & you undoubtably know that.

Not a bad argument, there are possible explanations though.

Such as propaganda value, opportunity, etc.

Thank you, kindly.

My personal opinion is the destruction of history of educational value that doesn't fit their own religious/anti-theist(whichever you believe) Manifesto.

So some would argue that their religious beliefs have determined their facist agenda of destroying any religious history not attributed to their religion.
ie idols of the unbelievers (who no longer exist)

Or, some(like myself) would argue that this extremist anti-theist group would prefer a history that only highlights religious atrocity, rather than the marvellous things that is accredited to past/present religion.
ie wondrous achievements in architecture and culture.

In the end, the hows and whys should not matter, as long as we destroy them...
Because either way, the hows and whys will also be forgotten as future generations are sure to be indoctrinated by the victors (if ISIS become the victors that is).

I digress, my apologies.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
That's fair enough, but if there are calls for a UK funded scheme offering SA80's and boots to anyone who wishes to go fight ISIS I will be campaigning against it at every opportunity. That really is proxy war in a new dimension.
...and in any case, the next Conservative government would probably sanction the long term jobless on benefits if they refused the "Fight for what is right" option.
Nope, let Malaysia, Pakistan, Turkey, Iran, UAE, Kuwait, Jordan etc, all Islamic states with capable troops, deal with it, or do they (Sunni/Shia) all hate each other too much to agree to tackle Wahabi Islam?
It's nothing to do with me or anyone else of the 95% non-Muslims here in the UK, it is Islamic sectarianism.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: crazyewok

Excellent explanation, honestly...I am unsure why I didn't arrive to that conclusion myself.

At the end of the day we are still the same humans that existed in the dark ages.

There seems to be apart of human nature that wants to destroy.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'd buy that sectarian thing if, if, they hadn't killed Christians/Gays/Muslims and whoever else we aren't being told about, or who fits the list of targets...

But I dont.

I'd buy the sectarian thing if, if, I believed this was truly about Islam, rather than an extremist anti-theist & communistic entity destroying religion.

I do not equate this entity with Al Qaeda, Tekrik-i-Taliban or any other extremist Islamic group...

Too many "jihadist" contradictions, rather than misguided interpretations, to ever accept such a conclusion.

In my opinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
...it is only self identified Muslims fighting for 'Islamic State' though, only British Muslims going over there to fight for them, yet you say it is not a sectarian Islamic problem?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I never said there is no Muslims fighting for ISIS...

I'm talking about the overall end game.

Which is vastly un-Islamic.

& no, since they've killed Shia/Sunni and some of their own fighters for losing a little ground...

I don't believe it's sectarian at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think, slightly, that this will likely end with a Nuclear Warhead...

Of course uproar will halt that, but a little propaganda done the "right way" (not justified right, but correct right, as in manipulative enough) painting the innocent people who would be affected as being given a merciful end in a lesser evil could send this situation in that direction.

I see no other viable option on the table from a Western viewpoint...

That is dependent on the spread and growth of ISIS, & how far along the countdown to unstoppable with conventional means they become.
edit on 6-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I never said there is no Muslims fighting for ISIS...
How could you? Every person fighting for 'Islamic State' self identifies as a follower of Wahhabism which is a form of Islam originating in Saudi Arabia, and every one of them was either a Wahhabi, Shia, or Sunni before fighting for IS.
You trying to say any atheists or Christians are fighting for IS? How about Hindu's or Sikhs perhaps?
I have much respect for some of your posts Charlie but if you are arguing that 'Islamic State' is not a sectarian Islamic issue then I think you are being ridiculous.
It is something for the real Islamic states to sort out, not the UK, but you are free of course to go fight against them if you wish. The UK is only prosecuting those British Muslim traitors who go to fight for 'Islamic State'.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Guess what ISIS degenerates-

All of your genes pre date Islam-so how about you all go kill yourselves as you are made of DNA which pre dates your vile ideology.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I don't think nukes would be that efficient in wipping this ISIS virus out. You'd need to nuke every inch of Iraq and Syria, hence killing all inhabitants.

The ISIS scumbags need to be exterminated ASAP.
The first Jihad in history was fought against these sort of Khawarij scum. There is no place for them in this planet.

The dogs of hell.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Reaction from you is what ISIS want.

Isis purpose is to make you want to hunt them down, so you follow what the corrupt western and Sunni politicians wants you to do. To be behind a Sunni lead attack on Syria and Iraq. The same people who created ISIS want you to give support for what they want you to do. ISIS supported and created by US, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey. Following the Oded Yinon Plan it seems.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you do not get the Public to do what you want them to do. Create a problem that gives emotional response so you can sell the solution.

edit on 6-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
Indeed.
Sectarian Islamic violence, hatred and power struggles.
Nothing to do with the 95% non-Muslim people of the UK.
Let the Sunni's, Shia, and Wahhabi/Khawarij nations sort it out between themselves I say, they'll still sell us their oil.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just caught up with the news today and saw this - my freaking god!! What is wrong with these barbaric, destructive a-holes?
I honestly cannot believe this is happening in the 21st century, artifacts that have survived millennia and war and weather and God knows what else.
I know there is a lot of propaganda and I know we're only being told about this to fire us up into a war-ready rage HOWEVER these artifacts, monuments and ancient buildings are actually being destroyed.
This is our culture, our history & and our legacy.
It makes me so #ing angry - these animals are less than human, they don't deserve to even be in the presence of these great treasures, let alone destroy them.

I'm so pissed off right now.
Not pissed off and gullible enough to be duped into some bull# illegal war for financial gain, but I'm livid.
How many treasures have they already destroyed since the Buddha in 2001/2??
Must be thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands.

It's #ing appalling and I cannot stand it.

Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!

Assholes.

edit on 6-3-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If its true its bad but IS are not unique here. They are not the first to destroy stuff they don't like. Our governments have done it. The religions of the west have done it. Everything IS do, the west have done and far worse too.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Can you EVEN IMAGINE what these savages would do if they ever got to Egypt or Greece??!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Can't picture ISIS destroying the pyramids. I mean, you have to go there and see them in person to understand how big they really are. ISIS should consider making their capital there since that's where Isis the goddess came from.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
*posted in another thread before I saw this one*

I rarely post on ATS. I am also very much a peaceful person and in no way a warmonger. I do however feel that history and historical monuments are things to be cherished and protected. Hearing news of these events makes my blood boil and honestly, it must be stopped! I would support a full scale military incursion solely for the purpose of protecting such historical sites in the regions under threat from ISIS. Imagine if it was the great pyramids or the sphinx they were bulldozing! And the sites of ancient Mesopotamia are possibly of even greater significance to civilised history. Something must be done, even if we have to surround at risk sites with troops I regret to say.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If these barbaric savages, whom are a minority of the billions of Muslims in the world, are hijacking Islam, destroying Islamic culture & history, massacre innocents, mass execute, mass behead 'in the name' of Islam, when are the other billions of Muslims going to put their feet down??

Can someone explain why this is not happening? This should be the discussion and nothing else.
edit on 7-3-2015 by NYCUltra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
What a miserable species we are. If the day ever comes that we annihilate ourselves in a doomsday apocalypse of our own making, it will be a day to rejoice for the rest of the planet. Most everything we touch turns to sh-t. I would imagine that any living entity in this universe having actual intelligence would likely take a very dim view of us Earthly inhabitants. I doubt we’d be considered a welcome addition to the neighborhood.

We have just enough intelligence to be dangerous, but not enough to be wise and enlightened. We’re capable of rationalizing anything our minds can cook up and then assimilating it into our own private version of reality, regardless of how ridiculous and outlandish it is. Like the fools we are, we make up imaginary Gods and higher powers to justify our existence and to “tell us” what is right and what is wrong. Over time this crap becomes so ingrained in our thinking that we’re willing to kill in it’s name. Without questioning we will exterminate anything that’s contrary to the belief system we’ve conjured up in our own twisted imaginations. We are indeed a sick, misguided creature, and a true danger to all life on this planet.

In the case of my diseased mind, if I could snap my fingers and instantly commit the genocidal extermination of the groups ISIS and Boko Haram, I would likely do so. It would cause me considerable stress having to struggle with my own internal conflicts regarding what’s right and wrong, but still I would do it. They stand for many of the things I believe are unforgivingly wrong, immoral and evil in this world, and so I would turn them into a fine, red mist if it was in my power. Unlike their justification for committing mass murder, though, I wouldn’t do it while hiding behind some false, murderous, vengeful God of my delusional imagination.

We in America are fortunate to view all this from a safe, comfortable distance. It’s just a blip on the evening news, an occasional passing thought, and maybe a post on the ATS forum. But imagine what it would be like if ISIS suddenly took control of your community, going door to door raping, terrorizing and slaughtering your neighbors on a so-called “holy mission”. It’s unthinkable.

I wish I had an answer. Nukes isn’t an answer. I hate the idea of non-muslim/non-Islamic boots on the ground. I’m really not sure that anyone outside the Muslim/Islamic world should be fighting this. It seems to me that the more military force we apply, the more these groups emerge, and the stronger they get. You didn’t hear about ISIS before America invaded and desimated Iraq’s infrastructure, leaving the door wide open for radicalism to enter and thrive. Still, It strikes me that so many of the countries in the region are reluctant to enter the fray. Maybe they figure the U.S. created the problem, and so now we own it. In any case, there’s plenty of blame to go around.

Oh well, like I said at the start, who in this galaxy would want us as neighbors? We’re not a very smart or friendly bunch...

edit on 3/8/2015 by netbound because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join