It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Facebook rant lands US man in UAE jail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Another reason to avoid business/tourism with the UAE.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:19 AM
a reply to: Lysergic
Hell yeah, I've only ever passed through in transit at Abu Dhabi airport, no interest in visiting that place at all, or Saudi, Kuwait, Bahrain...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM

That is why at times it better to zip it & burn it. For our own sake.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:28 AM
a reply to: grainofsand

Ex-Pats do not live in gated communities in the UAE, you are getting mixed up with Saudi I think. The UAE is a very safe country as far as the Middle East goes.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:31 AM
a reply to: fossildog
I stand corrected, only going on what mates have told me. Still not interested going there myself even with the tax-free earnings...human rights issues tend to put me off countries.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:40 AM

Its called
NET (neutralization) Neutrality

a bag or other contrivance of strong thread or cord worked into an open, meshed fabric, for catching fish, birds, or other animals. (Unfortunately...We The People are the other animals)

a network of fine threads constructed by a spider from fluid secreted by its spinnerets, used to catch its prey.
synonyms: mesh, net, lattice, latticework, lacework, webbing; More
a filmy network spun by some insect larvae, especially communal caterpillars.
a complex system of interconnected elements, especially one perceived as a trap or danger.

Be sure to keep your .NET Framework up to date) Don't want them looking silly in the Criminal Just-U$ $Y$TEM before the high priest (Order of the Black Robe)
to construct by fitting and uniting the parts of the skeleton of (a structure)
a : plan, contrive
to devise falsely (as a criminal charge)
b : to contrive the evidence against (an innocent person) so that a verdict of guilty is assured
c : fix 7b
: to fit or adjust especially to something or for an end

Its a ZioVaticaNazi Trinity of Darkness basically

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:42 AM

Sounds like a good reason NOT to go to dubai or UAE or any one of those crap hole countries. I don't care how much money they spend on pretty buildings. I wouldn't step foot in any of those countries.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
Nothing surprising.

I'd say stay away from the Gulf. In Kuwait you can get deported and have your car, home and other valuable belongings taken away for a speeding offence. How nice is that?

And if you can't stay away from there, be extra careful.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:43 PM
What you lot are arguing about is semantics. let's put it in perspective. The man "said" the man "wrote" the man "posted". He DID NOT commit a physical crime. Are we moving into 1984 territory when we get arrested for thought crimes? Because technically that's what it was. If the man had physically tried to do something then that is another agenda, but he didn't.
By the same criteria they should have arrested those people who made the film about killing the North Korean leader but oops that was a film, make believe.
If they were to arrest everyone who "said" they were going to commit ANY crime there wouldn't be enough jails to hold them.
It is only justified because he is persecuted by a weird regime with weird laws, ooops I can't go there now I've said that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>