It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Alien franchise - ?What you would want to see in it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
One problem I have with Blomkamp is that his movie with message schtick is getting old. It was cool in District 9, but them it was just horrible in Elysium. By all accounts, he's back at it in Chappie. If the pattern continues, there will be the "message" hammer getting in the way of the alien action. The corporatist dystopia of the Alien franchise was message enough without Blokamp adding in his signature to really gob stuff up.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

That would make sense,I think.

But there needs to be some kind of variety of aliens-and many many more spaceships.

What if they went the direction of humans finding a couple of shattered Engineer ships in the asteroid belt (for story's sake,lol) l

Maybe they all died trying to contain a different kind of creature that isn't the normal Alien.

It appears that the Engineers really enjoyed toying with genetics-so they could really go in any direction-monster wise.

edit on 6-3-2015 by FalcoFan because: forgot a word

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

You beat me to the punch.

More xenomorph variations.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

You beat me to the punch.

More xenomorph variations.

It would be terrifying if they gained the ability of winged flight. Nightmarish dragons swooping from the skies.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Do ya'll remember the Alien action figures from like the 90's? They had all kinds of cool variations.

Aliens such as the Queen Alien, Bull Alien, Snake Alien, Rino Alien, Arachnid Alien, Gorilla Alien, ect... I used to collect them when I was in grade school. They were all really awesome. Those and they had different Predators as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

I forgot about those toys. I think plot wise it's possible to mix the DNA of the xenomorph with that of Earths insects and animals in some laboratory. Facehuggers would have trying time attaching to scorpions and spiders.

?Snakes on the other hand. *shivers*

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

As someone that has had frequent episodes of waking up thinking I'm covered in snakes (hasn't happened since I've been single,though,lol)-using snakes would probably be the scariest (imo) choice.

The problem with movies-especially with sequels seems to be that the people actually making the movies don't seem to be making the movies for the fans-no matter how much input they receive from fans-they just do their best to make the next one worse.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Need moar nuking from orbit.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
YES!! I love the movies and the comics!!
Bring on the Xenomorphs!!!

<< 1   >>

join