It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON case and photo Shelbyville MI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The description and photo relate to MUFON case 63751 as submitted on March 5 2015.

I personally thought this was more interesting than some of the points of light at night photos that we see plenty of. A fairly scant description though. I personally saw something similar to this object in the summer of 1978, cylindrical in shape, with a red light. I suppose it could be a helicopter, frustratingly we have no info as to distance or any movement of the object.

Submitters description -

"checking noises outside,looked up and seen lights in the sky,went in got camera and took pictures,this is what I seen."

Source

edit on 5-3-2015 by korkythecat because: missing source

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: korkythecat

Here's to hoping this pans out as legitimate!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You are right, the 4th picture is very interesting. I have no idea what that could be, the source photo needs analyzed by an expert.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Looks like a military helicopter of some kind to me. I see them all the time, here. Usually in groups of 3 or 4, but sometimes individually.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
More like a time lapse of jet liner at night. Dead give is the red beacon. If they had set the exposure for a little longer there would be two red blips, or three… stitching a blurry line across the stratosphere.

ETA: This one is more focused, illustrating the beacon 'stitch'…

edit on 6-3-2015 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
interesting pics. here's various filters on a close-up;

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: korkythecat

Weird question -

Did this occur in Shelbyville Michigan or Shelbyville Mississippi?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Mississippi

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If you link to your source, there is a newer report with simular pics, case #63761.

What ever it is it seems to be morphing in the same manner and they have more pics.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
More like a time lapse of jet liner at night. Dead give is the red beacon. If they had set the exposure for a little longer there would be two red blips, or three… stitching a blurry line across the stratosphere

After looking at the pictures again, I believe this is more likely than my earlier idea of it being a helicopter. Nice work!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Having lived in the flight path between L.A. and S.F. for 50+ years, I have never seen a jet liner look like this in time lapse photography. Can you explain further?

Looks like bamboo to me.

edit on 1425654687Friday31Fri, 06 Mar 2015 09:11:27 -0600amFriday1190931 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Having lived in the flight path between L.A. and S.F. for 50+ years, I have never seen a jet liner look like this in time lapse photography. Can you explain further

Hi Ultralight. Pretty much already did. If the exposure were longer there would be evenly spaced red dots in a blurry straight line (the blinking beacon).

But you can experiment if you have a camera. Tripod it, lock it down just in front of a hi flying airliner at night. Wait for the craft to pass in field of few and snap a time lapse pic, catching just one beacon flash in the shot.

It would take a while to set up, the jet should be leaving a visible contrail and the body of the craft should be defocused enough to appear invisible except for a streak of fuzziness.

If you live between big cities the city lights might not illuminate the contrail as well from below. Moon light might do it if your location is more remote.

Anyway, thats how I think they did it.

edit on 6-3-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

After looking at the pictures again, I believe this is more likely than my earlier idea of it being a helicopter.

I learned that about beacons here on another thread. But thanks for the nod.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I'm confused. Where are the wings, then? I think that's what Ultralight is asking. This looks nothing like a jet.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks
If you link to your source, there is a newer report with simular pics, case #63761.

What ever it is it seems to be morphing in the same manner and they have more pics.

Which relates to case 63757 - same location only five days earlier in Hebron, I wonder if it's the same submitter?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A: for those confused about how that shot looks like a jet, take a look at the other images associated with the case on the mufon site.. if it was a crisp clear shot it would be a very very interesting one, but that doesn't seem to be the case. the others all seem to be taken by a shaky hand on an exposure too long so there's a very very good chance the last is too [and also that handily explains why it doesn't look jet-like at all].

very upsetting. we are firmly in the "of course it was aliens" camp and do not enjoy the feel of contributing to debunkings.
but the truth is what matters.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Hey, Intrpr, thanks for the advice. As I indicated in an earlier post, I live near San Simeon, the very small town on the coast of Ca. In fact, one of its nearest towns has a population of 17 ! (Harmony, Ca). There are very few "city lights" here and, when the fog bank doesn't take over the entire county, you can see a beautiful crystal clear starlit night!

My husband is a professional photographer and I showed him your post. He agrees but also disagreed (not shocking because he does this with me ALL the time!). We will experiment with this further, at the same site this object was videoed, and will see if we can get similar result. If nothing else, it gets me out of the house.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mulder85

I'm confused. Where are the wings, then? I think that's what Ultralight is asking. This looks nothing like a jet.

Its night time…

Edit to add:

This doesn't 'look like' a jet either…
edit on 7-3-2015 by intrptr because: added link to image

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

We will experiment with this further…

Cool. Shouldn't be too difficult for your husband to obtain similar results. The ATS community might benefit…

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Will keep you posted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join