It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Imitation Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Really? Then how about a show of hands.

Who would like to see homosexuals either chemically castrated or go to jail?

Anyone?

Why would anyone want to do those things exactly??? There are so many removed posts I am having a hard time following the conversation.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It was in response to this:

Chemically castrated or jail.....disgusting.
I would like to say these things are behind us but I know many on ATS view gay folk as abnormal and would love for us all to take a social step backwards and do this type of thing again.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They took offense to this. That's pretty much the gist.
edit on 3/6/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ahhh....Thanx for that.

Boy did this thread take a turn for the weird huh???

Lot's of emotional stress around here lately dealing with certain topics.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Yeah some posters seem to be very emotional in those homosexuality threads lately.

As to who wants gay people jailed - one thing for sure is some pastors do want them jailed. They have and are trying to get laws passed.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

No, I took offense to that because I don't appreciate him insinuating that people such as myself (and most likely me personally) want to see gay people thrown in jail, or castrated, or harmed in any way whatsoever. I'm getting sick of not being able to express my views without someone screaming bigot.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Wow paranoid much?.
Not everything is about you.
Funny how you automatically thought I was talking about you...why is that?. Oh and to be clear nope I don't even remember you so....
edit on 6-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I read The Ultra Secret by Frederick William Winterbotham when it first was printed in 1974. As far as I know, this was the first public disclosure of the code crackers and explains how the Allied forces seemed to be in the right places at the right times. The propensity of the Nazi high command to micromanage from Berlin was a great advantage to the Allies. One time when this didn't happen was called the "Battle of the Bulge" and, most fortunately, Gen. Patton was able to respond in a timely fashion.
It should be noted that the US KL-7 had operating elements similar to the Enigma www.cryptomuseum.com... and was used until the early 1980's by some countries.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Interesting post, thanks.

The pics of the KL-7 bring to mind an aspect to 'The Imitation Game' I've been wondering about.

I think they used a genuine antique Enigma machine as a prop.

The patina looked more like 75 years old than seven and a half months.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Well after reading your post saying being gay is a sickness like pedophilia I wouldn't put it past you now.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yeah some posters seem to be very emotional in those homosexuality threads lately.

I'll say!

Anybody have anything to say about the movie?

The female BFF thing seemed very contrived, like it was part of an unwritten movie rule that, to be a hit, there must be a female co-star to provide general mass appeal.

I thought they did a good job with Turing's 'machine'.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I really enjoyed the Movie.
Yeah there was historical inaccuracy's but for a movie to be commercial they normally do it.
Heck at least they didn't attempt to re write the history of the enigma machine like that ruddy Uboat movie.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Psynic

I really enjoyed the Movie.
Yeah there was historical inaccuracy's but for a movie to be commercial they normally do it.
Heck at least they didn't attempt to re write the history of the enigma machine like that ruddy Uboat movie.

Funny you should mention U-Boats. That's another thing the Imitation Game got completely wrong.

Do you remember in the movie the pathetic model shots of the U-Boat "wolf pack" maneuvering underwater at night?

There's several of them together in a literal pack. Like a school of fish. Pitch black night, but the director inserts a model shot of what the uneducated would interpret "Wolf Pack" to mean. There can't be more than 100 feet between them.

U-boat tactics, in reality relied on a widely spaced grouping, 10 or more miles apart in order to cast a net wide enough to catch a zig-zagging convoy.

Imitation Game's version of U-boat warfare also included a means of underwater communication, which didn't actually exist. At one point the submerged 'pack' receive a signal and change course on cue in close proximity of each other, which could NOT have ever happened. One gets the impression since they're all in sight of each other, they can actually see! The truth is, beyond periscope depth, U-boats we're virtually blind, even in broad daylight and unable to use sonar in range of the enemy.

U-boat losses in WWII is a fascinating subject, largely due to the absence of survivors, records or witnesses. Many left port and were simply never heard from again. The sinkings that were recorded reflect the diverse perils U-boats could succumb to. Colliding with other U-boats in close proximity was one they obviously knew how to avoid.

The history of the war at sea is an important and compelling story which must be understood if we are to avoid repeating past mistakes.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

No, I took offense to that because I don't appreciate him insinuating that people such as myself (and most likely me personally) want to see gay people thrown in jail, or castrated, or harmed in any way whatsoever. I'm getting sick of not being able to express my views without someone screaming bigot.

Well ATS has terms and conditions for good reason

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Agreed, this is one example of the endless millions of atrocities commited by govrnemnts and religion against the millions of good men and women

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join