It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police killed more than twice as many people as reported by US government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It would seem that the FBI was a littles conservative when accounting the amount of kills the police had in the last decade, does this really surprise anyone at ATS?

As Obama calls for better data and Justice Department exposes Ferguson, trusted FBI count of ‘justifiable homicides’ omits 545 people per year in study

An average of 545 people killed by local and state law enforcement officers in the US went uncounted in the country’s most authoritative crime statistics every year for almost a decade, according to a report released on Tuesday. The first-ever attempt by US record-keepers to estimate the number of uncounted “law enforcement homicides” exposed previous official tallies as capturing less than half of the real picture. The new estimate – an average of 928 people killed by police annually over eight recent years, compared to 383 in published FBI data – amounted to a more glaring admission than ever before of the government’s failure to track how many people police kill.

source

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have a feeling that even the real numbers"" are cooked as well im sure its higher,..a reply to: AlaskanDad

link #1

link #2

thinkprogress.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link #3

Wr can go at it for days its getting worse and nothing is being done

edit on 5-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Ok. Not really a surprise.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I think if we saw the number of cops who 'victimize' regular citizens per you it would make you sick. False arrests, shooting pets, planting evidence, shooting guys sitting on their porch, beating their spouses.

Sheesh. Good post and link. S&F

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Sad because most police officers are decent! but The bad apples make the whole force look bad.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Stylez1 because: edit

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stylez1

Sad because most police officers are decent! but The bad apples make the whole force look bad.

Certainly there are some decent cops. Here in Australia quite a few have become decent politicians, perhaps in frustration that the decent ones are not so much the majority as you suggest.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

It seems like there has definitely been a public awakening surrounding scrutinizing the government and authorities. It's beginning.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If the majority of police were good, the majority would speak out about the bad ones and police brutality cases might actually have an affect.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

more people die every year because they encounter a police officer than any other singular reason. its worse than cancer. police are worse than cancer.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Nothing is being done because we are doing nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I definitely agree with you here. I've always wondered how PO stick up for each other when their fellow officers violate and unjustly murder people. I'm assuming its the backlash they fear, The police force has the feel of a gang type mentality within it. Its a systemic thing that needs to be dealt with from the top down.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: ATF1886

Nothing is being done because we are doing nothing.

This is exactly the problem. Nothing is being done to make things better and to ensure our rights aren't being trampled on left and right because no one is doing anything about it, nor are they holding those in higher offices responsible either and all the while things continue to grow out of control.

People say to vote for change, however, I am at the point that I don't know if my vote actually counts for anything anymore. It's sad, what the USA has become and the fact that it is only going to probably get worse...

When someone out there gets a following or a voice, they are usually quickly and quietly put in their place...Too many people tuned into their smart phones, tuned out to what is really going on and many are lacking the nerve to do a thing about any of it out of fear of what "they" can do to you...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Old link but a compilation of videos.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

i know lots of cops and they speak out about bad judgement on the part of police all the time. my next door neighbor and across the street neighbor are Patrolman. they are good guys. dont beat their wives and are good fathers.

What we have going on right now is an agenda to get conservative sheriffs out of power. most of these cases concerning bad police are from areas with conservative sheriffs. It is in the best interest of the left to remove these people so that crime can run rampant and the districts and counties can open up for illegals and lower class to sway local elections and effect national elections. most of the instances are being hyped up in swing states. the DOJ has spent hundreds of thousands going after our sheriff because he is a tea party supporter. case after case gets thrown out and he continues to win re-election by landslides. seems like every day there is a new accusation.

Not to say there are not some bad LE out there. i have just never run into them. Jerkoffs yes, rude yes.... most are pretty cool though. There are a lot of LE out there now most of which do not like the feds and the feds know it. Its probably a big reason we dont have things like gun confiscation yet.

I love cops though. call them sir, act like an adult, and give them some respect and they dont seem to pose much of a threat. act like a jerk and piss them off you take your chances like anyone else. People these days seem to think you can just disrespect anyone and they will bend over for you.... LOL. Then wine about it when people get slapped around.

Let me tell you guys something. almost anytime you talk to police you can be arrested if they want to. they will just call it obstruction and throw the cuffs on you. Doesnt mean it will stick but whatever.

My suggestion is to just stay away from them and if you do have to confront them act like your over the age of 12. talk clearly and answer them with sir or mam. dont argue. If your doing something illegal get a lawyer before you open your mouth.

I dont worry about bad cops nearly as much as I worry about criminals. I wish my neighborhood was all cops to be honest. They dont like criminals though....that is true. This includes illegal aliens, politicians, crackheads, people with long records of criminal activity etc. etc. i also would not want that job. To deal with the scum of society on a daily basis as part of your job description is not appealing of your typical person. I myself stay far away from it.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I dont worry about bad cops nearly as much as I worry about criminals. I wish my neighborhood was all cops to be honest. They dont like criminals though....that is true. This includes illegal aliens, politicians, crackheads, people with long records of criminal activity etc. etc. i also would not want that job. To deal with the scum of society on a daily basis as part of your job description is not appealing of your typical person. I myself stay far away from it.

Unfortunately, we're all criminals just waiting to happen. They pass new insane laws every day- once we're all in violation of the law all the time, it's as simple as deciding they don't like the look on your face to put you away.

Only crime I have trouble with is petty theft- dumb kids breaking into cars and taking things I leave laying about- or taking things from my property.
I've reported over $5,000 in property theft in the five years I've lived here, and never gotten so much as a call back from the police...
yet I've been singled out and ticketed by the police for doing nothing out of the ordinary on several occasions in that same time frame. (Hint: drive a truck with a decent paintjob and they won't look twice at you)

You are a criminal- and if you're unlucky enough to get singled out, you might get shot for it. Don't forget that.

new topics

top topics

join