It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country Artist’s Conservative Anthem ‘The Most Controversial Song of the Year’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is a really catchy tune and pretty poignant as well. Enjoy!

Here’s a taste of the lyrics:

Mr. stick-head politician, I got some news for you

If you wan’t to come, tryin’ to take my gun, son you better be bulletproof

And don’t try to tell my children when and where to pray

We ain’t that far gone, we’re still standing on the land of the free and the home of the brave

However, one line in the song about a “Muslim church” is sure to spark some controversy:

No, I won’t push one for English, I just as soon hang up the phone

If you wanna serve in a Muslim church, go and take your ass back home

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am by no means a fan of country music...just not my style however some is pretty good live...but I say god damn if that ain't a song I could get behind for number 1 on billboard. Someone get this man into the studio to lay this down on tape!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Love it man its deep. Hes speakin his mind and now 3,2,1 here come the muslim defenders and tree huggin hippes to say everything wrong with this video...a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hm. Well, I have to say he has a clever turn of phrase as a songwriter, even though there are many lines in his lyrics that leave me feeling like its a talking points bulletin for the Blaze. He is obviously emotionally speaking every line of this song, and truly feels it. It is a genuine performance.

I 100% disagree with a few of those lines and find them very telling in terms of taking a certain demographic's political temperature. Specifically, the idea that the 1st Amendment rights he enjoys and wants to protect for his children, when it comes to other religions in America (namely Islam) are somehow null and void 'cause ISIS/9-11...I could go on, but why bother. Muslim's should also have the right to pray anywhere they want then, if that's what he wants for his kids...that sort of thing...

Pissed off Red Necks, indeed. That is what Huckabee is hoping to play into in a big way in the coming election. Who knows, this guy may end up at some major R rallies... Though I think "Proud to be an American..." is still the safer bet.

peace,
AB
edit on 5-3-2015 by AboveBoard because: stuff

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
WOuld also make an awsome rap song, seriously

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

America! Where we have the wonderful and flexible freedom to speak any language we want, carry any firearm we want, and speak any language we want.

As long as it's a gun in a Christian church that speaks English.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Love it man its deep. Hes speakin his mind and now 3,2,1 here come the muslim defenders and tree huggin hippes to say everything wrong with this video...a reply to: Metallicus

You mean the Muslim defenders and the tree hugging hippies that point out something called Freedom of Religion? Not just freedom of the Christian Religion. I guess daddy forgot to tell him that when they were on their way to the church of prayin and preachin. Was the word mosque too hard for him because Muslim church just sounds stupid.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yet again we have an uneducated red neck spouting nonsense, and the other red necks rally around because they don't know any better. I was raised around county music, and these kinds of people. It all makes me sad for humanity.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Was the word mosque too hard for him because Muslim church just sounds stupid.

He was going for the sound of "serve" and "church" - same vowel sound. It's a songwriter thing. Mosque is admittedly harder to rhyme and didn't fit as easily with the flow of the lyric.

Not defending the content or the inaccuracy, but as someone who has written songs, I get why he made that choice - his audience will understand and accuracy isn't as important as the flow of the line or the emotion. I would never use that and would not put mosque in a position of needing an internal or overt rhyme, but that's just me...

If I look at the talking points, I disagree with many of the things he is saying, but not everything. AND there were a couple of things he didn't say that are also illuminating. That actually gives me a glimmer of hope. A faint glimmer, but its there nonetheless. But what do I know, right? Obviously I'm a tree-hugging hippie!!! lol!!!!

- AB

edit on 5-3-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think its pretty boring, not a new sound at all.
Not even Blake would turn his chair on the Voice.

As for the stupid lyrics...
"And don’t try to tell my children when and where to pray "
is exactly what he is trying to tell someone not of his christian faith to do, hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think its a total shame that he's not getting all this attention for THIS song...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Aw Zazz... you are making me sound like the NICE judge on Idol or something... lol!

It's not original in its sound, this is true. It is unconsciously and righteously hypocritical in the freedom of religion aspect, as I mentioned above, but in softer terms.

In going through the talking points, he wants corporations to bring jobs home to America. Ok. He wants sick people to be able to have access to marijuana. Ok. Heck, the fact that I am ok with a few things he's saying is an absolute revelation to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

*shrugs* I'd pay to not have that song on my play list. Its just a lame tune and the lyrics i don't like them. I think there are better ways to express and act than him.

Call me the bad guy judge with the high pants. Whats his name again?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

You be Simon.... The judge who was most often correct and told it like it was, I must say.

I'm being kind. To me - I can see how a song like that, the roots of every talking-point line, point out the fears and differences someone in his demographic has, while on the outside, he's acting all tough and "making a statement of belief." It is just...anyway. I got a lot more out of it than what he was actually saying...

Enough. If I keep posting in this thread my karma will be down to zero! lol!

peace,
AB

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

lol OK.

Yeah , sounds right I'd be the most hated, but make the most money and success by finding the Kelly Clarksons and the One Directions

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I appreciate all the responses.

I really like the tune and I like the fact it isn't at all PC. Music has always been used to express that which can't be spoken or is out of favor.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
well he just made himself a target. He has Guts or is extremely stupid.

probably not stupid though. most stupid people cant wright songs well and he seems to have a fan base building rapidly. seems like a pretty good guy regardless of people agreeing with him or not. i am sure a media campaign to marginalize him is in effect as we speak.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I must say if this was the anthem of the political ideology I identified with, I would definitely have second thoughts

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
As for the stupid lyrics...
"And don’t try to tell my children when and where to pray "
is exactly what he is trying to tell someone not of his christian faith to do, hypocrite.

And since when has ANYONE told ANYONE when and where to pray??? Anyone can pray anywhere and anytime they want!

As a strong supporter of free exercise of religion, freedom to own firearms, and freedom of speech (including the freedom to speak whatever language one chooses), this is a stupid song with an anti-freedom, fascist bent... and it's decidedly un-American! What an idiot!

edit on 3/6/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join