It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, Politics and God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Shhh please...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I guess that means there are no moral absolutes.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say there are moral absolutes, I don't think it needs to be as whimsical as some view moral relativism to be. I think it can be objective... yet it might grow alongside the growth of society. Call it a middle ground between the two ideas. Another insert of Sam Harris from me. His Ted Talk was all related to this:

edit on 5-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim
compose yourself please... show some of those morals that the atheists are superior in.

I am curious to IQ levels now, I think everyone should have a rating in their bio or displayed under their profile image.

That way we will all know who is fit to rule, and who is even worth talking to.

boymonkey isn't an atheist. You must've missed the part of his first post where he said he believed in a God. What were you saying about IQ?

edit on 3-5-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I am curious to IQ levels now, I think everyone should have a rating in their bio or displayed under their profile image.

You want to know my IQ? Okay.

Why is it so hard for you to address the actual content of posts and refrain from personal attacks?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yeah my Monkey God has been re discovered recently...The time of the monkey is nearer.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yeah my Monkey God has been re discovered recently...The time of the monkey is nearer.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Awesome, a TedTalk! I haven't seen one of those in awhile.

I've honestly never thought a lot about morals or where they come from and how the develop. Until I came to ATS and saw a few threads in this section about it that is. I am an atheist but was raised a Christian so a lot of my moral standards come from the teachings of Jesus. Do unto others and such. I don't see them as divinely inspired, nor original to Christianity. They are kind of no brainers to me, for a productive society and culture.

Anyway, thanks for the vid. Watching it now.

edit on 3-5-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Folks...

This conversation got the better of me. I've said things that I truly felt, but that I am not proud of.

I should have ignored this conversation from the start. As someone suggested, it does seem as though the OP was looking to stir sh&t and generally do what a troll does. Being human, I fell for it.

I'm going to leave this conversation without looking back. But I'm going to say one thing.

The views of the OP are simply disgusting, and it sullies the good names of people I count as dear friends.

Enjoy your myopic view of the world and reality.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh so Ray Comfort was half right.

The banana was designed by God.

Just not his!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Is your OP spurred because an atheist made you look foolish in some thread?

That is how it read.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Now we just need someone to affirm the Crocoduck!

Anyway, thanks for the vid. Watching it now.

Right on! Be curious what your thoughts were. I'm more or less in agreement with its entirety. Either way it was presented pretty darn well.

Do unto others and such. I don't see them as divinely inspired, nor original to Christianity.

Certainly. Divine inspiration and originality aside, there is good morality to be found in scripture. Unfortunately you have to separate much wheat from the chaff to find it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Oh you may all scoff but does anyone remember the religion I attempted to make on ATS but it was banned?.
When the name of the monkey god is revealed I will make many more monkey followers.

Mahahaha OOoooh Ahhhh Ahhhh AAAAA! (evil monkey laugh to fade).

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wow I have no idea how the hell you managed to twist my comment around like that but i'll tip my hat to you for doing it.

I guess you missed the second paragraph regarding judgmental behaviour? Not surprised because I knew it would go over your head and you'd respond with your air of superiority and your moral indignation. So predictable and so easily provoked! But hey if there's one thing about fundamentalist Christians it's their self-righteous indignation and inability to conceptualize or accept other philosophies and beliefs.

Hmmm! I wonder how true to your religious convictions you really are. I suppose you've never broken a commandment or maybe bent the rules a bit once or twice in your life? No of course not otherwise how could you stand above the masses and claim you are worthy of Gods love and consideration.

No, don't bother replying they're also trick questions.

I'm sure you're a sweet person and caring wife and mother and I wish you well. Namaste.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Is that the White Monkey God? Because if it is I'll be your follower as soon as you clear out all of that jungle and turn that tropical paradise into a Hedonists heaven on Earth. Hell what am I saying lets grab some machetes and a case of bug repellent and get down there and starting hacking away the vegetation.

P.S. I know some really hot chicks that rock itsy bitsy bikinis.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

It is...
Gonna start my religion tmr
Or rediscover the Old one and then they can't delete it because it is a real religion

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Now we just need someone to affirm the Crocoduck!

Man I love Ray Comfort! I actually saw one of his videos where he challenged atheists to find contradictions in the Bible that he couldn't explain. He bet them 100 dollars. His explanations were all along the lines of, "this was written from one person's perspective, and that, another person's. At the end he lost the money. Not because he couldn't explain something away though. But because he didn't believe there was a contradiction but was shown wrong. Lol.. Ray Comfort. As for Crocoducks, the closest he will ever get are pelagornithids.

Right on! Be curious what your thoughts were. I'm more or less in agreement with its entirety. Either way it was presented pretty darn well.

I pretty much feel the same way. He is an excellent speaker too. This was only the second or third talk I've seen him give. The other I can recall was in regards to using the label atheist.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Was it posted last summer?

I remember a thread called something like,

"So I'm thinking of forming my own religion"

But I don't recall it being one of yours.

Why did ATS ban it?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I thought the OP had some fair points until he mentioned * Liberal Brainwashing* ( Faceplam)

What are you? a "Democrat?"

Feel pretty powerful with your vote slip huh. Ready to change the world as it were?

Sing along with me * I'v got a golden ticket....*
edit on pm30000003115Thu, 05 Mar 2015 23:17:02 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Cos they said Iam just doing it to wind people up lol.
When I really would like there to be a Monkey religion.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Well as you may know there are various monkey Gods and deities. Such as Hanuman of the Hindu pantheon. And apparently among the Mayans there were Howler Monkey Gods. Probably not what you meant by a monkey religion, but at least our monkey friends are getting some representation.

edit on 3-5-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: format

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join