It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, Politics and God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

There are so many things I can point out that are wrong here. So are you saying homosexuals SHOULD be oppressed? And we are just too unlucky to have "separation of church and state" (which honestly isn't entirely true)?

Since when has this been a politically atheistic nation? Holy cow all of the religious creepers in the hills have come out today...

Here's some food for thought..."God" made us in "his" image. So why did "God" make me an Atheist? After all, we are all BORN Atheist and forced into religion at a young age. Since you guys make so much sense, also explain to me why it's better I was born into an unconstitutionally Christian country while all those other poor saps were born into Islam or Judaism? Please....go on.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Alright well since you created your account a few days ago and this is your first post...I'm thinking you are a current active member in disguise trolling ATS to get a rise from people...your post about heavy metal deviates from your OP and furthers my suspicions...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

Nice ad hominem and obfuscation from your original claim of extremists are the problem...
Extremists atheists yes, without a doubt

Fancy...

No, not sunshine... That's sunshine!

I love the holier than thou attitude of "yes I do think they're hallucinations"...

Even though you didn't have the experience I did?

How can you be so sure it even fell under the bracket of hallucination?

Instead of a dream?

Or delusion?

Now you will say "well it was one of the three"...

& I'll say Salam.

BTW... When did I ever say I was "going to heaven"...

You clearly spend too much time arguing with fundamentalist Christians...

You're a little out of your depth with this Muslim, respectfully speaking.

Again... Salam.
edit on 5-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If you buy the conspiracy, the highest echelon in TPTB are Satanists. It's a super-secret Satanic Cabal.

Of course, the funny thing about the angry atheists is that they claim to be just as moral as Christians and tend to measure that by Christian standards when they make their proofs.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Today, Christians are no more or less moral than anyone else.

that is something you will have to ask a Christian, you might know more about them than me?

all I know is from observation, in reality and in this universe of the web.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

originally posted by: nullafides

WAAAAY TOO COOL!

You figured out a way to lump people who disagree with your religious view of things into a group of boogeymen.

YEAY for you!

I understand... you don't like my music. I know Heavy Metal is not for everyone.

Hey, don't want your religious asshat "religious" values challenged? Don't put them out there in an asshat manner.

You choose to believe in an invisible guy up in the clouds who threatens you with hell but SWEARS he loves you...go right on ahead....

Don't darken my doorstep with such crap.
edit on 5-3-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't care what religion you belong to. You're human. How can you be so sure your "experience" was real at all? The burden of proof lies on you brother. The "extremist" in me comes out when you are practically saying I'm clearly not "worthy" of such experiences. I mean what other reason would there be? Go ahead and justify it as if I'm outright rejecting "experiences" and shrugging them off or because I'm just a naughty Atheist who is doomed to a hellish eternity. I've heard it all before.

Why are you Muslim? Why not experience all other religions? What makes yours superior? Religion segregates people, flat out. You don't have to say you're going to heaven. And if you don't believe you are then what's the point of believing at all? Alright I'm out of "depth", please explain to me what I'm missing out on? The religious treat non-believers as if they're the nerd who got picked last for the dodge ball team.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Today, Christians are no more or less moral than anyone else.

that is something you will have to ask a Christian, you might know more about them than me?

all I know is from observation, in reality and in this universe of the web.

So, you're not a Christian™, but you're a smug theist who refuses to self identify.

Out, out of the closet with you!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond

Alright well since you created your account a few days ago and this is your first post...I'm thinking you are a current active member in disguise trolling ATS to get a rise from people...your post about heavy metal deviates from your OP and furthers my suspicions...

Homosexuality is against nature, that which we derive our "Just" laws from...

I have no issues with homosexuality if it stays behind closed doors and on private property.

I have not been visiting here in years, the password recovery never emailed me my reset.

I would love to have my original account back as I stepped away of my own free will...(busy in life)

edit on 5-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Im just saying that Christians have the bible to guide their individual lives. Until God comes to earth and establishes His kingdom, it is wrong to legislate morality. In ancient Israel's day, they had the manifested glory at the Ark of the Covenant to rectify their Law, but no such system exists today, therefore, Christians are to conform to the laws of the nation they live in until God personally sets the record straight. We are not given the authority to usurp legal power.

We are supposed to be a secular nation, meaning church should not influence state, but obviously that boundry has not been respected.

God didnt make you an atheist. That was your choice.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Religion is against God.
I have no problem If people do religion behind closed doors and on private property.

BTW homosexuality isn't against nature at all.....it is natural for some to be gay.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Not unlike it was your choice to emphasize BELIEVER in your forum name.

Perhaps compensating for an internal struggle in belief?

Nahhh.........

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You clearly do care what my Faith is, because you're adamant to keep saying I'm hallucinating when you have not had the experience I've had...

How can you not understand that?

That's like me trying to tell you what you've been thinking in your brain all night, when I hadn't the slightest clue.

So please refrain from telling me what has happened in my Life when we have never met.
You have no idea.

& no, a resounding NO... as much as you wish the burden of proof lies with me...

I'm afraid to inform you my relationship with Allah and His Angels is my own...

So I have no burden of proof to appease anyone.

The "extremist" in me comes out when you are practically saying I'm clearly not "worthy" of such experiences. I mean what other reason would there be? Go ahead and justify it as if I'm outright rejecting "experiences" and shrugging them off or because I'm just a naughty Atheist who is doomed to a hellish eternity. I've heard it all before.

You're addressing someone else now surely, because I never said any such thing...
Subtly or otherwise.

Alright I'm out of "depth", please explain to me what I'm missing out on?

Seeing as a relationship with the creator is personal...
I haven't the slightest clue what you're missing out on...

Secondly, of course I believe in heaven...
But I am not so self absorbed in my own s# that I know for a fact that's where I'm going...

You are also out of your depth because you have been using specious arguments about sunshine, and berating Christian doctrine to argue against me, when I'm a Muslim...

Please stop now.
This is tiresome.

Salam.
edit on 5-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I have no issues with homosexuality behind closed doors and on private property.

I have not been visiting here in years, the password recovery never emailed me my reset.

I would love to have my original account back as I stepped away of my own free will. (busy in life)

Because, you know, lower animal life than we humans never engage in homosexuality.....

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior

So...wait a second...WAIT one damned second..........

Are you implying that ANIMALS are defying god? Are you implying there is a HELL for lowly animals?
edit on 5-3-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I will give observers a tip though...

This section almost go shut down lol

Logic doesn't go over well in a pit of lies...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I have no issues with homosexuality if it stays behind closed doors and on private property.

I would love to have my original account back as I stepped away of my own free will...(busy in life)

So....god has it in for dolphins....

No wonder I don't believe in "Him"...... he's clearly a jerk...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Not unlike it was your choice to emphasize BELIEVER in your forum name.

Perhaps compensating for an internal struggle in belief?

Nahhh.........

No, i couldnt put a "dash" between 'believer' and 'priest', so I capitalized 'believer' because my faith makes me a priest. I prefered "believer-priest", but thanks for the psych analysis, you almost had me thinking.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

What are you on about??.
The forum almost got shut down? why?.
You talk logic while bleating about religion and god?.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Logic doesn't go over well in a pit of lies...

Then WTF are you doing here?

Because what your claiming is logic clearly is pablum....and well, if this is a pit of lies....maybe you're just as full of it as the rest of us "heathens" ?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It wasn't a question.

It was an observation. If you aren't a Christian, replace that part of my observation with whatever religion or viewpoint you identify with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join