It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Lawmaker Suggests Wolves Could Help Get Rid Of Homeless People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Wait... Just think about it.... I'm starting to like that idea.... Maybe he is saying that people might actually take an interest in their lives if death was the other option...kind of like not too long ago when if you choose to not work or care for yourself you kind of starved.

It makes alot of sense but unfortunately there are some that cannot help themselves there are some that truly you cannot help...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The Government actually causes some homelessness by land tax. I heard on the radio once that over half the US people are 2 to 3 pay checks away from being homeless.

If you have a paid for house you can't keep it if you can't pay Uncle Sam's land tax. One could survive without gas and electricity for a while but without a home he/she'll be looking for a bridge to sleep under.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Homelessness is an epidemic in the US and needs intervention there is enough land and houses to house all americans in houses its our own greed thats killing us...a reply to: Voyager1

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Vague memory... Wasn't there a town in Texas I think that was housing the homeless and assisting with job training to combat abandoned homes and the homeless.

(might of been elsewhere have a hangover today.)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Same boat here lol umm... they should do it all over the world have the homeless work to vuild communities of houses not tents...a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So the Huffington Post takes a quote, from a Republican, out of context and hypes it up. What else is new? When you go and look at the old folk stories like "Little Red Riding Hood" and "The Three Pigs", there was a reason that the bad guy was a wolf.
In Russia, the government employed professional wolf hunters until the 1970s.

It may have been a poor choice of words to make a point, but, these wolves are getting to be like alligators were a few years ago. They've been protected for so long that they have made a come back, now they are getting to be danger to people and livestock and nothing can be done because of their protected status.

I remember a man in Florida going to jail because he killed an alligator that had grabbed his four year old son by the leg and was dragging him toward a pond. "We understand your need to save your kid, but, that gator is protected."

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1
I heard on the radio once that over half the US people are 2 to 3 pay checks away from being homeless.

But this is not so simple as some make it out to be.

It's about income inequality, over extending yourself, opportunity and so on.

How many of those people living 2 to 3 pay checks away from homelessness have a massive house they shouldn't have been able to afford? How many of them have a second car they don't need? How many of them are putting money into their kids college fund for their kid to end up with nothing to show for it at the end? How many are not saving any money as a buffer to protect themselves when times are tough?

Lots of people live within their means, and those who struggle even then are the ones who should be assisted. But, in the US, you have a f-up system that's going to take a hell of a lot of work to change it.

Income inequality is perhaps the biggest problem in the US right now, and most people don't understand how the game is being played by the corporations.

Look at Walmart...
They pay less than a living wage to millions of employees
As a result, you pay higher taxes to be able to pay to support what those employees are not getting from their employer.
In order to give you mass produced products for less, Walmart bargains down the supplier until they too are needing state support for their own employees, again from your taxes.
Walmart then funnels its profits out of the state and out of the country to avoid taxes, which you then have to pay more to cover.

You might be able to get something for less at Walmart than most other places, but you are paying more in tax to cover the low paid employees of both them and their suppliers, their delivery agents, and their manufacturers, while they also avoid paying the taxes that they actually owe to your state or government.

Now imagine this over and over again, with numerous corporations all doing exactly the same thing. You think you're getting a sweet deal on something, when in reality you and your kids will be paying for that increasing debt and taxation for decades to come.

This one model of how things work in corporate America (and elsewhere too) is all we need to see to know that the system is going to fail, catastrophically. This cannot continue indefinitely and it will all collapse, and it's already started.

That Conservative cnut in the video is just another example of how this has been allowed to happen over the last few decades. You can bet your behind that guy has shares in some dodgy corporations assisting in the destruction of your own economy while supporting laws to make that greed easier, and probably getting plenty more little perks for his loyal service to the corporate elite too.

And make no mistake about it, the Dems are just as bad when it comes to lining their own pockets at every opportunity.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
So the Huffington Post takes a quote, from a Republican, out of context and hypes it up. What else is new? When you go and look at the old folk stories like "Little Red Riding Hood" and "The Three Pigs", there was a reason that the bad guy was a wolf.
In Russia, the government employed professional wolf hunters until the 1970s.

It may have been a poor choice of words to make a point, but, these wolves are getting to be like alligators were a few years ago. They've been protected for so long that they have made a come back, now they are getting to be danger to people and livestock and nothing can be done because of their protected status.

I remember a man in Florida going to jail because he killed an alligator that had grabbed his four year old son by the leg and was dragging him toward a pond. "We understand your need to save your kid, but, that gator is protected."

Excuse me but poor choice of words is "we are overpopulated with wolves and need to do something about it" complete f up "we have an overpopulation of wolves that will get rid of the homeless..." do not excuse this scumbag thats why congress does and gets away with what it does so we lower our standards to someone who pubically holds office no bs we need to have higher standards maybe thats why this country is as messed up as it is!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
Wow, leave it to the GOP to be devoid of compassion.

Aren't they supposed to be the religious ones?

'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!' -Jesus

Sorry Jesus, the religious right decided to let you get eaten by wolves. They wanted to save money.

👣

Humor. And it was pretty funny too. Nothing in religion that says you can't be funny. Unless your Muslim, and a woman.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Am I the only person who actually read the article ? I think so....

Because the title of the OP is complete B.S.....

He didn't suggest using wolves to get rid of homeless people.... My gosh, what level of reading comprehension do you people have ? The article it'self even states that's not what he was saying, and goes forward clearifying it for people who just skim every other line....

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Its a rare opportunity they speak with the filter off. Or maybe their mind is so full of vile and comtempt towards the rabble (anybody who isnt on his way to be a billionair) that it cant all be contained.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join