It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Is A Liberal Utopia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Liberal to a right winger is the "Catch All Bucket" for anything they don't agree with.

Like secular government and equal rights.

Right wingers do not want a religious government, they want what the constitution guarantees, freedom OF religion, which is often misquoted and misunderstood as freedom from religion. Most right wingers want what the consitution guarantees, the ability to express ones religion without punishment in the public arena (ie teachers who are fired for having a bible - not reading or quoting from it - just having a bible in their desk).

Right wingers also believe in the document that says "all men are created equal", with the meaning "men" being corporate and inclusive of women. Right wingers believe in equal rights for everyone, not just the newly created protected classes, but everyone.
That right wingers don't believe in equal rights for all races and men and women:
are just mythologies that are repeated so often by the Democratic party that people actually believe the inaccurate and slanderous meme.

edit on 9Thu, 05 Mar 2015 21:24:05 -0600pm30503pmk054 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Gryphon66

I asked the question, someone answered, now I'm just determining if the identical US Constitution would apply.

Simple questions from a simple guy.

Yeah, I'm not talking to you per se, you're surprisingly reasonable of late ... I'm talking to the rest of the pack up there.

The absolute garbage being churned here would be laughable if it weren't so despicable.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

a reply to: Metallicus

I wonder what the US would look like if the progressive element of the DNC ruled supreme.

I donno maybe the U.S would look like a bigger version of Denmark Norway and Switzerland??

Could the same/identical US Constitution be applied then?

Ah donno...but they seemed happier than we are and their social policies rocks

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Liberal to a right winger is the "Catch All Bucket" for anything they don't agree with.

Like secular government and equal rights.

Right wingers do not want a religious government, they want what the constitution guarantees, freedom OF religion, which is often misquoted and misunderstood as freedom from religion. Most right wingers want what the consitution guarantees, the ability to express ones religion without punishment in the public arena (ie teachers who are fired for having a bible - not reading or quoting from it - just having a bible in their desk).

Right wingers also believe in the document that says "all men are created equal", with the meaning "men" being corporate and inclusive of women. Right wingers believe in equal rights for everyone, not just the newly created protected classes, but everyone.
That right wingers don't believe in equal rights for all races and men and women:
are just mythologies that are repeated so often by the Democratic party that people actually believe the inaccurate and slanderous meme.

You do know what "all men created equal" really means, right?

I was a Republican for 40 years. I am very aware of how Right Wingers hijacked the party.

You just keep trying to convince yourself that Right Wingers want a secular government.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

BS.

Republicans, wingnuts, the Right, ... whatever ... have been and are still fighting to avoid marriage equality and to inflict their religious view on the public at large at every opportunity.

Republicans, et. al. do not care about racial equality, and have done everything in their power to disenfranchise Black and poor voters.

Republicans believe in building the economy from the top down, in giving tax dollars away to corporations, and Republican policies have completely eviserated the American middle-class.

Republicans hide behind the Cross wrapped in the Flag while being the most extraordinary hypocrites claiming that liberals and Democrats do the very things they themselves are doing.

Republicans are gutless warmongers, sending lower and middle-class kids to die as cannon fodder in their wars for oil, and then, turn around and give Big Oil billions and billions of tax-payer funded subsidies generating in the last few years the most obscene profits in history, while normal Americans struggle to put a tank of gas in the car.
edit on 21Thu, 05 Mar 2015 21:32:09 -060015p092015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I wonder what the US would look like if the progressive element of the DNC ruled supreme.

I donno maybe the U.S would look like a bigger version of Denmark Norway and Switzerland??

Understood. But, above political parties, I always like to fall back on the Constitution. It's like a fail-safe.

If it passes Constitutional muster, then I'll be okay with it.

But that includes the Bill of Rights.

Thanks for answering.

edit on 5-3-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Well, maybe if you like snow, very little sunlight for 1/3 of the year and
a 55-56% tax rate.
euobserver.com...

So if you don't mind giving the government more than 50% of your take home pay, then they may be the countries for you!

edit on 9Thu, 05 Mar 2015 21:31:02 -0600pm30503pmk054 by grandmakdw because: added link

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

How about writing up a better one?
edit on 5-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Republicans hide behind the Cross wrapped in the Flag while being the most extraordinary hypocrites claiming that liberals and Democrats do the very things they themselves are doing.

The sad thing is, there is plenty of scholarship available to show that the way the Republicans, et. al. conceive of religion is not consistent with the spirit of religion. They are doing religion a great disservice.

But the scholarship isn't getting out there.

👣

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

How about writing up a better one?

I don't see anything wrong with the one we currently have, honestly.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

BS.

Republicans, wingnuts, the Right, ... whatever ... have been and are still fighting to avoid marriage equality and to inflict their religious view on the public at large at every opportunity.

Republicans, et. al. do not care about racial equality, and have done everything in their power to disenfranchise Black and poor voters.

Republicans believe in building the economy from the top down, in giving tax dollars away to corporations, and Republican policies have completely eviserated the American middle-class.

I know you consider me a right wing nut, and as you well know, I do not foist my religion on anyone and have a live and let live philsophy as do all my "right wing nut" friends. That is an innacurate meme.

Racial equality - ummm wasn't it the Republicans who fought to free the slaves and the Democrats who wanted to keep slavery? ummmm up until recently weren't the only former KKK members in the Congress Democrats? ummmm, I believe it was the Democrats who advertised themselves in the past as the "white man's party" - as I linked to in other threads.

Democrats are equal opportunity money takers to ensure everyone is equally poor. They fight to take as much tax money as possible to redistribute it to (oh yeah, most of the stimulus was slipped to the rich through programs and failed businesses). Even the President at this very moment is thinking of illegally trying to suck more taxes out of Americans by doing an end run around the law and congress.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
North Korea looks like happy people

** Official DPR Korea Government webpage **

link   
a reply to: beezzer

Doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement.

It's your blanky, isn't it?

link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Most of them are the worst kind of gutless cowards. They get called on their pleading for special rights in the name of religion, and label that anti-Christian and an attack on religious "freedom."

They don't understand why they get called on their homophobia when they describe gays as abnormal, perverse and pedophiles. And they whine about intolerance.

They don't understand why they get called on their racism when they demonstrate at every turn that they just can't stand the idea of any race other than lily White being in a position of authority or influence. And they whine about playing the race card.

+3 more 
link   
North Koreas massive military budget, huge income inequality, strict immigration controls, the closest thing to a secure border on earth, enviormental destruction in the name of progress, hard line foriegn policy, hardcore stand on crime sounds almost like the GOP plarform. That place seems like liberals worst nightmare. Sweden, Norway those are more liberal type states.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: beezzer

Doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement.

It's your blanky, isn't it?

Yes, it is my "blanky".

And if a Constitution was written that would insure that the same rights would be upheld,, then what would be done to "improve" it?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

BS.

. . .ummm wasn't it the Republicans who fought to free the slaves and the Democrats who wanted to keep slavery? ummmm up until recently weren't the only former KKK members in the Congress Democrats? ummmm, I believe it was the Democrats who advertised themselves in the past as the "white man's party" - as I linked to in other threads.

Who doesn't know that that was a long time ago and that since then the 2 parties have flipped their party platforms?

That's realy a stale argument.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Never let a good college education go to waste.

Progressives often blame others for what they themselves are guilty of.

They like to keep their ivory towers.

They are masters of illusion and fantasy.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I can make the lyrics of Vanilla Ice Ice Baby fit into the mysterious Bible Code.

A stronger position theoretically than this insanity.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The Democratic County of St. Louis is a police state.

They have loads of military equipment to fight the drug war there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join