It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Bond gadgets real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Does anyone think the government has active spies using pen missiles, cars that turn into submarines, planes that can fit in the back of a trailer, in other words, do you think they have spies using James Bond type weapons and transportation? Personally, i think they do, but i dont know if they go to the extent of cars that turn into submarines. But i think to some extent they do.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
In Dr. No, 007 had a phone, in a car!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I dont know about pen mssiles, doesnt seem like thyd be useful, to small, other things I'm sure they have a form of, hiding weapons like they do in James Bond as ordinary objects I doubt it. Super villans in the sense of the James Bond movies dont exist, in fact the only kind of super villains their are are psychotic political leaders.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
having a spy like james bond wouldn't be much of a spy in the real life because a spy is supposed to go unoticed. however, james bond always comes crashing in like drunk irishmen back from the pub. so no i doubt any secret service uses any type of james bond character to go get the bad guys. almost all of the gadgets used are real. the watches ofcourse don't fire out a wire so you can swing but they would be real watches that you could buy in a shop. the car that went in to the water and then changed in to a submerine actually did. im not sure if it was the car though they may have just made a submerine that looked like the car. also the black boat thing from the newer ones that he rode on the river thames was real. never see him with a walkie talkie though...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Actually the Goldfinger car was real. Everything really works.
The car was in front of a restaurant in West Vancouver, Canada for years and years. I knew the guy that owned it.

Because it was all real...illegal to drive.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAVERICK05Personally, i think they do, but i dont know if they go to the extent of cars that turn into submarines. But i think to some extent they do.

I'm not certain what you mean, but if what I think you're saying is correct then I would take it as a given that the vast majority of the technology would exist and be at the governments disposal, and that there are indeed spies utilized by government, so it is a logical conclusion that when the need arised such gadgets would be used in the field. The scenario and outcome however would ot be quite as Bond like.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Funny you would bring this up. I once heard that some military service saw the one device Bond used for breathing underwater. (That was the one that looked like a small CO2 seltzer bottle charger) they actually thought it was real and asked if they could use one. LOL needless to say they found out it was not a working model.

The Bond Series is perhaps one of the best around and I have no doubt many a government has tried to duplicate at least one of those used in the films.
To Flemings Imagination

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Now aone of bonds tools would be the perfect gift for christmas, i would like the pen gernade, watch lazer and, the BMW with stinger misslies.

new topics

top topics

join