It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone like spoilers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't know why people hate spoilers, but I love it. I mean it makes me understand more about the movie before I watch it so I don't have to ask so many questions during the movie.

Does anyone other than me like spoilers... at all?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
nah, I like being totally surprised in the movies, you get the full effect when you don't know what's going to happen and you experience right there and then, but that's just me.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't think it's "Just you", I think almost everyone I know hate spoilers and think that I'm dumb for looking up spoilers just to make sure I know everything and spend 8.50 on tickets to watch what I already know.

But I still love spoilers.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yeah, don't like them either. The only time I'll watch a movie and know what's going to happen (and actually enjoying it) is when I have read the book first

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I not only love spoilers , I need them! LOL if i'm reading about a movie and it sounds really good , I stop reading it and get really excited about seeing. IF it doesn't sound good than i read the whole thing and don't bother trying to see it.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't like the end of movie spoilers where people say how the film ends, other than that I enjoy watching the trailers and getting to know the film before I see it...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I love the end tho, it's the best part. I'm impatient. I wanna know everything about something, skipping all the boring parts of the movie.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
When I get DVDs of films I've already seen I watch the good bits, then do something else [post on forums] and watch the entire film through!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Not a DVD fan unless i'm watching at a friends house. Watching movies at home kinda makes me feel like it's lacking something.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
NO,NO,NO,NO,NO darn spoilers spoil everything!!!!

If this banana was a spoiler id be like

:uzi

Just thought id share with you all

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
In the case of spoilers somehow I think the giver feels better than the receiver.

There are about 6-7 standard plot formulas that work in Hollywood. Not to mention the number of films based on already established product. You could generally write your own spoilers and be right a lot of the time!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
There are about 6-7 standard plot formulas that work in Hollywood. Not to mention the number of films based on already established product. You could generally write your own spoilers and be right a lot of the time!

...Yeah - In fact, I believe a couple guys got together and were so feed up with the typical Hollywood format that they wrote a book that basically gives you a beginning middle and end to all these different "typical" scenarios that can be mixed and matched to create your own unique movie - lol

Personally...I can't stand spoilers...Especially movie trailers that are like 5 minutes long and take you throught the entire story of the film....

He's baaack....And this time - he's got a girl....."Johnny, I love you so much!" - "I know baby, but I have to go save the world"....THEN...."Oh NO! They kidnapped my father!"...."Baby, I have to tell you something....I've been cheating on you..." - "Just get away from me - didn't I tell you? I'm pregnant!" - "The world is going to explode in five days, and I have a kidney infection that only one man can save me from...."

....Ho hum....There's the movie in five minutes....

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfektLie
Does anyone other than me like spoilers... at all?

It can ruin a movie. Take the movie 6th Sense. If you know the ending it would ruin a suprise that was in store for you. Still I read spoilers any time I get a chance. I find most movies are predictable anyways. You can figure out who did it half way through the movie.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It depends. I mean, we all know what is going to happen in the next Star Wars episode, so I don't mind reading a spoiler of that. But for movies like 'Sixth Sense' I don't think spoilers are useful at all. The end was just so unexpected it would have been ruined if I had read the spoilers.

top topics

join