It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof (for me) that psychics are real ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
Vertu, I still don't understand how one phenomona you embrace while the other you reject out of hand. I too believe in the existence of telepathy or ESP but I suspect that the mechanism that causes it will also be very similar to psychic and mediumistic phenomona. Granted it could be that mediumistic abilities are simply a form of ESP and not neccassarily proof of the actual deceased communicating but if part of our mind operates beyond the normal five senses that opens up all sorts of possibilities including post mortem survival.

It is simply my own opinion. Just like yours, I have mine. But I explained above, why I have troubles with mediums, ghosts and ESP... and predictions. I am not waiting for evidence/proof etc, but one single person in this world, who can REALLY talk with the dead ones, and the methodical way, how he/she does it. There isn't any systemathic way of talking with the dead ones, only some 'coincidence', which may work or may not. That is not enough.

Furthermore: we can also consider, that a "medium" has learnt telepathy, and he/she is using this ability for hostile purposes, eg: digging in your mind, and telling you whatever you want to hear from your loved ones... or let's consider the conventional issue: asks you several questions, watching your reactions, and calculating the answers, the most likely to what you open your wallet for. . . . these people have nothing to do with paranormal phenomena.

Anyway, as written, people are getting close to uncover the mystery of telepathy, and it does have a scientific explanation. So we shouldn't match telepathy with witches and mediums, nor magic. But this is not an issue in this thread, I guess.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
psychics are good at interpersonal "20 questions"

A good computer program can do the same thing!

www.20q.net...

(click on "Play 20 Q")

The computer will guess what you are thinking of so fast, you will think it is psychic!

you can add 'insulated coveralls'
to the list of I WON entries
which stumped the computer

? did i psychic that item,
knowing i would get a positive result??

)o(....wwwhhhoooossshhh!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I tried that 20 question thing. It guessed marshmellow, confetti, an ice cream cone and a voodo doll. In the end I won: It was a balloon.

I think most people are not so stupid to fall for such a blatant attempt at process of elimination. It is highly ignorant of you to claim this is what psychics are doing, especially when the reader explictly said, all he gave was a name. I have seen mediumship readings take place and they can be very accurate for others.

However, also what is true, that to date I have not met a single real psychic that can demonstrate ability to me. They have either been wrong, or declined, so I can fully understand the skepticism of psychic ability.
Just recently a member from ATS U2Ued me claiming he could demonstrate psychic ability to me. It turned out he was a 16 year old presumptious and delusional kid who was basically psychoanalysing my forum persona and feeding it back to me. Yet, he got absolutely everything wrong. Yet, he insisted that he was "right" and I was "wrong"
That was a hilarious conversation. We spent almost an hour discussing who was right or wrong. I was only doing it to annoy him...

In the same way a psychic who lives nearby me, told me she got a message about me. The message was "You have a friend, he's very sporty and an ice skater, and he dabbles in things. Tell him to stop doing it" Well I am not sport, and definitely not an ice skater, yet she insisted it was for me. Because she thought dabble meant being negative, which she thought I was. When I told her what it really meant she quickly changed the subject :lol

Generally, these fake psychics , and there are swarms of them at Spritual churches, will tell you what they know about you from first impressions. If you were Egyptian, they would actually talk about "I see a long river in the middle east and there are Pyramids and I see your guide is a Pharoah"

Some will announce their messages with such conviction, as if they actually know what they're talking about, that even if they are wrong, their delusions will not dispell. They'll just say "you cannot remember, have a think about it later, I leave you with love"

Here is how you spot the bad ones: I learnt this after my circuits at some of the Spiritual churches.

1. They'll talk about people from your childhood, who you cannot remember, to which you must humbly respond "I can't place that"

2. They talk about your guides and give you names, or descriptions. To which you have to say "thank you"

3. They give you psychic animals, flowers, and then tell you that you will understand it's signifiance later in the most ambigious manner.

4. They will almost always ask you "if you are moving" and if you affirm, they will ask you where. Then give you a message about the place. The other one is "are you decorating"

5. They all tell you that you have been having problems, and that they are going to end very soon.

6. They will gives you dates at least a year away and tell you this is when you will get a promotion, a new job, a new partner or something else. Like perhaps a present on Christmas?

7. They will say very common names, and if you don't know it, they will say alternatives. Example if they said Jack, they might say Jackie, Jacob, Jason until they get a hit. They will mask this with an excuse that the spirit is not being able to express themselves. Some, like John Edwards on television, only says the letter "I have a K with me"

8. They will say things like "I am getting a pain here" and place there hand in the place(I'm getting a pain in my ass) and they will see if you or anbody you know has a pain in there. Once they've hooked you. They go on talking as if they know what they're talking about.

Beware of these. They are either hoaxers, liers or deluded. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for a genuine psychic to talk to me.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Nice story...

Anyway, I don't believe in psychics, they know nothing at all, and this story is fishy, too. But keep trying, some people may believe you, but I won't, that's a fact.

You know, remember_? Long post turned short, Yes mind control is possible, but like stated by others, if you do it, and the person is of equal or stronger mental capacity, look out, it could get reversed on to you, or at least have the opposite effect you were looking for

:-D

You could have embelished as to why you don't believe in psychics. You have no more reason to not believe than anyone else has to believe - PROBABLY LESS!! Many people can give accounts of Spiritualist mediums that have given them accurate information but WHAT CAN YOU GIVE??

Best wishes to the topic starter. It is there, even those that say that it is not so know in their heart of hearts.

Is capital letters shouting?

Oh, good.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by USER
You could have embelished as to why you don't believe in psychics. You have no more reason to not believe than anyone else has to believe - PROBABLY LESS!! Many people can give accounts of Spiritualist mediums that have given them accurate information but WHAT CAN YOU GIVE??

Best wishes to the topic starter. It is there, even those that say that it is not so know in their heart of hearts.

Oh, good.

Keep racing, and don't forget: there is nowhere to hide... now you run off to see who nibbles this thread..... fine!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Beware of these. They are either hoaxers, liers or deluded. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for a genuine psychic to talk to me.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

This conclusion was the most reasonable, and I stick to the same opinion. I guess, many "skeptics" would also love to meet a medium face to face.... Lots of questions to answer, and a damn real brand new way of contact!

Could be extremely hostile, imagine some fanatics talking with Adolf Hitler learning new ways of mass destruction. Or worse. If any portion of this phenomena was real, the entire world could experience its affects. Not just talking with the dead grandma about storing jam and butter....

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For all the 'non-believers' on this thread, I'm not trying to convince you, just saying it made a believer out of me that at least some psychics have abilities in that area.

Also, as I also said in my first post. The psychic was not prepped in any way. I had never met her before and I did not give her anything except a name. Somehow she still new something that I had not releated to anyone else.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

Originally posted by USER

Oh, good.

Keep racing, and don't forget: there is nowhere to hide... now you run off to see who nibbles this thread..... fine!

Nonsensical.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Centurion, that was a small but amazing sample. Are you considering going back for a longer reading? Or was that enough for you?

I believe without a doubt that such people exist and such things are possible, always have...as if I was just born knowing it and in fact am puzzled when people get so very loudly skeptical about it. Are there charlatans and scam artists? Yes. But that does not negate the real ones, does not prove real ones don't exist, and certainly is nothing more than a contradictory opinion.

I had my first reading done this past Tuesday evening. I walked in cold, didn't call or make an appointment, didn't bring my car there, went in with the attitude I'm sure they expect (closed, determined not to "give away" a thing either verbally or via body language).

We negotiated a 30-minute session and the payment. The first thing she said to me was that I had the sight too and was highly intuitive but had totally closed myself off from her as many do. She said open your mind or we can't do this. So I did, but still did not speak.

What followed was a two-hour session during which this woman proceeded to give me the months and the years of many many many significant events in my life, told me two spirits were with me and not only named who they were but the months and years they had passed. She told me about the son she had no idea I had, month by month what had happened to me this past seven months, and then month by month what was to happen for the rest of 2008...so we'll see about that part.

I'd say half the reading was like the two of us having a conversation but without me speaking. In other words she was in my head and heard my replies to her direct questions. But the entire other half was so random and so out of nowhere...things she could not possibly have known...that it literally made me reassess everything I have ever known...even though I already believed and, yes, am highly intuitive myself.

At the end, she told me that the success of a reading depends very much on a two-way connection. One person or the other cannot be closed. Most people interpret this as that they need to babble and from that give the psychic or intuitive all the information they need to pull a con. Not true. Being open needs to occur on a whole other level.

And by the way, she didn't charge me a cent in the end. Said it wasn't about the money, and that anytime I wanted to come back it would be on the house.

It was very real. She was highly intuitive and in touch with things most of us can only begin to imagine. I can't say much more than it took 19 pages in my (rather large) journal to document the reading. It was very intense. Such people do exist.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by ~Lucidity]

[edit on 13-6-2008 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join