It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof (for me) that psychics are real ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hear's my true story.

When my Mom died of cancer in 1995, it was pretty hard on me.

At that time I was doing about 70% travel for the company I worked for, so ended up flying home on a lot of "red eyes". On the flights I would find a place near the back of the plane where I could be alone with my thoughts. The aircraft lights would be low and I'd just sit there thinking about how there was so much I still wanted to discuss with my Mom and wished that there was someway I could. I never told anyone about this because it was intensely personal to me.

Fast forward several months ...

I had met a co-worker that said she knew a "real" psychic, and was having her over to her house to do readings the next weekend. I guess I was somewhat skeptical at the time, but had no other plans, so I went.

There were several people there and we all took turns getting our reading. When it was my turn, I didn't know what to expect. The psychic told me that she only wanted me to say a name and nothing else. So, I said my Mom's name. The psychic closed her eyes and just sat still for what seemed like a few minutes. Finally, she opened her eyes and said to me in kind of an indignant tone of voice "Why do you want me to contact your Mom for you? She says she talks to you on airplanes".

Needless to say I was stunned. Too stunned to think of anything else to say at the time. I have since thought about this many times, and still can come up with only one explanation - that this was real.

Of course, I can't speak for all, but this made me a believer.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What you have there is what they call an After Death Communication or ADC.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nice story...

Anyway, I don't believe in psychics, they know nothing at all, and this story is fishy, too. But keep trying, some people may believe you, but I won't, that's a fact.

You know, remember_? Long post turned short, Yes mind control is possible, but like stated by others, if you do it, and the person is of equal or stronger mental capacity, look out, it could get reversed on to you, or at least have the opposite effect you were looking for

:-D

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thats a pretty powerfull experiance you have had Centurion.......

My most powerfull ever ~PROOF POSITIVE~ experiances, I shall relate.....

Experiance #1

BACKGROUND:...... years back, while driving in our truck, my husband and I had this big, like.. 9 inch roundish rock come flying up toward our windshield and hit on the side of the windshield shattering the glass and making this bug dent in the metal part of the side window area......it was very scarey! we saw it coming, it came from out from under a huge semi truck wich flipped it upword tossing it AT US! My hubby swerved enough for it NOT to come straight through the middle of the windshield and hit us in the head..........but the truck was seriously damedged and the windshield was shattered.

Last fall.....I am driving along and I was suddenly FILLED with the memory of this happening.......and I slowed down, since my entire concentration was filled up with this FLASHBACK........I slowed even more......I was approaching an underpass and was looking at it and watched to my horror ....a HUGE cinderblock come flying off the overpass to smash on the road just in front of my car! If I has NOT been in the FLASHBACK memery and slowing down, this cinderblock would SURLY have smashed through my windshield and hurt me or my son........
This was such a POWERFULL proof positive to me....of a flash of phychic power.....or maybe Angels putting thoughts in my head to save us from the cinderblock.........(I am divorced from my ex husband now the one from the above story)........

Experiance #2

I am dating another guy, and I know his perants and family...... Last summer, he was staying at my house, and in the AM I drive to work with him so I can have the car for the day.
This one paticular day...I just DIDNT want to go...no way, no how! Even though I did have plans and NEEDED the dang car, I just did NOT want to go that am.......he left for work alone. I am sitting with coffee watching Good Morning America, wondering WHY I did that? now I have to cancel my plans for the afternoon!
The phone rings and its his mother.....She is ALL FREEKED OUT for no reason! Asking me where is Kent? am I SURE he is ok? and I tell her all is well he went to work and Ill have him call her.........I call his work to tell him this but he is'nt there, yet, but he SHOULD be.......so I leave a message.
10 minutes later I am called by Kent saying he was in a car accident and is at the hospital, the car is totalled and they are keeping him for a catscan since his head went through the windshield! He tells me its a dam good thing I wasnt with him for the passenger side of the car was smashed flat! I then had to call his mom of course.......and ask her to come get me and we can both go to the hospital to be with Kent. She is all freeked out saying "I KNEW IT! I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG!" and I know she was right......she called me! She was having a phychic flash of what was going on.....I must have been having a flash of this to, because I just didnt want to go with him that am......
This is the BIGGEST most phychic thing I was ever in the middle of! My flash was to just ~NOT GO~.....but his mother on the other hand KNEW in her soul that things were not right. I have the utmost respect for the feelings of his mother now......I KNOW this woman is in touch with 'something bigger' than most of us.

PHYCHIC abilities are a GENUINE thing. No doubt.....

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Think of the "subconscience" as a conscience being that communicates with other peoples "subconsciences". A collection of all of your thoughts and whatever you have heard no matter if it is from a conversation or tv or radio. I think that this is what psychics tap into. It could also be the "voices" people hear. Maybe they are talking to people that are gone, but maybe their just telling you what you thought anyway. Also, you may know something is wrong with another that you have a connection to through this conscienceness.

Or maybe I am just crazzzzzy.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by merovingian]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
psychics are good at interpersonal "20 questions"

A good computer program can do the same thing!

www.20q.net...

(click on "Play 20 Q")

The computer will guess what you are thinking of so fast, you will think it is psychic!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Took 25 Questions to get Spoon. It works just by a process of elimination like most 'psychics' do, however I do think that a small percentage could be genuine.

Just by giving your mothers name and have her say that she talks to you on the planes that's amazing

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Coming up with that airplane story after only knowing the name is totally different than 20 questions Howard. If Centurion's story is true of course...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
it depends on how much the the psyphic was "preped."

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't know why everyone acts like its a magic trick. A lot of people are able to communicate with the other side (or spirit realm). These people are often called "mediums." A lot of psychics are mediums and do their readings this way.
A psychic could very easily connect to someone with only the verification of a name. Yeah, it sounds crazy to people who haven't ever "opened the door," but its something a very intuitive/sensitive person can learn to do with a bit of meditation and practice... It is difficult to be accurate enough to do instant reads on strangers, but many can do it.

There are a lot of sham psychics out there, so I guess skepticism makes sense. And a lot of the real ones never do readings...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Do you actually hear (Voices) from the other side or feel and interpret?

By the way, I love rock and roll.
You probably see that all the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by merovingian

Are you asking about me, personally, or do you mean how do mediums receive spirit communications?

For me, I guess I could develop it more, but theres still much to learn, and I know enough to know I don't know enough.
Its difficult to explain. But, yes, I have connected with higher frequencies, unknowingly, and eventually realized that I was doing so. I got a little frightened and closed myself off.
I do not consider myself psychic. Sometimes I am able to feel the energies surrounding a person or situation, but not whenever I want.

I am relatively intune to my own intuition/inner voice/higher self/guides. I generally, don't take it any further...I have had telepathic experiences more often than clairvoyant, and some in dreams (a symbol or message).

Like I said, its something that was a little too much for me to explore further.

[edit on 123131p://666 by duh squared]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I got myself into some trouble in the past and for the most part "closed myself off" also.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by merovingian]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
While this thread is closing on its actual meaning, I must admit a few things I consider facts:

I don't believe that talking with dead people, mediums exist at all. If a person dies, he/she won't be flying around you waiting for a medium to contact you with. Many people think this, but it is nonsense. Also, informations, experiences, feelings, etc are stored in the human brain, and when that person dies, the entire body dies. Possible though, that his/her awareness leaps into another person/animal, but that still doesn't mean, you'll retrieve informations about the former dead person.

These people/machines are only doing this to make money, they don't play the medium for fun. It was already tested by several news agencies by secret, and proved to fail in nearly every time.

Only ignorant people get the bait, and they actually think, that the medium was really talking with their loved ones, but in reality, wasn't. Well, these ignorant people deserve the disinformation.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by merovingian

By the way, I love rock and roll.
You probably see that all the time.

Let's assume, that this question was designed to impact me personally.

My answer is NO. I don't hear any voices, the fact that I see you love rock'n'roll all the time is based on a unique sense to see a person's emotional image through text. You can hardly do anything about this, more rock'n'roll would just make it worse for you.

Also, don't blame your past, my sense evolved through decades, and works in real life situations, just as well as on a simple forum. But I don't think it's a magic or anything special, just something I was forced to explore and learn. I still wonder, what is its barrier.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Nice story...

Anyway, I don't believe in psychics, they know nothing at all, and this story is fishy, too. But keep trying, some people may believe you, but I won't, that's a fact.

You know, remember_? Long post turned short, Yes mind control is possible, but like stated by others, if you do it, and the person is of equal or stronger mental capacity, look out, it could get reversed on to you, or at least have the opposite effect you were looking for

Vertu,
to say you will never believe is as pointless and on a par with the gullible fool who believes everything. We can't know 100% that all psychics are fake any more than we can know that some are for real.

Also how then can you believe in mind control which I presume would involve interaction between two minds beyond the five physical sentences and therefore of the metaphysical and not psychic awareness.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
[the fact that I see you love rock'n'roll all the time is based on a unique sense to see a person's emotional image through text. You can hardly do anything about this, more rock'n'roll would just make it worse for you.

Also, don't blame your past, my sense evolved through decades, and works in real life situations, just as well as on a simple forum. But I don't think it's a magic or anything special, just something I was forced to explore and learn. I still wonder, what is its barrier.

Uhh the "I love Rock N Roll" was Merovingian's way of recognizing my avatar/signiture, and being friendly. Okay, professor?

And, as Ubermunche said, it is as ridiculous to assume all psychics are fake, as it is to assume they are real. You, however could never develop any psychic abilities, as you limit yourself with a closed minded way of thinking. Hey, to each his own... But who are you to judge whether or not, all of the people who claim to have such abilities- or to have met someone who has psychic abilities- to be stupid??

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
Uhh the "I love Rock N Roll" was Merovingian's way of recognizing my avatar/signiture, and being friendly. Okay, professor?

And, as Ubermunche said, it is as ridiculous to assume all psychics are fake, as it is to assume they are real. You, however could never develop any psychic abilities, as you limit yourself with a closed minded way of thinking. Hey, to each his own... But who are you to judge whether or not, all of the people who claim to have such abilities- or to have met someone who has psychic abilities- to be stupid??

Well, how impressive...

Next time try harder, I am not THAT stupid, as you think...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
Vertu,
to say you will never believe is as pointless and on a par with the gullible fool who believes everything. We can't know 100% that all psychics are fake any more than we can know that some are for real.

Also how then can you believe in mind control which I presume would involve interaction between two minds beyond the five physical sentences and therefore of the metaphysical and not psychic awareness.

I definately agree with you in some terms. First, here is a story that is not credible from my point of view, and I consider that fact. Second, there are those "mediums" who are creating great business and popularity by talking with the dead... that stinks, too. There is no exact recording of actual contact with a dead person, all of them are hoax, or that damn good psychic is hiding too well, I couls have lots of questions to him/her, that's a fact, too. Until we see a person talking with dead people, all such phenomena should be considered coincidence. I really believe that if there IS a real medium, he/she will be able to talk with everyone's gone relatives.

About the mind control: Every human manipulation is basically mind control, its levels may vary from a simple radio ad to an advanced telepathic phenomena. Humans are capable to learn and use telepathy, it's another thing that you don't believe in its existance. Well, I definately don't believe in mediums.

Got to talk about it a little more, telepathy is already used in criminal psychology on a technological basis, but I doubt that you heard about it. 100% credible before the law.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Vertu, I still don't understand how one phenomona you embrace while the other you reject out of hand. I too believe in the existence of telepathy or ESP but I suspect that the mechanism that causes it will also be very similar to psychic and mediumistic phenomona. Granted it could be that mediumistic abilities are simply a form of ESP and not neccassarily proof of the actual deceased communicating but if part of our mind operates beyond the normal five senses that opens up all sorts of possibilities including post mortem survival.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join