It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOPer says Jesus wants legal pot: ‘Everything God made is good, including marijuana’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

I know this is in the political madness forum but it's time to celebrate a little sanity for a change.

“All that God created is good, including marijuana. God did not make a mistake when he made marijuana that the government needs to fix,” Simpson said in a statement. “Let’s allow the plant to be utilized for good — helping people with seizures, treating warriors with PTSD, producing fiber and other products — or simply for beauty and enjoyment. Government prohibition should be for violent actions that harm your neighbor — not of the possession, cultivation, and responsible use of plants.”

On Monday, Rep. David Simpson (R) introduced a bill that would strike marijuana from Texas drug laws. If the measure was enacted, Simpson would have the “plant be regulated like tomatoes, jalapeños or coffee.” Growers and consumers would pay taxes on marijuana like it was any other product, but there would be no additional “sin” taxes.

I doubt if this bill has a chance of passing in the most backward conservative state in the country but it is so refreshing to see something positive coming out of the GOP even at a state level. I'm proud to be a Texan!!!

Sadly, I don't expect this move by Rep. Simpson will bode well with his political career in the Republican party or perhaps this will be a fore bearer of positive change in the GOP....I doubt it though!

edit on 5-3-2015 by olaru12 because: %gdh^$

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh God Please Let This Pass!!!

Great Find!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think this thread is the appropriate place for this.

👣

edit on 943ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I agree that MJ needs to be legalized in Texas, but I disagree with the representatives reasoning. Based upon his reasoning, I'd vote against his bill. Religion has no place in politics. To me, a better approach would be to point out the cost of enforcement and incarceration of the current prohibition...etc...etc...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Finally, one Christian that backs up their ideology that GOD is perfect!

So tired of hearing from the religious right that a plant their GOD put on this Earth should be illegal and responsible for people being incarcerated due to the laws of man!

That's for you OP! We have had our differences, but you nailed this one!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I guess he figured out how much money they can make or whatever his reason its good to hear a Christian make some sense. Ya cant always be so hell bound fire end times. Maybe if Cali and Texas would legalize then the Mexican weed cartels wouldn't have a buyer. No sane individual would purchase Mexi schwag when the finest in the world Is available in a shop. Kudos to Christian boy !
edit on 5-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

“All that God created is good, including marijuana. God did not make a mistake when he made marijuana that the government needs to fix,” Simpson said in a statement. “Let’s allow the plant to be utilized for good — helping people with seizures, treating warriors with PTSD, producing fiber and other products — or simply for beauty and enjoyment. Government prohibition should be for violent actions that harm your neighbor — not of the possession, cultivation, and responsible use of plants.”

God makes famines, bigots, and child molesters too.

Are they good?
edit on 5-3-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Are they good?

You confuse Satan with God.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Are they good?

You confuse Satan with God.

If Satan has the power to create, then isn't it plausible that he created marijuana? That would invalidate this Senators claims.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Are they good?

Famines are a necessary part of the designed system of nature.

However, bigots and child molesters are not made by God; they are made by men or they make themselves.
edit on 3/6/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

If Satan has the power to create, then isn't it plausible that he created marijuana? That would invalidate this Senators claims.

He doesn't. He only has the power to manipulate, influence, and deceive.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So when is he taking cyanide??

Classic example of right idea for idiotic reasons!

new topics

top topics

join