It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth In Media Comes to AboveTopSecret.com

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The synergy with what Mr. Swan is doing and ATS is obvious. Great fit I hope!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Bill, fair enough and you don't have to explain to me what has happened to these old ventures, although it is appreciated.

I don't want to derail the thread, and like i said I do think that anything that brings some new content to ATS or that encourages discussion is a great idea and congratulations on ATS staff for sorting this out.

But at the same time lets face it, these things do usually always fizzle out, this is another fad, it will pass like most of these things on ATS. Lets not pretend this will be any different.

edit on 5-3-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I can't speak for OtherSideofTheCoin but I wasn't criticising these innovations. (Although I note you omitted 'Dont Tread on Media from your list).

All I was pointing out was that these things start off well but it eventually becomes impossible to sustain them for whatever reason(s).

Ben's first contribution to ATS is as excellent and I'm sure we all look forward to more.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't want to derail the thread,

I clicked on this thread, and hand on my heart I scrolled knowing I would see you being negative towards a new venture from your previous posts.

I do believe in your favor you do this from genuine care for ATS, I would like to suggest one thing. Please be understanding not everyone wants what you want and that other people look forward to people trying something new. With any new venture you throw your line into the stream whenever you can, something will eventually grab, take hold if you keep trying.

Bill isn't a idiot, Mark isn't a moron, they know not everything will take, but they encourage new ventures.
I have in a professional capacity seen many many businesses and individuals go away, and some, just some who presented an idea that is so ludicrous not many people touch it, made it work, and some on a global level.

Just allow people to express themselves, try new things. If you don't like the content don't click on it. but never, stop creativity, journalism, expression.

I trust my comment says; 'I get where you are coming from, but please always just let other people try to express themselves their own way '
edit on 5-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

This is totally awesome but I'm confused as to the role they are actually playing.

Is this going to be like Jesse Ventura's level of involvement where ATS is just used as an outlet or are Ben Swann and his team actually going to participate and interact? What would be cool is if, independent from dropping videos on us, there would be actual threads with information and discussion from them.

I guess I'm just hoping for more this time around. But even if it were only an outlet for their videos, it's still a welcome thing to see on ATS. Awesome news, either way.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
All right ......lets get this party started......... This is going to be great!!

edit on 5-3-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Genuinely happy about this, Ben is a great journalist with great integrity. Will everyone agree with his positions all the time? No but it will make for some good reading and debates here.

edit on 5-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Too awesome! Better than...chocolate!

I also look forward to reading and, dare I be brave enough, to contribute my thoughts to his postings.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Will Ben actually be on here asking and answering questions or will it just be another Ventura , threads started but never responding to questions or opposing views ?

I value his pieces but I can watch them on a variety of other platforms.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, then. Congratulations!

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds and what topics will be discussed. I guess I don't really know him or his work that well (ducks head in shame), so on the positive side, I am "new market share!"

(I'm not sure which direction Mr. Swann leans, politically and otherwise (does anyone know?) - one might hope a journalist leans the direction of Truth in as unbiased a manner as possible. I look forward to finding out about him!)

Argh. I hate to make posts admitting my basic ignorance. I do hope to be enlightened...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I agree.Washington is out of control because no one is holding their feet to the fire.Namely the fourth estate.Swann is right.

Please God let this work out!!!!!

With out good media exposing these thugish gangsters in disguise the present will become the future.

Too many if us know now, which is why Google wants to control "truth" now.....

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoopyLou
Will Ben actually be on here asking and answering questions or will it just be another Ventura , threads started but never responding to questions or opposing views ?

Well… Ben isn't "off the grid" for starters.

He and is small staff are really busy, as you can imagine. But the plan is for active involvement in ATS -- it just might come in unpredictable flurries and such.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 5-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am sure it will be a fascinating thing to read and contribute to as well. I have read a lot of negative opinions in just two pages even before the ball gets "Rolling"

Myself I will wait and see as we all should before shooting down something that we have not yet seen.
Thanks SO for the effort to keep ATS interesting and draw out more debates and conversation.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Bill, fair enough and you don't have to explain to me what has happened to these old ventures, although it is appreciated.

I don't want to derail the thread, and like i said I do think that anything that brings some new content to ATS or that encourages discussion is a great idea and congratulations on ATS staff for sorting this out.

But at the same time lets face it, these things do usually always fizzle out, this is another fad, it will pass like most of these things on ATS. Lets not pretend this will be any different.

Nobody can fly "why try to?"
It can't be done "man can't breath if he travels faster than 30 miles o'er hour"
Nobody will ever stand in newyork and talk directly to someone in England...
The "horseless wagon will never catch on"....
"Einstein is an idiot, he doesn't know what he is talking about"
"We have decided to go to the moon and do these other things....not because they are easy but because they are hard"
"One small step for man..., one small leap.. For mankind"
"I have a dream...that one day all people can be judged by the content of their character, and not the color of their skin...., I have a dream"

What hath we if not hope this is the time, this is the place, this is the moment when the absurdities of past wrongs will be laid bare and made right

Maybe this is that time, this is that place, this is that moment.....do not let it pass you by, for you will regret it forever....

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

HOW DO I GIVE YOU MORE STARS?!

Also, I agree with everything you said. Yes there have been projects that have fallen by the wayside (I do miss Mr. Ventura though.), but with each failure should come the increase resolve to rise up once again, and take the challenges head on.

Well said, sir. Very well said.

あきらめないで!

edit on 5-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thank you for striving to bring wonderful opportunities to ATS!

I really look forward to seeing what they bring to the table to work with ATS on. Hopefully they will listen to the input openly and this can become a great forum of shared ideas and research

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Great to see journalists do what they actually should be doing !

With the massive amounts of money being thrown into disinformation by lots of different sides, I`m sure Mr. Swan and his team will get their fair share of it too...

"Keep your backs straight and don`t let it discourage of what you do, no matter how tirelessly and futile they want to make you feel, you`re doing the right thing !"

People who have the guts to call what is wrong, "wrong", will always have my admiration.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

We don't often agree, but I completely agree with you here. Well said sir.

Have a star! Glad to see we have common ground in our appreciation of Mr. Swann.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

This is great news. Good job.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join