It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemeni boys reportedly reenact ISIS burning death of Jordanian pilot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well....isn't that a nice way to treat your friend. WTF is wrong with these kids? So they see the video somewhere and decide they want to re-enact it on a friend? That is some serious FAIL on parenting. And I do have to wonder if these kids were idolizing IS or something, which is a pretty big issue in itself....IF IS is able to get kids to idolize them and copy what they are doing....sick.

Source

Sana’a: Inspired by the video of Daesh burning to death the Jordanian pilot Muath Al Kasaesbeh, a group of boys set about re-enacting the atrocity in their Al Dahthath village in Yemen’s northern province of Ibb.

According to local journalist Mohammad Mouzahem, as many as seven boys recently entrapped a 10-year-old boy in a wooden cage and poured fuel over him. One of them acted as a Daesh leader sitting on a chair and gave orders to his operatives to set the boy on fire.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sick beyond words.

So, this is what modern civilized society looks like....

I'm going back to sleep.

Being Awake is too tiring.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No different than kids copying some Hollywood blockbuster. Unfortunately, some movies and even television shows have shown just as bad if not worse ways of people killing others. Violence towards others has been around since the first humans walked the earth, and it will be around until mankind takes his last breath on this earth. A simple google search will yield plenty of gruesome, disgusting, horrible ways people die, especially some of those old torture devices used in mid-evil times.
edit on 5-3-2015 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So in Yemen kids do that instead of stabbing their friends to meet Slenderman. Does it suprise people that kids do stupid things outside of the US?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
No different than kids copying some Hollywood blockbuster. Unfortunately, some movies and even television shows have shown just as bad if not worse ways of people killing others. Violence towards others has been around since the first humans walked the earth, and it will be around until mankind takes his last breath on this earth. A simple google search will yield plenty of gruesome, disgusting, horrible ways people die, especially some of those old torture devices used in mid-evil times.

Unfortunately though, this cannot simply be chalked up to "how violent has our culture become!".

Back in the 70's, the cartoon "Scooby Doo" came under fire because there was a scene where a ghost was hanging by a noose in a closet. A group of kids re-enacted this, and sure enough, the child died from hanging by a noose.

I blame it not on violence in society or humanity for that matter. I blame it on the parents.

My father owned guns. He took my sister and I to the closet where his guns were stored, and pulled down the rifle cases, opened them, and showed them to us. He then locked them back up, and put them back up where they belonged on the closet shelf. He said "If you ever want to see these guns, or learn how to shoot, just ask. I'll be glad to teach you everything I know about how to be safe and have fun with them. However, if I ever catch wind that you went in here without my permission, I'll kill you myself." We never once even thought of going into his closet. His message was clear.

This was an issue of common sense. He removed any and all taboo from the situation. He made the results of screwing around clearly understood.

I think today, far too many kids simply don't get the message about what their actions can result in. The concept of teaching common sense has flown out the window.

top topics

join