It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America On the Brink of Losing Constitutional Form of Government Forever

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Obama took the Patriot Act to all new higher level of decimation of our constitutional rights

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Obama has gone over and above his redefining the word "war". I am waiting for the day he announces we have a "scuffle" or a "preliminary skirmish" ongoing with ISIS or one of it's bedmates.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Rocker2013

Obama took the Patriot Act to all new higher level of decimation of our constitutional rights

Agreed!!!

He took bush and multiplied his transgressions several fold.

Every negative precedent bush set Obama took to the next level....

This country can't take much more.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Obama has gone over and above his redefining the word "war". I am waiting for the day he announces we have a "scuffle" or a "preliminary skirmish" ongoing with ISIS or one of it's bedmates.

It will be named an "exploratory and observational" skirmish.

edit on Mar-05-2015 by xuenchen because: [_/oo_]::8::

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Civil Unrest?....Here?....Maybe if enough of us agreed on something to be upset about and agreed on an action or inaction to take or do or don't do or whatever.

Since we can't agree on anything to do or anything to say or what color the sky is, I suppose we will just have us a bit of civil unrest toward one another.

Wait, that's already pretty common....

Gubmint don 't need ta werry bout us chickens, we too busy peckin at each other to have any effect anyways...cept on each other....

Whatever

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
www.nationallibertyalliance.org

www.nationllibertyalliance.org

Git leegle bout it you rednecks, like anyone can actually use the courts which are the problem in the first place to fix anything at all ever for the common folks.

I mean, who can afford to sue or use the courts and THEIR laws against them?.

Gotta at least try.

Anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

An opinion is fine. An opinion is a personal take on a subject. We all have opinions. Just don't express said opinion as fact and expect not to be questioned on it.
Where did the OP state it as fact, well other than Obama has issued ECs that can be challenged by the law for their constitutionality? Even the article is opinion. Shall we assume you disagree? Haven't read all the responses to the OP, so did you take a position?
I don't dispute his opinion, of course. I do disagree to an extent, and I have not asked for sources on anything, merely engaging in a discussion regarding sources when the topic was breached. My apologies if I was misconstrued.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

a reply to: johnwick

I agree that there needs to be tougher immigration laws, and stricter border enforcement. Unchecked immigration is what lead to the situation we see in Sweden/France/etc. I completely agree with you on this. But America is a country known for not turning away those already inside her borders.

Yes, secure the borders. Personally, I like to see ALL immigration stopped, unless the immigrant has at minimum a four year college education. Japan has that policy, and it has worked wonders to ensure that the immigrants who DO come here to Japan are skilled, and can find GOOD work, and contribute the economy.

But those that are already inside, give them a little breathing room. Give them avenues to legal status so they too can contribute. America isn't heartless.

I would agree if that would be the last wave.

Let's see a wave in the 70s, they amnesty, a wave in the 80s they got amnesty a wave in the 90s they got amnesty, since the early 90s tens of millions, there are more Latinos than blacks here now, we have taken in morevthan enough, every single time this is going to be the last time and they will finally enforce the border.

[Remainder Snipped By Railgun for Brevity]

You make some excellent points, and I will concede to most of them. I have lived abroad for the last 6 years or so, so I don't know what it's really like in the U.S. right now aside from occasional conversations with my parents. You certainly have the edge when it comes to first hand experience and I'll grant you that.

I suppose I'm a bit of a bleeding heart (though not a bleeding heart liberal. Yuck). I know America for many is the land of opportunity and to see people who go there that just wanted a shot at a better life get sent back home is kind of heartbreaking for me. Even if they did it illegally, though my sympathy is dented, it's still there. So I'm torn on the issue.
edit on 5-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: Grammar why

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

I agree that there needs to be tougher immigration laws, and stricter border enforcement. Unchecked immigration is what lead to the situation we see in Sweden/France/etc. I completely agree with you on this. But America is a country known for not turning away those already inside her borders.

Yes, secure the borders. Personally, I like to see ALL immigration stopped, unless the immigrant has at minimum a four year college education. Japan has that policy, and it has worked wonders to ensure that the immigrants who DO come here to Japan are skilled, and can find GOOD work, and contribute the economy.

But those that are already inside, give them a little breathing room. Give them avenues to legal status so they too can contribute. America isn't heartless.

I would agree if that would be the last wave.

Let's see a wave in the 70s, they amnesty, a wave in the 80s they got amnesty a wave in the 90s they got amnesty, since the early 90s tens of millions, there are more Latinos than blacks here now, we have taken in morevthan enough, every single time this is going to be the last time and they will finally enforce the border.

[Remainder Snipped By Railgun for Brevity]

You make some excellent points, and I will concede to most of them. I have lived abroad for the last 6 years or so, so I don't know what it's really like in the U.S. right now aside from occasional conversations with my parents. You certainly have the edge when it comes to first hand experience and I'll grant you that.

I suppose I'm a bit of a bleeding heart (though not a bleeding heart liberal. Yuck). I know America for many is the land of opportunity and to see people who go there that just wanted a shot at a better life get sent back home is kind of heartbreaking for me. Even if they did it illegally, though my sympathy is dented, it's still there. So I'm torn on the issue.
Yes it is a place a lot of people would like to be, no matter what they may say to the contrary or how much they may bad-mouth the US at times. However there are thousands waiting patiently on lists to do so legally. Why should we treat one group differently? I think the question begging for an answer is, who does that serve?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I am unaware we were reclassified by "Gubmint" to be chickens. I was told we are sheep.

a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Pog Mo Hoin...

Look THAT up!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Pog Mo Hoin...

Look THAT up!

Now now, there are rules about posting, no matter what language it's in. You don't want to get in Dutch do you?

Like how I worked that? LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: Ultralight

I am pretty sure this is not the right forum for this. You might want to ask a mod to move it. But I like the thread OP......Good one.

You should let the mods do their job and worry about it since your not a mod ya know? I'm pretty sure they got it without you being a big brother, thanks for your concern though.

On topic, I would love a chat with your father in law Ultralight. I love history as well, and to hear stories from others that are our elders is always wonderful. I do have to agree that we are pretty close to some sort of precipice of change. It's sad that a country such as ours has become such a free for all throwing structure out the window
edit on 6/3/15 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/3/15 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/3/15 by gunshooter because: for some reason ATS wont let me type out the word window? Strange isnt it!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
You have to love people who deride a source because it doesn't jive with their perspective. People like this used to burn books. No doubt we'll see that happening again one day soon.

Remember that people who burn books will also burn people, recent history...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Eisenhouwer and JFK and some other US president warned the US citizens for a 'company' takeover of the US government. And nobody payed attention. I always considered these men intelligent and no fools... Just like Bush announced in september 11 1991 the plans for a World Government. When smart people like that start to talk like that one should listen carefully and keep those words in mind.

When an uneducated person says such things ... or give such warnings, he is considered a lunatic or conspiracy buff. I have a strong feel that when all american citizens feel there is pressing somehing ugly on their shoulders it will be too late. I guess that these sorts of things always go that way... in any country, in any time.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How exactly does the Directive violate the law?

SECTION 2 of the constitution - “The President shall … have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States”

So some folks broke the law by illegally entering the country. The Pres can pardon that offense. Any time. For a group.

Just like Carter did for all of the draft dogers. One word - Poof! No logner an illegal.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Well stated, Zatara.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Constitution was designed to be ruled by international treaties.

And to recognize the rights of creditors first before the law.

The constitution also allowed slavery because they wanted to keep holding off a banning because economics came first before rights.

Recognizing U.S. citizen slaves as people would undermine the equal protection it touted.

At no point was the constitution a perfect document. It was a great one historically mind you, but even the founding fathers knew it would have to be outdone eventually. And it was designed to be outdone.

It was mostly designed to be NOT ENGLAND at the time. Most of the democracy and fairness it touted were just sprinkles on the main point.
edit on 2015 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

This is a constitutional form of Government? We're not even
allowed to pursue happiness. We're enslaved by taxation, debt,
big oil and the tyrants in Washington to name a few. If this were
truly a constitutional form of government? The U.S. today would have
reached it's full potential and completely irradicated poverty and hungar
from the face of the Earth. But that has not been allowed to happen.
The world is a sheeple farm and the U.S is going to be the slaughter house.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join