It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Is Feudal: Your Own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've been seriously considering getting this game.

Life Is Feudal: Your Own is a Sandbox/Crafting/RPG game that is an Early Access game. I love games that involve having me craft things (hence my addiction to 7 Days To Die), and that are also Sandbox (the game doesn't have to end).

To this day I still play Skyrim and have always loved the crafting part of it (making your own weapons, armor, etc). This game reminds me quite a bit of that.

Here's a link to the Steam store where the game is available:

Life Is Feudal: Your Own

Here's a couple of screen shots:

I'd like to get some feed back from any of you that may already own this game and your feelings on it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This game has an extremely high learning curve. I've spent two hours playing and was barely able to put together a hut. From what I've also read, this game is definitely meant to played in a community setting. Single player doesn't allow for much exploring of the all the mechanics.

I haven't put much time into the multiplayer aspects of it as I'm waiting for it to get a bit more polished and optimized. But I recommend the game if you have the actual time to put into it. It definitely takes hours to build anything.
edit on 3/5/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I so nearly bought the game but It looks like a job not a game.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I looked at that one and the Space and Medieval Engineers ones, too. I'm just skeptical that I could get into them enough to make them worthwhile. It's like looking at Farming Simulator. Mildly interesting, but could I spend that much time driving a tractor around a field?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Space Engineers is a great game. I've put around 75 hours into. I enjoy the ore processing, and the manufacturing aspects of it. It has a lot of technical detail that make it unique. If only it had life support systems for ships and space stations and more decor/functional items.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

It does look good, but I think I would need a point to the crafting after a while. Do you sell it?

Banished keeps kicking my butt, but at least I have the townsfolk to try to keep alive.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Learning curves don't bother me too much.

After playing Eve Online for 8 years, NOTHING bothers me too much, hehehehe.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I thought it was Warband at first with the fight scene. I wish there was a combination of the two, a game where you can literally build your own fort or village, and then march with them to battle Warband style. Like a 1st person Age of Empires!

How cool would that be.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I never heard of this game, but looking it up. On a personal level I got to agree with boymonkey74 the game looks more like a job then a game. But I like the concept of it, and can see people playing it, if anything it will give those minecraftians something more to do, I think they may get a kick out of a game like this.

But personally even with all that, I really would not have the time or even want to put that much time in a videogame these days....If it came out some 10 or so years ago, or when I was a teenager it would be a different story, the game does look interesting...But today, got to give it a pass.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Sometimes a game surprises me. It will seem like it's all "work", but then it turns out to be quite addicting.

I can understand the amount of time that one might need to put it being a limiting factor. One of the things that used to drive me up the wall with Eve Online was the amount of time it takes to do the training for your pilot. Some things go fast (5 to 20 minutes real time), others? DAYS to WEEKS real time.......

The good news is I'm semi retired, wheeeee! So I sort of have the time...sometimes.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I have just brought the game!

Going to try it out.

Maybe we could make a ATS server

Bash each others brains out with maces seems like a fun idea.
edit on 6-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join